Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  08:26:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Today I already cleaned up the kitchen, next is the dining room. I am slowly getting things organized and cleaned up.

I would like to get done today:

Bathroom
Dining Room
Living room
Laundry

and then we'll see what else I have up my sleeve! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

homemakerkate
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

Kate
Ewen Michigan
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  08:27:01 AM  Show Profile
I have two lists in a constant state of flux. There is the everday chore list and the Please God can we get this fixed list. On the Please God list there is the window on the garage that have been broken for 10 years. The bathroom, lets just say the whole bathroom, the roof, the fencing for the dogs, the wood pile (eeewww more wood, again big sigh), the trim in the house, you know all the stuff that takes more money and time then I have right now. The rest is all maintainence, dishes, laundry, canning, scrubbing floors, walls, and weeding. ect....
Go to Top of Page

luvnlife
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Michele
Quincy WA
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  6:35:28 PM  Show Profile
I've actually attended workshops on how to keep the house clean without being overwhelmed. What it basically boils down to is what fits your schedule and your routine preference. I've made index cards with daily chores spread out over the week, the month and then seasonal cleanings. I'm not this organized and yet it did help me fine tune my own routine. One thing that was consistent with everything I've read/heard, and that is picking up the clutter daily is important. It'll help keep the place looking neat even when it hasn't been scrubbed in awhile.
I personally try to do most of my housecleaning in one morning. And then I'll spot clean throughout the week as needed. I have two teenagers, an inside dog and cat plus a husband that adores piling things everywhere to keep up with. So nothing is fool proof or 100% company ready. I've just come to the realization that if the neighbor stops in and it's messy, then maybe they won't worry so much about me dropping in unannounced for a visit and catching them with a messy house. I've come a long way from someone who used to dust the family pictures on the wall and then take a level to them afterwards so they hung perfectly.

Family life is the source of the greatest human happiness. This happiness is the simplest and least costly kind, and it cannot be purchased with money~Havighurst
Farmgirl Sister #306 :)
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  7:55:04 PM  Show Profile
Well tomorrow:

Get up early to:
start laundry,
put dishes away,
make organic blueberry honey oatmeal for Zach,
sweep the first floor,
take zach to the sitter,
head off to work..*sigh*

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2008 :  06:09:03 AM  Show Profile
Alright, mybe I'll get that list done tomorrow....I OVER SLEPT TODAY!!!

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic What's your chore list like? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page