lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  08:54:11 AM  Show Profile
Since reading MaryJane's book, I have been wanting an outdoor "room" I brought the subject up last night, knowing the look I would get from the "farmer", he doesn't quite "get it" but I did convince him to help me with it. I just want a place I can sit and read and enjoy the sounds of the farm. No phones, no distractions. I can just read and watch the animals, perfection.

I do need his help due to the wind we get everyday I want some sort of windbreak, he was of course ready to go to Home Depot, (any excuse)
Then I gave him the real challenge, I want it built with no expense. We are living on his Dad's farm, his Dad was the king of packrats, so was his brother, there is stuff EVERYWHERE, of course it's "good stuff" and can't be disposed of. I'm thinkin some old glass shower doors would make a perfect windbreak and I can plant some bamboo or something around it. Then just a couple chairs and an old table, whadda ya think gals?

http://bumpercrop.blogspot.com/
I was Country before Country was COOL

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  10:01:28 AM  Show Profile
You go girl!!! I want to see pics when you've got it going, and when it's finished for sure!!! With all that stockpile, you should be able to have a one of a kind outdoor room!

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing
Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  10:12:49 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Clare, I welcome any ideas you have for additions to my "room" I won't be able to enjoy it until next spring, but that means I have all winter to get it up and going, what I really want to find is an OLD lawn swing, the new ones do nothing for me,,,,Oh I just love a project and my favorites are the ones I can do without spending money, even though my logical mind knows that sewing and canning cost more than store bought my creative self loves it and feels like I get "something for nothing" I am a walking contradiction, I absolutely HATE to cook but love to can and bake, weird I know but when I get done cooking I feel like all I have left is dirty dishes, but the canned goods,,,,,,,,oh my I can just sit and stare and enjoy that full pantry and LOVE IT!!!!

http://bumpercrop.blogspot.com/
I was Country before Country was COOL
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  09:03:36 AM  Show Profile
i love to go to one of our 'porches' .. or lie in the hammock or an 'outdoor chair' at the edge of the forest to read. frannie
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  12:25:27 PM  Show Profile
The shower door thing sounds great. I can just see the light breaking on the pebbled glass, and leaves singing in the breeze. I like to read in my glider, under the crabapple tree in the front yard. We are away from the road, so it private.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Outdoor reading room Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page