Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 LQQKY! Beth's New Farm!!! *pics!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic LQQKY! Beth's New Farm!!! *pics! Next Topic
Page: of 2

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2005 :  07:53:58 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Today is the start of a long weekend of moving. I can't wait unitl it's done and I sit and enjoy a cup of coffee in my new farm. I will be sure to take many photos of the move and post them here.

I truely believe that some things are meant to be. Thanks for all the farmgirl support!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
-Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

Go to Top of Page

prairiemaid
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Margret

Canada
200 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  05:22:10 AM  Show Profile
Very nice! Lots of character. Congrats and enjoy! Have you moved in? Hurry up and get your computer set up.

Call me old fashioned.

Edited by - prairiemaid on Oct 22 2005 05:24:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

phillytoo
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Phyllis
Canton MI
USA
18 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  7:19:35 PM  Show Profile
Beth,
What a beautiful house and barn you have! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. I esp. like the little oval window at the front of the house. Very pretty.

phillytoo
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  6:11:01 PM  Show Profile
Beth many blessings and much happiness with the new property. I agree with Jeannie about the pattern on the silo being scandinavian, it definitely isn't "plain" like the Amish and Mennonite Farms of Lancaster County, Pa. A hex sign would usually be circular and have a meaning (fertilty, prosperity, etc) and meant as a good luck symbol.
Your house looks great and I love all the (oak?) woodwork. I have those same french doors that we salvaged from a house that was modernizing! All the best and keep those pics and updates flowing!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

countrymamma
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Rural Manitoba
Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  6:28:48 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations. What a beautiful home and farm. Enjoy!!

~Carol
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2005 :  09:25:54 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
So here we are on Thursday and I am still moving stuff. The furniture and final belongings will be in on Saturday. The more I say it the more I beleive it. Not only do I have to move a 6 person household but I also have to pick up my son in the city on Saturday morning, take my 9 year old to a Halloween 5K run at noon, go to my oldest sons confirmation dinner at 5 and make it to a Varsity football playoff game by 7. So when I say it more then I beleive it more. Somehow it will be done. And yes girls I will get more pictures. I promise, if I can think rationally by Monday....

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Edited by - celebrate2727 on Oct 27 2005 09:26:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  12:56:08 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Beautiful!!! A late congrats!

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  10:26:42 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Ok here's an update on the big move. Friday night we rented what I believe to be the smallest U-haul ever. We started loading that night and then went to bed around 10pm. The next day we loaded, unloeaded, loaded, unloaded... you get the idea. We had to pause to go to my 15 yr old sona confirmation dinner(yes.. I didn't have to cook!!!) then it was back to work. We finished at around 9:30 pm and went to settle into our new home... but... somehow the water didn't work. So out to the pump house we all went, looked down into a 15 foot drop where the well is located and deciced to wait til the morning.. everyone would have to find their own tree. Sunday rolled around , thankfully with an extra hour of sleep!, and we finished with all the little stuff. We are now blissfully in our farm home and loving it. I will post pics asap.

Go to Top of Page

prairiemaid
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Margret

Canada
200 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  06:22:09 AM  Show Profile
woohoo!! congratulations!

Call me old fashioned.
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  10:34:05 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Beth -- I'm new to the 'Connection, but when I happened on these photos, I just had to say congratulations! And a working dairy barn?!?!?!? WOW! All the best to you and the new abode - way to dream big and go get it...

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  11:09:45 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Well hello and greetings farmgirls! I am now completely moved in to the farm. Eventhough there are boxes everywhere, it feels like home. My family and in-laws love being here. It is so peaceful. Absolute bliss. I am busy getting everything outside prepared for winter. there is the well to board up and insulate, the gardens to cover with a heap of leaves and hay, and many toys to be stored. And I have found my camera and will get some new pictures taken this week. I am now planning where all my Christmas decor will go, and starting on some old projects I need to finish post haste, like the scarf I have been knitting for the last 6 weeks!

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  10:59:13 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Quick update- Today Minnesota is enjoying 40 mph wind gusts. The good news is I can't feel them inside the farm house. So I am very excited that there are no big drafts which is quite unusual for a house this old.

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2005 :  09:45:23 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
I have emptied out my dining room of 25 plus boxes, sorted and put it all away. So I can now see a light at the end of the tunnel. We have discovered the old outhouse behind the barn. I think it's still operational! Anyone have ideas on ridding the barn of pigeons, and we're talking MANY pidgeons!

Go to Top of Page

Kay in Kentucky
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

Kay
Dunnville Kentucky
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2005 :  05:33:36 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by celebrate2727

I have emptied out my dining room of 25 plus boxes, sorted and put it all away. So I can now see a light at the end of the tunnel. We have discovered the old outhouse behind the barn. I think it's still operational! Anyone have ideas on ridding the barn of pigeons, and we're talking MANY pidgeons!

If you find a way to get rid of the pigeons let me know too, I have them in my barn and they are dropping all over everything

Kay

My blog;
http://oakspringfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kay in Kentucky
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

Kay
Dunnville Kentucky
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2005 :  05:36:48 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kay in Kentucky

quote:
Originally posted by celebrate2727

Congrats... on your farm ain't it wonderful???
I just bought mine also and I am moving in little by little what fun and work also. What is it about farms that is so peaceful? It is like I have always lived here, could it be?
Kay
If you find a way to get rid of the pigeons let me know too, I have them in my barn and they are dropping all over everything

Kay

My blog;

My blog;
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2005 :  12:33:35 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

Kay Your blog is just fascinating to me. I will look forward to reading about your adventures.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

sweetpea
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Kelley
Oxnard California
USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2006 :  11:31:37 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations! How exciting for you!
Can't wait until we can have a farm of our own!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  07:30:58 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Kay- you look like someone who is very happy and you inspire me!!! Seems though you have been going through a lot with retiring, moving, unpacking and adjusting to the next step in your life, you seem to take it with a Happy grain of salt. Love your blog!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  11:15:53 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message

My first attempt at posting photos. My little superman and our lazy dog.

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

Edited by - celebrate2727 on Feb 27 2006 12:57:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  11:25:31 AM  Show Profile
Beth
So cute, the dog looks like he might have had a nip or two out of those little kegs they carry round their necks. HA
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  1:19:47 PM  Show Profile
What sweet photos - I'll bet Superman loves his new farm; what a darling little face! - and the dog, too!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  12:56:10 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message

What a sweet addition to my farm--- Frannie Treasures! If these little honeys aren't the cutest ! Many thanks miz frannie.

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

Edited by - celebrate2727 on Feb 27 2006 12:59:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  1:21:55 PM  Show Profile
CUTE bETH. I got my Frannie box today also, just loved everything. we are luckey!! they look real cute sitting in your window.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  7:46:16 PM  Show Profile
Beth, the place looks fantastic. Love the stained glass window and all the wood. Our barns here are totally different to yours. I love that barn, would make a neat house. :)
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  9:28:27 PM  Show Profile
Darling home, and darling cutie-pies. What a wonderful place to be!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic LQQKY! Beth's New Farm!!! *pics! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page