Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  11:30:57 PM  Show Profile
It is 11:30 pm, and I have this crazy itch to get in the kitchen and cook up a storm!! Probably because I haven't done any real cooking in the last week since I left Idaho. But all my cookbooks are still packed, and I'm sure the moment I get midway into a recipe, anyway, I'll crash and want to go to sleep...

Hmm....

I wonder if mac and cheese would rid me of the cooking bug.... LOL Instant is just not cutting it, though.... I think I'll wander on into the kitchen and see what I can come up with...

I think I'll design a 'midnight chef' apron while I'm at it...

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

fionalovesshrek
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Paige
kinston North Carolina
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  09:48:00 AM  Show Profile
sometimes just getting in there and chopping veggies is a good way to get the chef bug out of your system. It's a good way to get things prechopped for future meals too! Organizing your pantry is another good time waster if you're just wanting to be in the kitchen. Funnel cakes are quick and easy and I find, keep well for a day or two and are good at room temp...I get like this too, just gotta cook!
P~

living a good neighbor life

www.fionaswampington.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  10:00:22 AM  Show Profile
That's pretty much what I resorted to, Paige. I just got in there and did some quick and easy veggie choppin', threw it all in a casserole dish, added a dash of this and that, some olive oil, and stuck it in the fridge for today. Felt MUCH better and fell asleep content with the day, lol.

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2329 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2329 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  12:24:27 PM  Show Profile
I make muffins when I have a late-night cooking urge, then breakfast is already made. This is a good thing since after being up late I will probably sleep in....

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

fionalovesshrek
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Paige
kinston North Carolina
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  9:00:47 PM  Show Profile
Muffins are a great idea. My mother in law gave me fiber one muffin mix, and I do it super healthy by adding ONLY a can of pumpkin puree then baking.
So Jodi, what kind of casserole did you end up with? I'd love a great veggie casserole dish! Please share what you did especially if it tasted yummo!
P~

living a good neighbor life

www.fionaswampington.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nigella
True Blue Farmgirl

386 Posts

Nigella
Chimacum WA
USA
386 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  09:48:30 AM  Show Profile
Oooo coffee cake is a good one to make the night before... a little sampling now... and more with coffee in the morning! :D

-------------------------
If the ways is long
Let your heart be strong
Keep right on 'round the bend
Though you're tired and weary
Still journey on to your happy abode
Where all that you love
And are dreaming of
Will be there at the end of the road.
-Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  5:02:09 PM  Show Profile
Muffins would have been good...or coffee cake...or heck, cookies would have worked too...CHOCOLATE chip cookies!!!

Paige, I just put some olive oil in the bottom of the dish, cut up some potatoes and onions and threw that in there. Then I minced some fresh garlic, and added that along with some salt and chili powder. I'm a vegetarian, so I had a can of veggie chicken 'meat', and I just diced that up, put it in, and then dumped the gravy from the can in, too, so the flavor would cook into it.

That's pretty much it, a basic tater dish, but it was really super yummy. I just add everything to taste... I'm having leftovers tonight, lol.

~Jodi

Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What to do... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page