Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 what would you make with these?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic what would you make with these? Next Topic  

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  6:05:20 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I had to cut off long sleeve dress shirts (white) for my daughter and make short sleeve. So now I have these sleeves with cuff's on the end and I need to figure out what to make out of them!
ideas? what would you make with these instead of just throwing them out.

AngiKay

For he is faithful that promised. Hebrews 10:23

check out Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  7:53:16 PM  Show Profile
hehe...just a thought, you could always make plastic bag holders....Sew a hem like you would for a curtain rod ...only just big enough to pull ribbon through. Then, pull ribbon through and leave enough on the ends to tie a knot and a bow. Then, you just gotta stuff your bags in the top and pull them out the cuff bottom as you need them.
lol...nice fancy bag holder....
just a thought ;)
Jess

Farmgirl Sister #235

http://crshelpmeet-heartssong.blogspot.com/

Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug. -- Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  9:44:33 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Jessie... What a cute idea! I like that!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  05:34:14 AM  Show Profile
I always make yo-yos from clothing leftovers, and of course pick off the cuff button and put it in the button jar. Unless her shirts are teeny you should be able to get a couple of CD-sized yo-yo circles from the arm.

Farmgirl Sister #204
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  06:25:12 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Can you add them to another shirt to make a funky looking shirt? Or maybe a costume??

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  09:05:39 AM  Show Profile
In Pretty Little Pincushions, a shirt cuff is used to make a cute pincushion -- can't quite remember how (!!) -- I think adding a circle of felt to the top and bottom. And sew shut the button/cuff area. Anyway, very cute with plaid or corduroy, as I recall. Check out that book sometime, either library or bookstore. Lots of cute.

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  12:26:40 PM  Show Profile
I saw them used to make wine bottle covers. Very cute. You sew across the bottom and the cuff gets folded over a little at the top. Kind of looks like the collar on a dress shirt.

"Nature always has the last laugh." Mrs. Greenthumbs

Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  1:24:34 PM  Show Profile
Save'em and make your daughter a memory quilt,
It would be a special quilt for her to cherish later in her years.
Pinkroses

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  07:02:02 AM  Show Profile
oh my gosh lots of ideas! I am already making her a quilt with her chorus tshirts, and i have a stash of of yo yo's cuz i love making those. However I love the wine bottle idea and I could decorate the white with the cute ideas and have 8 of them - yea!! I also like the bag idea and pincushion. THANK YOU LADIES SO MUCH!! i KNEW my farmgirl friends would come up with somthing.

AngiKay

For he is faithful that promised. Hebrews 10:23

check out Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  4:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
when i was a girl, we used dress shirt cuffs to make doll bonnets. just cut off the cuff portion and stitch the unfinished edge closed, then trim in lace and tack on a bit of ribbon for ties.

What we write today slipped into our souls some other day when we were alone and doing nothing.
-Brenda Ueland

http://quilandneedle.blogspot.com/

http://musingandmuttering.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic what would you make with these? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page