Page: of 2

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  08:47:32 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Spirits, other world, the here after...whatever and however you want to lable it. I must admit, strange things have happened to me and I have had people come into my life in very weird ways. Example...I'll spare the long story but the short story is I met someone who was a friend of a friend. We started talking and found out that we are actually related from way back in our family histories. Also, everything is my life has worked out in some whacky way that happened in what seems to be a certain succession of events. I have also seen or heard things that are just hard to explain. No matter what, at the end of the day, I find it interesting. How about you???

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  09:05:25 AM  Show Profile
I do believe in ghosts, I do, I do. Jury is still out on fairies but there is always hope.

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
http://nostalgichomemaking.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  09:13:26 AM  Show Profile
Do I believe in spirits or ghosts? Nope, not at all. But we had one here when we first bought this place! The original owner had died here and it was him. He would turn on faucets and open doors. One night I jokingly, out loud, told him to close the door and the door closed...I swear! On another occasion we cut down a dangerous, rusty old flagpole that he used to raise the flag on every day. There was an eerie coldness when we did that, so much so that my s-i-l would not go outside for the rest of the evening! Used to freak him right out..haha!
The other instance was last summer and I posted it here. A stunningly beautiful elderly lady walked down my driveway one morning (we're pretty much in the middle of nowhere) and to make a long story short, she said she was hungry. I fed her a hearty farm breakfast which she devoured, then she left walking down our driveway. That one kind of threw me as it left me feeling that I couldn't wrap my head around what had just happened. The really odd thing was another farmgirl in Washington state which is just across the strait from us, figures she had the same sort of experience with the same lady!

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  09:19:58 AM  Show Profile
I do believe in supernatural, ghost-like spirits. I don't believe ghosts are the deceased... and so I'd be plumb freaked out if I had an encounter with one.

Fairies would be so awesome, though! I always liked to think they might be real...

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

laluna
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

New York
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  09:26:27 AM  Show Profile
Oh definitely! My grandfather, who passed away 10 years ago, has visited me in my dreams a handful of times since his death. And it wasn't that I was dreaming *about* him, rather, he always shows up to either comfort me (I could even feel his smooth-shaven cheek) or tell me something important, and then he's gone.

"I believe in God, only I spell it Nature." -- Frank Lloyd Wright
Go to Top of Page

Patsy
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Illinois
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  09:53:30 AM  Show Profile
I have seen some relative that have passed and even my cousin's dog! I used to take care of Duchess when they were on vacation and she comes to visit with me ever so often even though she crossed a couple of years ago. Sounds strange I know but others have seen her too.

As far as fairies are concerned, being of Irish decent (both grandfathers) I suppose I believe in them too. Even though I have never seen one. It is like the old saying..."Have you ever seen a million dollars? No? Well it doesn't mean it doesn't exist."

Diane,

I believe the lady you fed may have been an angel sent by God. Bless you for sharing your food with her.

May God bless those who love the soil,

Patsy

Edited by - Patsy on Jul 08 2008 09:54:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  10:00:46 AM  Show Profile
I ABSOLUTELY believe in ghosts. I've had too many experiences, from the time I was very young, to not believe in them. In 2005, a few weeks before our wedding, I saw my father-in-law standing by the bed. (He died in 1980 - I was 2 and we had obviously never met!) I described him in detail to my husband and he freaked out because what I described him wearing was the uniform that he wore to work. We then called my MIL who said that she had seen him once in the backyard, walking towards the now-defunct pig pen to slop the hogs and he was wearing the same thing I saw him in. I had only seen one tiny picture of him beforehand but I wasn't scared. I woke up, saw a middle-aged African-American man standing by our bed (he had a green aura around him) and thought, "Oh, that's Louis." And then I fell back to sleep!

I seem to "sense" things at times, too...

FARMGIRL SISTER #127
my business http://www.backwoodsjunction.com
The Catholic Wife: http://www.thecatholicwife.com

Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  10:15:16 AM  Show Profile
Absolutely. I am so into the metaphysical and paranormal side of our world. I always look at things with an open mind and an open heart. I read tons of books on the subject, heck, I have tons of books on the subject. I do tarot cards, different boards, that kind of thing. I love Doreen Virtue and Sylvia Browne. I've tried scrying, crystals...now I am sounding a bit weird, lol. Seriously, I do believe that there are so many subjects out there that we have barely scratched the surface on.

Farmgirl #170

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  10:24:25 AM  Show Profile
I didn't believe in ghosts. I'm still skeptical, but I saw one just after my mother moved into her house. I thought it was a realtor coming up the stairs behind me, then in a blink he wasn't there. I was calm, it wasn't scary. I described him, and when we found a picture of the man who lived there before, it was him, right down to the clothes he was wearing. I don't go around telling that to many people (oops) because I don't want folks to think I'm nuts or making it up. Since then I haven't been afraid "in case", and I haven't ruled them out anymore either. I found it interesting.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

italianchildhood
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

172 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  10:33:24 AM  Show Profile
I don't believe in ghosts exactly, but I always have odd coincidences happen, things happening for a reason, working themselves out, strange stuff......... Which I kind of like...

----------------------
http://YouCraft.org ... free crafts classifieds listings

And my latest amusement: http://foundmuseum.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  10:33:44 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Well my friend I mentioned that I happen to be related to is a clairvoyant or whatever you want to call her. She was doing a reading for my friend and I went because I thought it would be fun. She doesn't charge- she is a writer and artist to pay the bills. She didn't give me a reading that day, just hung out and chatted. She was talking about how she was doing her families lineage and mentioned her families last name..which was my Nanna maiden name. Then we realized we had done the same research in the same places on the same people in our family. She did eventually give me a reading and I told her I was open to trying it. She held my right hand and a piece of my Nanna's jewelry (which she didn't know who it belonged too or the story behind it)She told me so really spot on things about my life and the person who owned the necklace. It was cool and a little freaky. I find it fascinating.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  10:36:57 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I guess I do. I've never really had an encounter with a ghost or spirit. When I was pregnant with my 1st child, my mom told me she heard grandma's voice. Grandma, mom's mom, has been gone now 21 years. Mom was standing in the kitchen when she heard Grandma's voice say, "Oh Jonelle, she's so beautiful." I had refused to let the ultrasound tech tell me what I was having. I wanted it to be a surprise. My mom and I were so convinced I was going to have a boy, she didn't bother to tell me what grandma said until after Caitie was born. When Cat was born she had the darkest red hair, just like my grandma's.

Melanie

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart." Helen Keller
http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
My shop is finally up and running.. http://www.brokenin.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  10:51:52 AM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
I believe in the fact that anything is possible!

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  11:01:13 AM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
I totally do. I haven't seen one yet, but I have FELT the presence of some being when I was at the Farnsworth (I think it's a hotel) in Gettysburg, PA. I was standing in front of a guestroom, and all of a sudden I felt extremely frightened. The hair stood up on the back of my neck and whatever was there definitely did NOT want me there with it. I turned and RAN, and I mean flew, down the stairs, I was so afraid. I've never felt that kind of fear before, not to that extent. My aunt, on the other hand, can and has seen spirits. She is afraid to tell other people because she's afraid they will think she is nutty or something. But the way she describes the spirits and all, well I believe her and so does my cousin, her daughter, who has seen a few of the same spirits that her mom has seen. Spooky.......

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Member, Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  11:07:38 AM  Show Profile
I didn't believe until one early morning wake up.............
In 89 we bought a 100yr old house on some land my family owned. An elderly couple had lived in it for many many years until the man,Mr. Jake died, in the house. His first wife died in the house way back in the 20's and he was left with a daughter and soon remarried Miss Lizzy. After his death she moved and the house was rented our for years,remodeled,and we bought it. Stories circulated about strange happenings in the house. Our children told us of strange things,doors opening,footsteps,we brushed it off. Children off to college. Until.... My husband was home, middle of night,I was out of town,he heard a woman laughing behind our headboard! Several months later,I'm home alone, middle of night. My bed started shaking and it woke me up.I mean it was bouncing! I could not move,paralyzed. I was wide awake and I could not move. It felt like someone was blowing back and forth across my face. Finally I broke loose and started screaming and jumped out of bed. I told the ghost to leave me alone and get out of my house. I was hysterical. Turned on every light in house and opened every Bible and surrounded myself with them and prayed. Morning came, thank God. I called my sister and she told me what to do to rid the house of the spirit. Did it and no more problems. Yeah, I believe. Tracy

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com

Edited by - mommatracy on Jul 08 2008 11:10:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  12:16:56 PM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Wow Tracy, OMG I would have jumped out of that shaking bed and ran out the door. You were brave to stay there. What did your sister suggest for you to do to get rid of it??? I would have totally freaked.....

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Go to Top of Page

sweetproserpina
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

meg
Vinemount Ontario
Canada
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  12:36:35 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Great stories so far ladies.

I'm a real rational girl, but I've worked and spent so much time around old houses and places that you just have to believe "that there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio". At every place I've worked at there have always been staff/visitor stories. One story you can explain away, but when different people with no connection see similar things, it makes it really hard to discount.
I, myself, have not seen any apparitions, but I have heard things (and bravely questioned back!) and have felt decidedly uncomfortable in certain areas at different sites.
I even organized a Ghost Walk last year around my site and village that was wildly successful!

Something I'm become more interested in recently is Past Lives. I would love to be regressed one day to see what I could see. Did anyone see the Oprah episode earlier this year with Dr.Weiss? Fascinating stuff.

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  1:33:17 PM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
YES I saw that Oprah episode. It was soooo interesting! It was so fascinating to watch that guy regress. I can't remember what he was talking about though, I remember he was afraid. I saw a movie one time and it was a book too, called "Audrey Rose" and she was regressed like that. It was really good.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Go to Top of Page

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  2:05:49 PM  Show Profile
There are definitely spirits out there. We lived in an old house years ago and my girls would tell me that my son kept going in their room during the night and pulling off their covers. I knew it was the spirit of the old man who had owned the house because I would hear him come down the stairs and he would pass my bed each night go into the bathroom and flush the toilet and open and close the door to the cellar. My husband thought I was nuts until one night he was all alone in the house. Our mischievous old man was upstairs in the girls room opening and closing the dresser drawers and the the closet doors. He stomped up and down the stairs. Needless to say by the time I got home he was a total wreck. First words out of his mouth was don't ever leave me alone in the house at night! I said "Oh he won't hurt you,he just wanted you to know I wasn't nuts".

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  2:59:59 PM  Show Profile
I don't know. My mom and dad live in a very old house with an interesting past.(they run a B&B) They were told by the previous owners that there is a ghost but they don't believe in it. They have never had an experience. However there is one room in particular that many people mention "strange things" happening - even without the knowledge of the supposed ghost. When I stayed in that room the lights came on in the room about 2 am one night. Another night the Alarm clock that had not gone off any of the previous nights started going off in the middle of the night. The ghosts name is "Bessie" I talked to her and said I wasn't afraid and she never bothered me again. I would like to believe but I'm not sure.

My husband watches ghost hunters and swears it is real but it just feels fake and scripted to me. He always says "that was a good show" and I always say "yeah thoer acting was better this week".

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

TabithaLenox
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Kim
Gettysburg PA
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  04:31:21 AM  Show Profile
I believe in ghosts, angels, fairies and all sorts of otherwordly things. I've had lots of personal experiences that I can't ignore. I'm also into most anything metaphysical/paranormal but I'm not sure how I feel about past lives....and although I believe in the possibility of aliens from outer space, I won't say I absolutely believe they exist until I see one standing in my front yard! LOL

Kim

Farmgirl #184

http://www.tabithalenox.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  05:10:09 AM  Show Profile
I'm still not sure, but it seems that we have one in our house. Our house was built in 1867, the kitchen was the original house and every other room had been added on withing a few years after that but, other than that, I have not done any research on it. One night, a few years ago, dh got up during the night and said that he saw a man's hand petting Pal (Felicia's dog) in the kitchen and that Pal was just sitting there facing where the hand was coming from. When he was telling me about it in the morning, Felicia said that she had seen the same thing when she had gotten up that night and in her sleepy daze just assumed it was her dad. I said well, if Pal likes him, then he must be ok and brushed it off. We had to put Pal down last year so it's just Cody (young border collie) and Girl (our old, old pit bull) now. This next part has happened several times over this past winter:

Cody started barking into the kitchen while we were all watching a movie one night. He was really excited and seemed scared. I got up to see what he was barking about and could see nothing. I thought maybe he saw the neighbor through the kitchen window or something, but no one was outside. DH and I both went into the kitchen to show him it was ok, because he just wouldn't stop barking. At first he wouldn't even come into the kitchen and continued barking. Finally, he cautiously came into the kitchen, still barking. Suddenly, he stopped barking and started looking up at the ceiling and went all over the kitchen and into the living room and back into the kitchen, looking at the ceiling the whole time, like he was looking for something. This happened a couple more times. Then a couple other times, Cody would head out to the kitchen with me (he leads the way everywhere I go) and he would suddenly stop at the doorway and wait for me and then just sort of cling to my leg while I was in the kitchen.

DH want to tear the kitchen down and build new someday because the house was built without a foundation and just sits on very large timbers on the ground and they are rotting. I told dh that if we have a spirit in the house, it appears that he is very attached to the kitchen and I didn't think we should do something as drastic as tearing it down and that we should just make the necessary repairs no matter how difficult. He finally agreed on that. I still have not seen this spirit, but then, I really don't want to. He doesn't appear to be a bother and I'd just as soon leave him be.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  10:20:29 AM  Show Profile
Totally believe. There have been so many times spirits have come to members of my family. DH's dad would come by every now and again, didn't "see" him, but DH could sense him and "smell" him.

My daughter has had spirits visit her on several occasions. I got mad one day and told them to leave and not come back until she was older because she was too little and they were scaring her. They haven't been back as far as I know to this point.

When I was a little girl, my great grandmother was sitting the rocking chair talking to me, I went into the other room and told my mom the lady wanted to talk to her, when we went back into the room, GGma was still sittin' there rocking the chair. Mom couldn't see her, but I described her to a tee (had never met her) and mom says it was obvious the chair was being rocked even though she couldn't see her.

Several friends who have had visitors and my m-i-l had (he may still be there) a spirit man in her house for ages who would walk up and down the hallway.

My personal belief on "past lives" is that people are connecting with relatives and seeing through that person's eyes. I don't believe in past lives. I believe we get one shot at this earth.

I would love to see a fairy though. =)

Farmgirl #208

What are you doing with your dash?
Go to Top of Page

CarharttQueen
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Miriam
Soldier's Meadow Idaho
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  1:56:41 PM  Show Profile
Well, I have never believed in ghosts. However, my husband, who is a nurse and works in Long Term Care facilities, (and who would tend NOT to believe in ghosts either) is now convinced that they do exist! He's never had an encounter, but just about all nurses in that line of work have a ghost story of some kind. For example, in one hall of elderly people, about a week before someone passes away, several of the residents complain of "children" being noisy in the halls, or "the boys" bothering them. These are residents that are totally "with it" mentally. Apparently, years before, that hall housed mentally disabled children, so perhaps their ghosts really haunt the halls! One nurse heard noises in the basement of the facility one night, and when she went down to investigate saw several boys messing around in the storage rooms. She called the police, but when they came, they found no sign of intruders. Anyway, I find it very interesting that normally non-ghost-believing people DO believe in them once they're in the nursing profession.
Go to Top of Page

clux64
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Celeste
Blair NE
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  2:28:44 PM  Show Profile
I've never had an encounter, but I sure do believe. They say sometimes there is 'energy' from previous periods left places and don't constitute true hauntings--just like a film being rewound and replayed. Certain people, I believe, are more sensitve to this energy and energies of persons from the world which is why some people have had experiences and some haven't and some experiences are different from other experiences. Some of my family members have had things happen that just can't be explained as anything normal and that I would consider supernatural--not scary, just odd. I always tell my daughter that there is more 'magic' in this world than most of us are aware of or acknowledge. We were discussing the possibility of fairies at the time, but I think it applies here as well .

Celeste

"No matter where you go, there you are"

--Confucious
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  10:06:48 PM  Show Profile
I suppose you are all going to think Ive lost my marbles but I saw a fairy when I was eleven years old. It didnt look exactly like a person. It had green skin, and long transparent wings, three on each side. It had short hair on its head and didnt wear any clothes. It also had pure black eyes which were somewhat insect like but on the front of its face. It was larger than a dragonfly which is what I thought it was at first. It flew past me about 6 feet away in a wooded area, slowed down, and then sped up and flew away very quickly. Ive always hoped to see one again, but never have. Obviously I dont tell people this very often. They would think I had gone around the twist... But I am sure this is why I draw and paint fairies. I dont draw them like the one I saw though... I just cant do it. I dont believe in evil spirits or anything like that. I do believe much like Celeste that there are echoes of past people, or occurences that can leave an impression on a place and that some people are more sensitive to this. I have never had an experience like that though. I also see auras on some people. I am not schooled in what it means and I cant read them on everyone or anything like that but I do see them, especially on people I care about like friends and family.

Not all those who wander are lost...
www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Do you believe in ghosts???? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page