Alseafarmgal
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Rebecca
Alsea OR
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  10:46:34 PM  Show Profile
I found a copy of Mary Janes Farm magazine at our local co-op and couldn't put it down. I checked out the forum...and would like to get to know such a wonderful group of farm gals.

Let me introduce my self. My name is Rebecca (Becky) and we recently acquired a 10 acre farm in the little town of Alsea. My sweet husband Rick and I have not moved to the farm yet, but have planted a small
garden and have twelve chickens. We are waiting for permits to set up a mobile home, but in the mean time visit the farm daily to care for garden and chickens.

I have so many things I want to do when we're there full time. I would like a couple of milk goats, learn to make soap, build a greenhouse, expand the garden... Oh the list goes on. We want to be as self sufficient as possible and perhaps create an income from the farm.

I enjoy quite, simple, country living and when I'm not at the farm (we don't have a name yet) You can find me creating something....I'm a photographer and artist. I love learning and trying new things.

I have learned to ride a motorcycle this year and Rick and I are planning a trip to Alaska.

I look forward to meeting ya'll.

I do have a question....I noticed a lot of you gals have blogs. I don't know much about them, what do you think are the best ones? Are there fees involved? Any help would great.

Becky

"Live your Dreams"

www.renfrophotography.com

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  11:14:02 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
a big welcome from the last frontier! if you come to alaska i hope you visit the interior (fairbanks)! when do you plan to be here? if you plan on this area be sure to email me privately and i will happily give you my phone number and even take you for a nice long ride on the 4 wheelers (we have 3 of them and in is a 2 person model!)to give you a real picture of alaska rather than just the tourist version! do you like to fish? i would love to meet you! peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  04:14:46 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from Georgia! I love this site and you will too. You will have fun and learn lots from other farm gals.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  05:48:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Hi, Rebecca! Welcome from the bluegrass state of Kentucky!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  06:30:14 AM  Show Profile
A big hello from another Oregon girl! Everything you wrote in your intro I could have said- even my hubby's name is Rick. Except the motorcycles went away about 10 years ago. This forum is great glad you are here!

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  07:04:22 AM  Show Profile
Hey Becky, welcome from Washington and hope you have a great time here as you grow your farm and new home. Look forward to hearing more.

Jami in WA

Okay, so now I have a blog. http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  07:05:22 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hey Becky, welcome from WA State....I use Blogspot.com and love it, there are no charges just opening a gmail account ( no charge there either)... Glad you found us, it will be fun getting to know you......would love to hear more about your photos....

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlkate
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

kate
bryan TX
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  07:56:52 AM  Show Profile
Howdy from Texas Becky! It's so nice to meet you and I'm so glad you found your way here. It sounds like you'll fit in well. I do the motorcycle thing too-I'm glad of it too now that gas is so darn high!
As for the blog question, I think it depends on what you want your blog for. I am a writer and I use mine mainly to just sound off on thoughts or try out ideas for a story. I am on xanga, which in my opinion is a grown-up version of myspace and facebook. Others have blogs on type pad, e-blogger, etc. There are a zillion out there to chose from. Some have fees, some don't. You just have to go look and see what you like and then look into it. I'm sure you'll find something that suits you.
Good luck and welcome to the farm!
~kate

"You only have what you give...""

www.xanga.com/k8tthelate
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  08:47:17 AM  Show Profile
Another welcome from Georgia, glad you found us, cant wait to get to know you! The farm sounds great I know you cant wait to be there.
I like blogspot, I'm new at the blog thing to and it was very simple for me to understand. Good luck and keep us updated. Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alseafarmgal
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Rebecca
Alsea OR
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  10:02:20 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning....Got a hot cup of coffee, fresh ground. Thanks for the warm welcome. This is like chatting with the girls over the back fence. Connie thanks for the invite I would love to meet up with you. We were planning for this summer, but with the permits taking so long we have to get the place ready for winter. So next summer...what is the best month to visit weather wise? and yes we love to fish. That's Rick's big dream is to fish in Alaska. I'll keep in touch.

Hi Lillian....Nice to meet some one from Oregon and Susie in GA, Miss Bee Haven in Kentucky (Love your name) everyone all around the USA.

Jami, Rene' and Kate, Thanks for the blog info...I'll check out some that your using and a little research. I want some place to write about farm living...our progress as the farm takes shape. To share my photography and arts & crafts.

Well coffee's gone....Better get to work.

What a nice way to start the day.

Becky

"Live your Dreams"

Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  10:07:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi Becky,
Welcome! You are going to love it here! Everyone is so wonderful.
Take care,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Go to Top of Page

feedsack4ever
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

linda
opdyke illinois
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  10:41:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi Becky, this is a really nice place to be. I'm not much of writer, but I do love reading the forums and being made welcome when I do join in. Everyone here is so nice.

Linda

www.feedsack4ever.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  9:47:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi becky--Another welcome from another Washingtonian. I have been to alsea--loved it. Your place sounds great as do your dreams and plans.
I have blogspot for my blogs--I actually have 7 blogs but visit me on the ones you see here.
I hope you make that trip to Alaska--you'll love it. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Alseafarmgal
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Rebecca
Alsea OR
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  06:23:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi Marybeth,

Thanks for the welcome. What brought you to Alsea....Family, Friends? I checked out your blogs very nice. Thanks for the info.

Have a great day.

Becky

"Live your Dreams"

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  05:10:50 AM  Show Profile
hi Becky .. and WELCOME! oh i tell everyone i meet .. 'DO NOT DIE BEFORE YOU VISIT ALASKA' .. it is truly God's big backyard here on earth. (may all your farming dreams come true!)

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Alseafarmgal
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Rebecca
Alsea OR
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  06:41:59 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Frannie...Our trip to Alaska will be next summer now. We have to get the farm ready for winter. ie a roof over our heads. I'm just loving the whole adventure.....

Have a great day!

Becky

"Live your Dreams"

Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  09:41:56 AM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
frannie has that so right! everything here is most awesome! be sure you visit the interior or you will miss the best of alaska! funny thing is i always said i would never even visit here and now i wont leae even for a visit! peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  07:29:19 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Becky, it's nice meeting you here!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic A Big Hi from Oregon Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page