Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Prayer request -- very important
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Prayer request -- very important Next Topic  

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  09:11:02 AM  Show Profile
I don't post here much anymore -- very busy with 3 jobs, housework, finishing the house, etc., etc., but I do log on and read on my break at work at least once a week. I miss many of you, but I've found that once I start posting, time flies by and I should have been back at work long ago.

I do have a very important prayer request. My son (Steve 2) has been studying all summer (60-70 hours a week!) for the MCAT exam. This exam counts for about 75% of a medical school's decision of whether or not to admit him, so his doing well on this test is crucial to his future. He is in the last 2 weeks of preparing -- the test is July 10 (starting at 8 a.m. and going until mid-afternoon).

If you are so inclined, please, please pray for him from now through the test. I can tell by his voice on the phone that he is tired -- mentally, emotionally, and physically -- so prayers for strength in those areas is appreciated. Please also pray that he absorb the material as he studies, and on the day of the test, please lift him up throughout the morning and afternoon as you can.

(Throughout high school and college, Steve has asked me to pray for him when he's worked on a paper, during the time he's taking an exam, etc. Saturday evening on the phone, he asked me to ask others to pray for him as well)

Many of you are parents, so I know you can understand the feelings behind this post. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this message. Have a great week!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please email me for all your Mary Kay needs!

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  11:53:11 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Steve is in my paryers! I know it's important to study but make sure he gets plenty of rest and eats good too.

God Bless!

Melanie

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart." Helen Keller
http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

feedsack4ever
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

linda
opdyke illinois
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  12:48:43 PM  Show Profile
Patti, I can see why you are such a happymama. Wow medical school. You must be so proud of your son. I will pray.

Linda

www.feedsack4ever.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  12:51:58 PM  Show Profile
I will be glad to pray for him!

Caron

"Praise God from whom all blessings flow"
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  1:31:29 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by happymama58

I don't post here much anymore -- very busy with 3 jobs, housework, finishing the house, etc., etc., but I do log on and read on my break at work at least once a week. I miss many of you, but I've found that once I start posting, time flies by and I should have been back at work long ago.

I do have a very important prayer request. My son (Steve 2) has been studying all summer (60-70 hours a week!) for the MCAT exam. This exam counts for about 75% of a medical school's decision of whether or not to admit him, so his doing well on this test is crucial to his future. He is in the last 2 weeks of preparing -- the test is July 10 (starting at 8 a.m. and going until mid-afternoon).

If you are so inclined, please, please pray for him from now through the test. I can tell by his voice on the phone that he is tired -- mentally, emotionally, and physically -- so prayers for strength in those areas is appreciated. Please also pray that he absorb the material as he studies, and on the day of the test, please lift him up throughout the morning and afternoon as you can.

(Throughout high school and college, Steve has asked me to pray for him when he's worked on a paper, during the time he's taking an exam, etc. Saturday evening on the phone, he asked me to ask others to pray for him as well)

Many of you are parents, so I know you can understand the feelings behind this post. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this message. Have a great week!

Please email me for all your Mary Kay needs!

Patti, I will be praying. I will pray for endurance, strength, guidance and knowledge. You be sure and be blessed and have a great day. hugs

AngiKay

For he is faithful that promised. Hebrews 10:23

check out Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  4:27:12 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Patti,
count me in.. you know we mom's have to stick together....

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  6:14:56 PM  Show Profile
Praying for your son too. Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  6:18:28 PM  Show Profile
Patti - it is good to hear from you again. I will be praying for your family.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  10:34:25 PM  Show Profile
You got it Patti!! I have missed you being here!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  11:11:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Saying a prayer for your son! Keep us posted!

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

gloria
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Gloria
Chillicothe Oh
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  11:28:27 AM  Show Profile
I just said a rayer for your son & I will continue to keep in my thoughts & prayers...

God will not call us to do something that He does not equip us to do & He will always be with us (your son) no matter where we are or what we are doing.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  4:45:44 PM  Show Profile
Patti, I'll be praying for your son. I wish him the very best.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  4:46:49 PM  Show Profile
Just said a prayer for your son!
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  4:41:58 PM  Show Profile
The Medical profession is a tough one, and especially so for Doctor's who's every day lives revolve around life and death situations AND decisions.

Your son is definitely in my thoughts and prayers too! And may God fill him with compassion, kindness, PATIENCE (he's certainly going to need THAT!!), perserverence and the ability to overlook the nastiness of some individuals-- not everyone appreciates a GOOD Doctor! Blessings to YOU as well Pattie! ~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  11:46:04 PM  Show Profile
I will pray!!!

Handmade Soap and More! - http://www.therusticcottagebath.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

Patsy
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Illinois
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2008 :  05:34:32 AM  Show Profile
Lord,

We say a prayer for Steve and that he does well on the test. Stay by his side and give him guidance and wisdom.

In Jesus' name we pray,
Amen

May God bless those who love the soil,

Patsy

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  10:30:10 AM  Show Profile
Patti, I would be honored to pray for Steve. How wonderful it is to have our children ask us to pray for them. And as Rene said we moms have to stick together. I will also pray for you!!!! God Bless You!!
Monica
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  8:11:45 PM  Show Profile
Pattie I have just read this hope all came out well, I believe prayer can move mountains

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  12:40:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi Patti! Your son will definitely be in my thoughts and I wish him well and good luck because I am a university student myself and know the pressures. Have a wonderful day!

Chelsey
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  08:35:07 AM  Show Profile
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to come back and post. Thank you so much for all your prayers. I printed your responses and showed them to my son -- he was very moved and asked that I thank you for him, too.

As for the test. He said it went fine, but the physics (physical science) portion was much harder than the numerous practice tests he did. After the test, six or so of the people who took it were talking, and they all agreed that this portion was really hard. He'll get his results in August, so I'll let you know how he did.

Your prayers and thoughtfulness & support mean more to me than I can say!!

Please email me for all your BeautiControl needs!
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Prayer request -- very important Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page