Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Neil & Willie Tour with BioDiesel!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Neil & Willie Tour with BioDiesel!! Next Topic  

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  07:14:55 AM  Show Profile

I was still perusing Neil Young's website last night www.neilyoung.com
and came across his very minimal links page. On it was a link to
"Go Earth" www.goearth.org
ok, I was curious and went there.
I began reading through the articles listed there and discovered that Neil and his pal,Willie Nelson, have both converted their tour buses as well as their personal autos to biodiesel. If I remember correctly, MJ has also converted an older Mercedes to Biodeisel or "Farm Fuel" as it is also called.
If this really means that it's possible for us to lessen our dependency on Middle East oil and support farmers or recycle mass quantities of fast food oils all without pollution ...
well, then I am totally intrigued and inspired to learn more.
I am still in shock over my oil budget payment plan sent a few weeks ago and that includes using two supplemental wood stoves!!I am truly realizing that something has to change. I mean really change for all of us!!
Does anyone else know much about this?
The Go Earth website has an incredible links page for more information....and I am going there.

BlueEggBabe

www.feedsackfarmgirls.blogspot.com
"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  07:30:52 AM  Show Profile
Cool, BlueEggSue! I did see a piece on CBS Sunday Morning recently about Willie and biodiesel. Seems there was a very popular truck stop in Texas (name escapes me), but the owner had had 3 recent tragedies in his life and was going to close it down. Willie intervened with some new energy and direction and they are now producing and selling biodiesel fuel for long haul truck drivers there. The truck drivers are reporting that their rigs run much better on this fuel source and get better mileage. Here's a link to Willie's site that explains what they're doing for the cause:
http://www.wnbiodiesel.com/

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  07:52:41 AM  Show Profile
Cool, Clare!!
Thanks for the link.
I forgot to mention earlier that they were anticipating running
Farm Aid 100% on biofuel this year but haven't looked at at the site recently to see if they accomplished that goal.
Hmmm, is Farm Fuel for Farm Fair so far flung???
I will stop trying to be a poet now,
I think I sprained that muscle a few nights ago.

"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  3:27:51 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!!

I did not see the TV program, but the truck stop must be Carl's Corners where Willie got his start. I know that he bought out the previous owner and recently opened a club there. It is between Dallas and Waco on I35. I am not far from there---about 90 minutes and I am eagerly looking forward to getting down there for some shows.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  3:43:00 PM  Show Profile
I found the link to the show, and it is Carl's, but they both sound like they're active in the venture.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/10/02/sunday/main897583.shtml?CMP=ILC-SearchStories

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  02:16:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Fabulous Farmer fuel fosters Farm Fair fodder? Far flung Femme foolery finally finished (not diminished).

Edited by - Fabulous Farm Femmes on Oct 15 2005 02:19:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  02:51:27 AM  Show Profile

cute, Diane

BEB

J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  03:11:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Thanks, Sue. Are you an early riser or fellow night owl?I am guessing early riser out collecting your eggs of blue..omelet for two.. another alliteration consideration.
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  03:40:39 AM  Show Profile
east coast riser,
west coast owl,
I'm packing for Market
too late for eggs now!
toast and tea, is it for me
DH left for work at a quarter to three!
so off I go to pack my truck,
supposed to be sunny, so wish me good luck!
goodnight Diane, or is it good day?
talk to you later, when I come back to play!

BlueEggBabe

J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

Bess
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Bess
Eureka CA
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  06:06:30 AM  Show Profile
Mary Jane's new book has a neat little article about how they grow mustard and refine the seed oil into "farm fuel". I think its an awesome idea! DH has bought biodiesel in our area but stopped for fear of the fuel gel-ing at low temps during winter, which can wreck the engine. Apparently an additive has been developed that prevents this from happening now. There is a local fellow who converts the fast food restaurant oils into fuel and he has WAY more demand than supply! In our area biodiesel is still more expensive than regular diesel. The guy who helped Mary Jane come up with her biodiesel, Mike Forbes, is showing off their system at Pay Dirt Farm School!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Neil & Willie Tour with BioDiesel!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page