Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  08:54:25 AM  Show Profile
Good thing for the thrift, with the way things are going its about the only place I can afford to shop anymore!! Picked up a few good things.
Got some sun here today, what a nice change. Been getting rain almost everyday for sometime now.
I made a few dozen cookies this morning, feeling a little funny now, maybe should have stopped at two cookies. Cleaned out my jewelery drawer. Came close to a nervous disorder while trying to untangle chains. OK NOW. The feeling dizzy from too many cookies kind of took my mind off it.
Still reading the BEFORE GABLES book, I really like it, so glad I ordered it.I have so many good things to read but my reading time is at night, with soccer and soft ball those little ones are cutting into my reading time. But thats Ok I don't plan on buying the farm anytime soon.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  09:21:46 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo, you shopped with an eighteen month old kid and you managed t9o gather these treasures? I am impressed. When my son was that age shopping with him was a horror show most of the time. The supermarket was always an adventure, i always remember the day when martin leaned over and grabbed half a watermelon by the wrapping on it, I did manage to wrestle that one away from him. I bought a large unbreakable bottle of ketchup, he sent it flying, but it was false advertising, ketchup splattered halfway down an aisle. it was one of those days when i was doing kind of a monster shop and on top of my cart was a carton of eggs, somehow when I was distracted by something else in the dairy aisle, my son managed to break all the eggs, they were kind of like a special sauce for the groceries...
Well, too much information again, the sun is out today so I'd best get off the computer and go outside, I've got things to plant......
Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  09:43:00 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo, I'm glad you're feeling better after all those chains...were you singing the Aretha Franklin song, "Chain, chain, chain...chain of fools..." I love the candle shade, and the basket...nice finds today! Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  4:56:45 PM  Show Profile
kARIN,
Thats funny. Yes those little ones can run amuck within a few seconds. He was so cute doing what he does that you had to laugh. Of course I wasn't the one that was in charge of the little guy so I could laugh.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic BACK FROM THE THRIFT Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page