Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Need Diapers?*PHOTOS* Next Topic  

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  5:41:24 PM  Show Profile
I just wanted to alert you farmgirls with babies that there is a great deal coming up at Walgreens for baby diapers/training pants. Next week (the 20th-26th) the Walgreens brand diapers and training pants are on sale for $5.99 each. In their EasySaver booklet (found up front on a rack with their weekly ad) is a coupon for $5 off two packages. Plus, if you buy three packages of diapers a coupon prints out of the register for $5 off your next order. So basically you buy three packages of diapers ($5.99 x 3 = $18) and use the coupon which will deduct $7.50 = $11.50 and then a $5 coupon will appear out of the register for your next purchase (which you can use on pretty much anything in the store) so you really end up paying $6.50 for three packages of diapers. Great deal! If you want to do the deal again DO NOT use the $5 coupon that printed out of the register to pay for the diapers or another coupon will not print out. Just save the $5 coupon for something else that you need. And you can't buy more than three and expect more coupons to print out, like if you buy six packages two $5 coupons will not print out. So you need to buy them in transactions of three.
I know a lot of farmgirls use cloth diapers (I do most of the time) but this is a great deal for those who want to stock up on diapers. I did this two weeks ago when their diapers were on sale at this price and am well stocked up!!
-Elizabeth

Edited by - babysmama on Jul 14 2008 4:00:26 PM

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  5:56:18 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Are the diapers pretty sturdy?? Charlie seems to shred cheapo diapers and I can only use Huggies (The red box). Thank for information. I was just writing down diapers on my list. HA!! Things do happen for a reason...

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  6:01:52 PM  Show Profile
Walgreens has two different packages of diapers. One package is white and one package is red. My kids can use both without leaks but some parents that I have spoken with can only use the red, which they compare to Huggies or Pampers. I think Walgreens may be switching their packaging though so I think the red may soon be replaced with green packaging. So if you are leery of leaks I would try the red (or green) packaging and leave the white ones alone.
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  6:30:58 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ok..I think I got it???? HA!!!

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  6:36:07 PM  Show Profile
Yes, it's confusing! lol Hopefully you have it figured out but feel free to ask questions if not!
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  7:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I will just wander aimlessly in Walgreens...he he he...I am sure the labels say something like "super" or something...

There are also coupons online..are those the same as in-store??? Is that little save packet already out for me to pick it up or do I have to wait until the 20th???

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  7:34:17 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Can you buy more than 2 packages at a time with more coupons? Does the sale for these items only start on the 20th or can I go get them now? I have a lot of ?'s...sorry... : )

Heather

FARMGIRL #90

Edited by - catscharm74 on Jul 13 2008 7:44:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  7:58:18 PM  Show Profile
The Easysaver booklet is put out at the beginning of the month so it will be out now. If you don't see it you can ask, all the cashiers will know what it is (unless you get one of the young male cashiers that never seem to be "with it!", I often ask at the cosmetic counter since they seem to be more knowledgeable). The coupons online may be the same, I haven't checked online to see.
You can purchase more than two diapers with the coupons. The coupons in the EasySaver booklet often say something such as "Limit 2 per coupon" BUT the registers deduct as many as you buy with just ONE coupon. So even if you were to buy five packages you only have to give them one coupon and it would deduct $12.50. The coupon states $5 off 2 but takes $2.50 off per pack so if you were to just buy three it would take the $7.50 off. You can buy as many as you'd like with one coupon but remember that you only get the $5 coupon that prints out of the register once with each transaction, so if you want more $5 coupons to print you have to do them in orders of three.
The sale of $5.99 does not start until the 20th. Right now the price per pack is $7.99 so if you bought them this week it would be $7.99 x 3 = $24, minues $2.50 per pack with the EasySaver coupon = $16.50, and then you have a $5 for any future purchase coupon that will print out so it's kinda like pay $11.50 for three packages. Not as great of a deal but if you can't wait until next week it is still pretty cheap for diapers.
And make sure that the cashier hands you the $5 coupon when she hands you the recipet. The coupon prints out of a small printer right next to where the reciepts print out and sometimes they don't notice and don't hand it to you so watch for it and ask if they don't give it to you. It shows somewhere in the EasySaver booklet to "Buy three of these products to receive a $5 coupon" and it shows diapers. If you haven't ever been to do Walgreens deals you may want to check out their free after rebate items in the EasySaver booklet as well. You buy the products they list as free after rebate and then enter your info online from the recipet and get your money back on those items, plus 10% if you choose to get your money on a Walgreens gift card. Often times I will do all the free after rebates, earn the 10% on their gift card, and use the gift card to pay each month on the next free after rebates. I get pads, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, etc. free this way. And you can use coupons on those items so they are actually paying you to buy them. Only one free after rebate item per household (one toothpaste, one shampoo, etc.). Hope that helps. Glad to answer any questions - my husband calls me a coupon queen! lol
-Elizabeth

Edited by - babysmama on Jul 13 2008 8:02:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  2:53:19 PM  Show Profile
I'm going to try to add a photo of my kids and their diapers. Hope this works!

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z317/babys_mama1/063.jpg

Edited by - babysmama on Jul 14 2008 2:56:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  4:02:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Very cute kiddos! Do they all wear diapers?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  4:12:33 PM  Show Profile
The oldest (rebecca 4 1/2) wears Pull-Ups at night, Jacob (just turned 3) is starting on potty training, and of course Joseph (2 months) is in them full time! I do use cloth a lot but when I get a chance to stock up on disposables at such a cheap price I do!
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  5:48:50 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
What a bunch of cutey pumpkins!!!

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Need Diapers?*PHOTOS* Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page