Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic I have a KITCHEN!!! Next Topic  

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  11:58:45 AM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
For the first time in seven months, I have a KITCHEN! YAY!!!
I don't have a countertop or kitchen sink yet, but I do have a pantry and a STOVE and a full-size fridge. I told DH, just get me an oven and my table and I can cook.

I am so sick of microwave food, I cannot begin to tell you. I wouldn't even let him bring the microwave into the place, I can reheat real food on a real stove, thank you much!

So after much scrubbing of our free hand-me down oven, I am ready to cook and bake! Fitst on the list is bread, just plain, simple, white country bread. Then peanut butter cookies for the neighbor, then a few other cookies like oatmeal and chocolate chip... then pumpkin bread for breakfast (and a few loaves for the neighbors who helped us move)... later this week, apple pie...

We've also finally moved into the little mother-in-law suite. No more "camping!" The place is small (400sqft) but so far I am loving how convenient everything is. We put the laundry closet in the master bedroom, lemme tell ya, that makes folding and sorting and putting away easier. Even though the place is small, I find that it is much faster to clean up than our old house was (1200sq.ft)and very comfortable. I just had to be very picky about what came in, and was careful in how and where I put the closets.

I am so happy!

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  12:24:28 PM  Show Profile
Lynn -- I have 'watched' your mil suite remodel with amazement. Is it part of the bigger house that you now (or 'soon') will rehab as well? You're in a tight squeeze at 400 square feet for sure, but it must feel like a vacation suite, especially after all the turmoil and trial you endured while getting to this point. Happy baking!
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  12:51:58 PM  Show Profile
Lynn...Congrats!!! I'm sure you will have many wonderful smells coming from the kitchen in no time!
Jan
Go to Top of Page

mdotterer
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Marlene
Pleasant Hill CA
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  3:46:32 PM  Show Profile
This is wonderful! What a great, big relief! If I take a deep breath, I can practically smell those cookies!
Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  4:16:35 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Lynn! And how's your back doing lately?
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  8:01:08 PM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
Today I baked bread and peanut butter cookies. Dinner was salmon and rice pilaf (with mushrooms, of course). Sure makes a mess having to do all the dishes in the bathtub, but hey, soon I'll have a sink and can wash as I go :)

I'll post pictures of the place tomorrow, so you can see it :)

Nancy, my back is slowly improving. I put it under a lot of stress these past few days with moving and all the sorting & putting away, but things should get easier now just about everything is put away. Thursday I'll be cleaning up our yard as best I can. My neighbor just did hers today, so now mine looks TERRIBLY shabby!
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  04:53:04 AM  Show Profile
Aww, congratulations! I know you've been waiting for a long time. Now you can get on with that pent up baking and roasting and slow stewing you've been wanting to do; the weather's perfect for it!

Again, congratulations!
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic I have a KITCHEN!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page