Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Anyone lost a LARGE amount of weight...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Anyone lost a LARGE amount of weight... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  5:35:17 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
like over 80lbs without surgery and without starving yourself or a crazy diet?? I am struggling and I need some major help here.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  6:46:29 PM  Show Profile
I'm with ya . I;ve tried everything and cant seem to do anything but gain. So let me know if you find something that help. Good luck on your goal! Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  6:58:05 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
You too Karen. I am serious about this. I hate just being FAT. I feel so unhealthy and I went to the doc and got the standard "try this book, diet, exercise more. etc..." I know those are some of the keys but I feel like something is missing.

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  7:51:27 PM  Show Profile
I am there with ya too Heather...I hope someone has a wonderful idea. I know I eat a healthy diet, but can't get rid of this extra weight

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  7:54:11 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Seriously, what happens after the age of 30??? I swear this is a conspiracy...

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

City_Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Christina
Omaha Nebraska
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  8:17:29 PM  Show Profile
I am no expert by any means but I have lost 55 pounds so far and gone from a size 22/24 to a size 14! If you want my tips let me know. I am happy to share. I still have at least 20 to go.

Christina
Farmgirl Sister #195
Although no one can go back and make a brand new start; anyone can start from now
and make a brand new end.
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  8:47:08 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I haddropped quite a bit of weight about 3 years ago. I lost about 75 pounds. I'm really not sure what it was that did it, but this is what I tell everyone. I left my now ex-husband, who was let's say at the least a jerk and I picked up smoking and quit snacking as much as I had in the past. I don't recommend this "diet of sorts" to anyone.
It took me awhile to put the smokes down. My last cigerette was Feb. 29 this year. Yes I'm patting myself on the back. Buuutttt I have put 20 pounds back on since I quit. I was down to an 18 in jeans. I hadn't been that size since before the kids were born. Now I'm back up to a 22 and I'm totally disgusted with myself.
Does anyone have a secret for leaving alone the sugary junk?That is my biggest weakness.

Melanie

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart." Helen Keller
http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  8:51:14 PM  Show Profile
im working on it. I've started running on the treadmill and that is really working for me. I was literally the skinniest girl in my high school. I had rock hard abs that everyone was jelous of. I was a runner and played varsity soccer. I gained 30 pounds my freshman year of college and the slowly gained the other 50 pounds over the last 10 years. I have tried every diet, have been to curves, did weightlifting with my hubby and nothing worked. This summer I went to the gym with my hubby one day and decided to try the tread mill. I LOVE it!!!! I went 3 times last week and 3 times this week. Today I jogged 1.15 miles and fast walked an additional 1.1 miles in about 35 minutes. My goal next week is to be jogging 1.5 or more and fast walking an additional 1.5 to get my daily total up to 3 miles. I have only lost three pounds according to the scale but I can really feel and see a difference in my stomach already. It really is a total body workout. On wweek 4 I plan to add some small weights to my hands to help work my arms a little more.

As far as food goes I drink a carnation instant breakfast in the morning and either eat a banana or have some yogurt and fruit. I try to make lunch my "big" meal of the day and for dinner we have been eating a lot of salad, salsa and fruit. So far so good.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  9:09:34 PM  Show Profile
I haven't lost 75 or 80 lbs, but I did lose 30 lbs on Weight Watchers. I went from a size 12 to a size 3/4 and have kept the weight off for over 2 years now.

My daughter has lost 40 lbs by following foods from the book The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth: The Surprising, Unbiased Truth About What You Should Eat and Why by Jonny Bowden. She's now 1/2 way to her goal weight :)

Diana
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  10:13:31 PM  Show Profile
Heather,
Drink lots of water.
I had to change my diet last year due to the diabetes/high blood pressure/high cholesterol diagnosis. Thirty pounds just about fell off within a month. (but part of that was the meds they put me on, it made me really queasy and not very hungry)
Watch your carbs and or portions. 2-4 servings of carbs per meal. (an example of a carb serving is one slice of bread, or 3/4 cup of dry unsweetened cereal, etc.)
Eat lots of veggies. No refined grains-white rice, bread and pastas. I already ate whole grains, so that wasn't a huge change for me.
Watch portions-did I mention that? (that is where I have problems-I love pasta!!! And Milk!!!! And bread!!! and lots of them) Most of our portions are way out of whack.
Actually my "dietary" guidelines are pretty much what most people should be doing before it is too late and they are diagnosed with the big "D" and hugely obese.
Get out and walk for at least 20 minutes per day. Park further out, take the stairs etc.-every little bit helps.
Oh and not to beat a dead horse, drink lots of water.

Hop on the net and google diabetic diets/carb counting etc. Check out some books in the library too. It is simple to follow, once you get the hang of it. If I can "get it" anyone can.
It seems very similar to weight watchers, according to my friend at work who is diabetic and on WW.
Use common sense. If it says to only eat spinach for a month, obviously it is a joke/fad.

I feel a lot better when I am strict about my diet. I feel really lousy and worn down when I am not. I have sort of fallen off the horse lately (ice cream is a down fall lately) so I have to get back on it and keep going.

And finally, you didn't gain all of this weight overnight, it won't come off that fast either.

email me if you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland

Edited by - kissmekate on Jul 06 2008 9:30:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2008 :  8:10:29 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
I lost about 50 lbs over a year, and did alot of what 'kissmekate' did actually! I still have honestly (maybe) 20 more pounds to go!
Drink lots of water, eat fruits and veggies, take sugar and alot of carbs out.. (but I also brought my sodium intake down as I can hold alot of water) and walk as much as you can. :)
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2008 :  8:13:05 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Oh! Btw, I took red meat out of my diet as well! And nothing but organic milk - no hormones.. my tummy got flatter!!

http://www.myspace.com/brookealyson
(blog to come soon enough ..lol)
Go to Top of Page

Pammy
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Michigan
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  2:04:46 PM  Show Profile
When I was able to lose weight I did it with the Prism program. You cut out sugar and all wheat flour (for 6 weeks). It is a Christian program. that has 4 6 week phases. Look to see if there is a group in your area. kissmekate has lots of good suggestions. And I must say again, don't expect it to happen over night. This program also promotes eating things in the fresh natural state and not eating prepared foods. The first 3 or 4 days on the program are hard. There is a book aboutit written by Karen KIngsbury. Good luck. Pam
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Anyone lost a LARGE amount of weight... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page