aimeeravae
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Aimee
Deer River MN
USA
341 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  8:43:51 PM  Show Profile
http://www.thegreenguide.com/blog/children/1605?source=email_gg_20080716&email=gg

Check this out...I thought its one small step.

Aimee

http://laplantewardklopf.blogspot.com/ Motto To Live By
"Life should NOT be a jouney to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2245 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2245 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  11:55:44 AM  Show Profile
It may be a good small step forward but the reviews on usability sure aren't good; I can't judge that myself since I haven't had the opportunity to use one yet. I think the best method was the glass bottles that were returned and refilled.

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  6:24:04 PM  Show Profile
I guess grees cam be good sometimes. Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

aimeeravae
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Aimee
Deer River MN
USA
341 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  07:47:13 AM  Show Profile
I would love to go back to the glass bottles! There is a packager in the Twin Cities that does organic in a glass bottle. That is what we use when we are there. I lived with my father when I in high school(Twin Cities). One of the milk companies still delivered milk to our house. Monday and thursday I would leave a cooler on the porch before school and come home to milk. It was great.

Aimee

http://laplantewardklopf.blogspot.com/ Motto To Live By
"Life should NOT be a jouney to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  11:44:20 AM  Show Profile
I purchased milk at Costco in the new jugs. No problem pouring the milk out -- and my husband was able to drink straight out of the jug with no problems, either! (Don't you hate when they do that?? But he's the only one who drinks the 2 percent, so it's allowed!)

A local dairy here delivers and also sells at the supermarket milk in glass bottles (deposit/refund upon return of bottle). But I don't agree with his political stands (he's run for several offices -- senator, governor, etc.), so I don't buy that company's products.

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  12:37:23 PM  Show Profile
At work they've had the new jugs and I have noticed that they're a little more difficult to pour from with the neck part being so short, it also makes it harder for younger ones that have been able to use the regular jugs to pour from as well. Eh well, we'll all learn to use them. I much prefer the glass bottles too!

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  7:17:50 PM  Show Profile
There was a report on these new jugs in my university's newspaper and it said that it was difficult to pour although very easy to store. I would definitely prefer to have the old glass bottles. That would be great!!

Chelsey

Farmgirl Sister #283
Go to Top of Page

Julimac
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Julie
Omaha NE
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  10:04:53 PM  Show Profile
On our news they mentioned that if you pour by tipping without the jug bottom leaving the counter.... (hard to describe) that it will not spill.
-julie

"sometimes it's better to be somebody else...."
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  06:24:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I guess I never noticed a change in design and since I always pour from 3-4 inches above anyway! I guess I will have to go check the jugs I have in the fridge.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  06:33:15 AM  Show Profile
I love how milk tastes in the glass bottles too. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. I am thinking about trying a home delivery service, we go through about 3 gallons a week, so it may be worth it.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9325 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9325 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  07:19:19 AM  Show Profile
I was wondering, how green can it be when they are still using plastic? I like the glass jugs but right now we use the cartons. Though I just ran across some information on using ultra-pasturized and was wondering about that because I buy organic and it says this on the label. Why do they need to ultra pasturize it if raw is best for you anyway?

Denise
farmgirl sister #43
"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  10:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I prefer it from the cow, to the glass gallon jar, to the pitcher set on the table after the cream has been skimmed.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  6:21:03 PM  Show Profile
Denise - the Ultra-pasteurization provides a much longer shelf life. Not exactly natural hunh?
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  2:47:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I bet it would not make us happy to know exactly how long milk is out there before we actually consume it.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page
  HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic Milk jug redesign Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page