Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Child's First Sewing Machine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Child's First Sewing Machine Next Topic  

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2004 :  1:45:36 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone have some feedback and ideas on what my 11 yr. old daughter could learn to sew on? She is very petite ( small hands) but has excellent fine motor skills. She wants to sew doll clothes. I have a 30 yr. old Portable Singer, and my mother's 1955 Pfaff Cabinet but they are not working for her. Thanks!

n/a
deleted

57 Posts

Judith
Rockford IA
57 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2004 :  2:23:02 PM  Show Profile
My husband's mother taught him (and his sisters) to sew when he was nine on her treadle. He still can do it if he wants to. My son learned in highshcool. We have always done a lot of handsewing for doll clothes. I liked learning on the treadle, as it seemed controlable, and comfortable (because it was mom's). I know their are more modern machines now, but I don't seem to zip along as fast as they do. Yeah for your daughter. I am about the size of a small 12 yr. old. So, if she is assertive, great. Oh, I really liked having a machine where the bed comes off, and sleeves fit on. That was great for doll and baby clothes.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Child's First Sewing Machine Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page