True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Celeste
Blair NE
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  07:30:04 AM  Show Profile
Sarah,
I LOVE your fairy encounter and appreciate you sharing your story. There are so many experiences like this in the world, but we just dismiss them thinking, 'Surely not." I think the fact that you see auras is a sign that you're a bit sensitive--something I'm kind of jealous of! Most living creatures in this world are given a second sight called instinct that we just take for granted, and yet animal instincts work as if by magic. Humans have that same instinct, but we've mechanized and desensitized ourselves away from those instincts to the point that we're surprised when they still occur. It's interesting how often we have these supernatural experiences with and about people we love and care about. What a powerful thing love is. Ghosts or fairies, I'm thrilled that there is still so much magic in this world.

Celeste

"No matter where you go, there you are"
--Confucious

www.urbanprairiehome.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  07:45:57 AM  Show Profile
I've never seen a ghost that I can remember but when I was four years old my Grandpa died and a few days after his funeral my mom says that I woke up in the morning and told her that Grandpa had come to visit me in the night and was patting my head (he used to always pat my head). I said it like it was the most normal thing in the world to say and she could tell I wasn't lying.
Now for me I have the strangest dreams and they often seem to come true. One time I had a dream that my husband was being chased by a big bear and then I found him dead in the woods with his head gone (I know, gross!). A few days later he comes home from work and says that he wants to go hunting with "Beefy", who was a guy from his work that is as big as a bear. All of a sudden I got a horrible feeling that if he went something bad would happen to him, such as he would accidently get shot. To this day I feel that if he had gone he wouldn't be here with us.
Another dream I had was someone saying "I wouldn't mind dying, on August 26th". I had no idea what that meant. Then a few weeks later my Godparents got in a horrible car accident and my Godmother died instantly. My Godfather was in a coma and he was the one person who had always said that he never wanted to live if his wife died. I knew he was going to die then, and several weeks later he did pass away - and his funeral was August 26th.
I had a dream about one of my cousins who I hadn't seen in years. He was driving a motorcycle and was so happy. I told my mom about it when I woke up and the next day we heard that he had a brain tumor. It was a long battle and the doctors even gave up hope once. I kept saying that he was going to be fine, everything would be okay because in my dream he was happy and okay. After a year or two it was gone and he is okay now.
There are a lot of examples like that. My dreams never make complete sense but there is often a meaning there. Even stupid things like I had a dream about the movie "Beethoven" (the St. Bernard dog movie) when I was 14. I walk down the steps after waking up and my siblings are watching that exact movie, which we didn't own but they had just checked out at the library. Strange.
Or a few years back I was taking a nap and had a strange dream about my Mother-in-law and how her boyfriend was chasing her and yelling at her. I woke up shacking because it was so real. The next night she calls us to tell us that her boyfriend is in jail because he got in a physical fight with her and her 28 year old daughter, and it had happened the day before in the afternoon - right when I was taking my nap!!
So I believe that strange things can happen. I am a Christian and believe that dreams can be a blessing or curse, really. I also believe that spirits can walk the earth, especially if they need some time to repent in order to get to heaven or are very unhappy souls with nowhere to go yet.
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  10:14:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
I definitely believe in spirits and ghosts. We have a few in our home, but hubby and I know who they are (his great-grandmother and his grandfather). My daughter, Samantha has seen Charlie's grandfather and has had an experience with his great-grandmother and a bottle of nail polish..lol

When I became pregnant with my 4th child, Noah, Charlie woke up in the middle of the night only to see his great-grandmother sitting beside me on the bed rubbing my belly. The next day he told me that I was pregnant! I didn't believe him and then he went and got me a pregnancy test and he was right! She visits him from time to time and has also been seen visiting his other family who lives a few doors away.

I have personally never seen anyone, but I have heard things, felt their presence and sometimes someone calls my name at night while I'm in bed, but Charlie doesn't hear it. So yup, I believe!

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Do you believe in ghosts???? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page