Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 My Mom Again and Worse News
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My Mom Again and Worse News Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  08:28:42 AM  Show Profile
Here's another upsdate on Mom. She's still in the hospital and has had a hard couple of days. Her poor arms are purple from all the blood tests and IV's they've had to redo. My mom is a very positive person and that's why I think she's fights on with everything that is wrong with her. But with so many things going on at once I think it's even starting to bring her down. She's retained a lot of fluid from the congestive heart failure. On Saturday there was a pocket of fluid that developed on her leg about the size of a hand. It broke open yesterday and gave some relief, but now they are worried about more infections. They stopped giving her lasix for a bit because it was causing some severe problems with her kidneys. They've started her on the med for the Leukemia (Gleevec) and it made her sick to her stomach. She's not been hardly eating as it is, and now she doesn't feel like eating at all. They have prescribed something to settle her stomach though, so maybe that will help. Her breathing is still not good. Her oxygen levels have been hanging around 89 or so and that's with her oxygen level on 5. She wears a bipap still most of the time and will have to have it everytime she sleeps from now on. Sorry for rambling here, I think it's because I'm so drained. I hope I'm making sense. She just called me and they are trying to get her to walk a bit. They told her when she leaves the hospital she will have to go to a place to rehab and have therapy. There's a song about that where the singer says No, No, No. That's pretty much my mom's opinion, but she'll have to go to work on her mobility.

I'm going to the emergency room in a bit, I'm having complications due to my diabetes. I've had this or something similiar a few times before and once had to be hosptialized for it to get IV antibiotics. Hopefully they can just do a small procedure and send me on my way. I don't need to get down now, I have to be able to take care of Mom. Mom said if they put me in I can share her room with her. Well there is an empty bed. I've been using it on the nights I've stayed with her.

I cannot thank you all enough for the thoughts and prayers and just showing that you all care. I appreciate it more than you know. Sending out hugs to all.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  08:34:25 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for taking time out to update, Lainey...I can just read how tired you are, and now if you're not feeling well, I'm REALLY concerned. You've run yourself down, and that's to be expected while caring for mom.

Sounds like she's just having a terrible time of it, and the fluid forming scares me, but she's in good hands at the hospital. AND YES, she's going to have to go to rehab. It's vital and she'll feel sooo much better, Lainey.

Now, I'm concerned about you. I'm thinking of you both...

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  09:29:01 AM  Show Profile
Dear Elaine, My thoughts and prayers have been with you and your Mom and will continue to be. I pray that God will hold you and your Mom in the palm of His hands and you both will feel His healing comfort. I truly believe that He is there with you both.
Peace be with you and your Mom.
Linda

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  11:20:38 AM  Show Profile
Lainey,I am praying for you both a full recovery and strength for you so you can continue to be with you dear mom. Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  07:54:42 AM  Show Profile
The latest news is that hopefully today Mom will get out of the hospital but she has to go somewhere to rehab for awhile. They are working the details out on when and where.

I went to the emergency room last night and had that procedure I was telling you about. It was quite painful and still is. I had a large diabetic boil lanced and it's not in a good place. Let's just say it hurts to sit, lie down, or stand. But they gave me some antibiotics so hopefully it will heal soon. Thanks again for the prayers and thoughts!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

NadKnitBlog
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Nadine
Nalbach Saarland
Germany
72 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  11:41:42 AM  Show Profile  Send NadKnitBlog an AOL message
Dear Lainey, you're in my thoughts and prayers- lots of hugs and I hope your mum will feel better with rehab....... take care you two!

Nadine is Farmgirl Sister #262 (the only one in Europe so far!) and she blogs at http://nadsknittingblog.blogspot.com/ and knits on Ravelry as Nadknitblog and on Plurk she is NadKnitBlog too!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  2:25:53 PM  Show Profile
Elaine:
My prayers are with you, your mother, and your family.
God Bless.
Marly/Bear5
Go to Top of Page

Daisydu
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Becky
Rock Hill South Carolina
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  11:22:16 AM  Show Profile
Lainey,
You, your mother and father are in my prayers!
Take care of yourself, let the hospital take care of your mother. You need to keep yourself healthy!

Loving a simple life in the country!
www.twistedfencepost.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My Mom Again and Worse News Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page