Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Help!! Is this peri-menopause???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Help!! Is this peri-menopause??? Next Topic  

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  7:25:15 PM  Show Profile
Okay, for the last four months or so every time I pms, I keep the 1-2 pounds of water weight instead of having it disappear. I haven't changed my diet or exercise routine at all, but I just keep gaining weight. Is this something that has happened to others? Also I'm tired all the time. So now I feel like I'm wearing a staypuf marshmallow man suit because I'm bloated all the time....Bleahh what next??

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  8:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Do you mind if I ask how old you are? I am going to be 34 and my same symptoms started about 2 years ago. The doc think I may be in peri-menopause (but honestly, what does a man know who would faint at the slightest cramp...ugh!!!). I am learning that the only way I feel good (not great, maybe sometimes) is to eat a REALLY REALLY REALLY clean diet, no caffeine, soda, junk food, processed food and lot lot lots of water. Walking is great, stretching, muscles resistance and getting lots of sleep. I even catnap 2-3 times a day if I need it. It is crazy!!! But it helps. I also take a B-12 vitamin and a multi vitamin. (I do this two-fold for we are thinking of having another baby in about 1-2 years, and I am trying to get as mentally, physically, emotionally healthy as possible.) You are not alone. (((HUGS)))

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  7:27:40 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the solidarity Heather - I am 38. I noticed a significant change in my body/metabolism when I turned 30 - I said something to my mom about it and she said "Oh Yeah, that happened to me too..." a little warning would have been nice. But this seems different. I tend not to go to the doctor too much, usually I know what's going on and I know what my doctor would say - he's great, last time I went we talked about fly-fishing and that I should probably do yoga. I try to eat well, not as good as I should but I spend my days surrounded by cake and cheese so I think I do pretty good for all that. The weird thing is I drink a lot of coffee, have for a long time, and when I try to cut back I feel worse - even after a few weeks. I know there are some health benefits to coffee, who knows
I wish our bodies came with little diagnostic screens - the thing of it is is that everyone has different genetics, so no two people have the same experience
Thanks for letting me vent a little
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  7:51:19 PM  Show Profile
I would go and have a check up. It never hurts to have new symptoms checked out. If you are perimenopausal then at least you,ll know what's going on. Hope you feel better.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  08:51:43 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I am 58 years old now and my menopause symptoms started at about 42. My Dr. told me I could start menaupause anytime after age 35 normally.

Yes, I agree about a simple checkup, it will ease your mind if nothing else. Our bodies hold estrogen in the stomach/pouch area and that could explain what you are thinking it is. It's better to check in with a Dr. Perhaps get a second opinion from a woman Dr.? Good luck and God bless.

Jesus was a feminist!
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  1:37:01 PM  Show Profile
You should ask them to check if your thyroid gland is working right, too, as it can make you feel sluggish and put on weight.

Lori

Farmgirl Sister #183
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  1:50:23 PM  Show Profile
Yep...sounds like some of my symptoms ..caused by stupid thyroid issues. Let us know what you find out!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  7:40:48 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the response ladies, I actually had my thyroid tested a couple of years ago and it is fine. I know that at least part of my problem is mental - my metabolism slows down when I am down/depressed/unmotivated in life, which in turn makes me depressed/down/unmotivated. Sounds weird but I have observed it in myself time and time again - that makes me sound like I am bipolar now that I think about it but I think I'm relatively well adjusted
I'll keep you posted
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  11:11:00 PM  Show Profile
I always wonder about perimenopause too..I am 49 and besides the obvious thyroid stuff I don't seem to have menopause like things going on yet, at least I don't think so. My sister, who is 18 months younger than me is IN menopause. I am not complaining..I can sure wait until my daughters are through puberty before I start THAT..but I always wonder.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Help!! Is this peri-menopause??? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page