shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2008 :  10:28:35 PM  Show Profile
I collect wooden nut bowls. The ones that look like they are made from a piece of log.My problem is I collect to much, LOL. The nut bowls are my latest thing.

Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From sheep to handspun."
http://mountainmorningfarm.blogspot.com
http://www.youravon.com/rgriffin0799
Go to Top of Page

whiteraven
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Christa
Kansas City MO
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  12:23:13 AM  Show Profile
I collect costume jewelry. I first received some from my grandmother and I have been hooked ever since!

Does anyone have any display ideas?

whiteraven

Life is what you make it!
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  04:47:53 AM  Show Profile
I also collect those little Betty Crocker cook books, the hardcover spiral bound ones from the 60's. 8"x5". My favorite is the Outdoor Cook Book.

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  09:00:49 AM  Show Profile
I collect many things.. little glass salt and pepper shakers, vintage pyrex- especially those with bold colors, anything embroidered, doilies, Vintage wooden bobbins- the large ones, drop spindles, tea cups, tea pots, crochet potholders- especially little dresses and pants, fountain pins (I even have 2 completely glass ones),vintage hankies and cloth napkins, stationary, and vintage children and nature type books. I love having items in my home that I know another homemaker used to beautify her home- especially if she made it herself.

Blessings, Debra

"Your life is an occasion, Rise to it." Mr Magorium..
http://myvintagehome.com
http://woolieacres.net
http://modernmanna.org
The best Christian health and nutrition site on the internet. Keep checking because we are updating the site over the next couple of months.. Major changes will be happening.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  2:46:49 PM  Show Profile
Debra, I wish I had know yesterday that you liked vintage pyrex, I just bought a white tea cup and saucer with a Lime green stripe on it for a teacup exchange, I could have gotten you the other set, I will check to see if it is there next time I go. I have never seen the lime green before! Thanks for posting!!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  2:50:58 PM  Show Profile
Kelly, it sounds loverly!

Blessings, Debra

"Your life is an occasion, Rise to it." Mr Magorium..
http://myvintagehome.com
http://woolieacres.net
http://modernmanna.org
Go to Top of Page

girlwrangler
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Sheri
Lincoln Montana
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  5:02:23 PM  Show Profile
Hmmm....the collection list is long!

Biggest collection is quilts. Next is enamelware and very old kitchen tools, cast iron, rolling pins collanders and such.

Next biggest on the list is jingle bells used on horse harness.

If anybody wants to trade or sell any goodies let me know!

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

tempestastrali
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

magdelina
mississippi
71 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  10:47:23 AM  Show Profile  Send tempestastrali an AOL message
I must admit, I'm a bit of a collection-fetishist! I'm going to blame it on being a taurus *^_^*

I absolutely love trinket boxes. I don't know why, but I am just fascinated by all the unique trinket boxes there are in the world, especially old ones. I do crafts with cigar boxes as well, turning the wooden ones into all sorts of different looking trinket boxes.
I also collect old clock/pocketwatch pieces, which I keep in one of my trinket boxes! haha

Blank journals. I love to write and try to do it as often as possible in my hectic days! So.. I have a collection of probably more blank books than I'll get around to filling - but only because when I get down to a couple, I find another at a thrift store, or recieve another as a gift.

And feathers, sea shells, cool rocks, butterfly wings, lichen, snake skins.. as I walk through these mississippi forests and swamps, looking for blackberries, muscadines, and pawpaws (and tons of other wild edibles!)I try to bring back a tiny piece of mother nature's art each time, and try to leave something for her in return. I make a lot of what I just call "nature art", and I would be much more inclined to squirt a berry at the bottom corner and let Mother Nature "sign" her work than put my own name anywhere on any of it!

And I probably collect a few things that don't register in my mind as collecting! hahaha Ü

Let's trade!

"How strange that Nature does not knock, and yet does not intrude!" Emily Dickinson
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~ ~Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

tempestastrali
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

magdelina
mississippi
71 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  10:52:58 AM  Show Profile  Send tempestastrali an AOL message
would anyone like to trade something small for a skeleton key?

or a really cool handmade earring set from antique watch parts?

"How strange that Nature does not knock, and yet does not intrude!" Emily Dickinson
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~ ~Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

JILLSEWSIT
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

JILL
RACINE WI
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  10:24:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi, There is so much of my stuf that I would like to move along. I have numerous vintage sewing things. 2 old pincushions; measuring devices,wooden darning 'things'. I will get a big tin of them out and make a list for you.
I have books;some collectable. Let me know more precisely what you
want. I have 2 large hardbacks of the Lourve; a Litle Black Sambo in which the boy is from India, older math student books, 'Kenny and His Friends, an older anatomy bk. w/ great drawings of every part of the body; a Frank Lloyd Wright book. How to Sew books. What comes to mind are random.
Also, there some older kitchen things; 50's red plastic canister set of 4; aluminum glasses,wall can opener, older potato peeler, collapsablecup for drinking/camping. 2 wire dish holders for the kitchen sink; one has a tableware holder that is attached like a long hinge that will sit in the rack or roate out. I don't why it works like that, but that's a pretty good description. If you can name one thing, I might have it.
My stuff got downsized, starting with old furniture, plant stands,frames, mirrors clothes. I need room to sew and knit and breath.
2 older wooden picture frames about 7X10 that are on a wooden stand so the picture can be tilted are nice. All wood and glass(I think).
The stacks of vintage & some 50's & 60's fabric will probably goto to someone who can see the pieces. I have too much vintage material for me to put online. It should be seen and touched. I am in WI. For Jan., Feb., & March we can bring something to Canyon Lake, TX.

This odd lot:
I have a plastic bag full of Discs; the type that you'd get for free. They were sent like junk mail back a few years. I kept them, because I was waiting for that big idea. Now, I would like to trade for something. These discs are still in their orginal mailing cardboard packages. There are plenty of shiney circles and some interesting computer images; particularly advertising images. I thought an artist might have a notion. I just want to move these along.
I, too, had the knit booklet for Barbie. If there's a booklet you need, I may have knit, crochet, lace, edgings, tatting. There is also a stack of Workbasket Magazines; 1940's & 50's.

For trading, I plan on & am collecing pretty white material, lace(store-bought) or older; white trims, piping(smallish), cording I was a seamstress/costumer for the Bristol Renaissance costume shop. I am in transition. (What now?) Soon a white Renaissance wedding gown/super soft & feminine will be underway. Clean up fist. Time has been spent using,organizing, making priority decisions. If I can trade or give things away, I will have more room to work and a better idea of just what I anticipate for the next few projects.
My yarn needs an overhaul.
My Husquavarna Viking II is for sale. I just don't like to use it. I will get a picture of that online. It is so new/ all instruction books, feet, 3 or 4 cards to sew designs.

Re-read to see what all I do have. Take care. Jill
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2008 :  06:51:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Jill-

You might want to post those things that you want to sell or barter over in a new topic, that way people will see what you have and I bet you will get lots of barter offers!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Hollyhockfarmgirl
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Joyce
Wellsburg WV
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  08:46:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi! I have been collecting white English Ironstone (hard to find), vintage hankies, Franciscan Ware Apple Pattern ( my wedding china from 1950's). I love old books like housekeeping and recipe books. I love the illustrations but they are hard to store without getting moldy. I love those tiny china dishes ( I don't know what they were used for) and childrens china and tea sets.
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  10:56:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Hi all :) I collect or rather did...Frankoma pottery, Blue Mountain pottery, a bit of Hull, Mccoy, Haeger and a couple others. I like the idea of having something made from the earth. My hubby is Canadian so the Blue Mountain is for him and I do love the pretty green splash colors. We stopped collecting when we bought our small cottage. Just no room for all of it. I keep saying I'm going to list it on ebay but so far I've been putting it off :( Maybe I'll find a creative solution for showing some of it off yet...smile.
Go to Top of Page

Summerstead
True Blue Farmgirl

119 Posts

Heather
Roseland Nebraska
USA
119 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2008 :  08:15:23 AM  Show Profile
My collections include:
Aprons (vintage & new)
Thimbles
Wooden Spoons
Cookbooks
Vintage Cookie Cutters
Old Ball & Atlas canning jars (I especially love the blue ones)
Nutcrackers
Vintage Hankies
Vintage Tablecloths
Vintage tea towels
Vintage Costume jewelry (I have some great pieces from my grandma)

*Heather*

www.summerstead.blogspot.com
www.summerstead.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Hanalu
True Blue Farmgirl

123 Posts

Hana
Redwood City California
USA
123 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2008 :  12:06:23 PM  Show Profile
I have a weakness for lots of things! I love to collect cake plates, old dishes, vintage tablecloths, old furniture...40's and 50's seem to be a theme in my apartment. Also I have to find old postcards! The are sooo cute and make great gift toppers!

I almost forgot about my old book collection....especially cookbooks!

Edited by - Hanalu on Sep 12 2008 12:08:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2008 :  10:42:44 AM  Show Profile
Has anyone heard of Harkerware? I have been finding bits and pieces here and there and was wondering about it? does anyone collect HALL?

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2008 :  5:34:03 PM  Show Profile
Nope, that's a new one to me, but I don't collect much other than dust. :) I now recognize that I collect old books. Well, "old" is such a relative term. I can't leave anything from the 40's or earlier on the shelf if it's for sale.

We make a difference. http://huckleberrywine.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  6:41:48 PM  Show Profile
Goodness - what a collection of collectors we have here. I am going to add to it. I collect cookbooks, Bastine pottery, St. Clair paperweights, M.A. Hadley pottery (Louisville Stoneware), books, books, books, Boyds Bears, gardening gear, dust bunnies(ha ha ha), Block Optic glass (green), old indian blankets ( from the 50's)and whatever else strikes my fancy.

I also like old kitchen ware. I am looking for a jadite batter bowl. I had one that I used all the time and last week it got broken. I was just sick over it. I have had it for years. I am also looking for a miniature potato masher. I found one at an antique store once that had a green handle. It was an ornament. I just loved it, but my son broke it. I have yet to find another. Any ideas? My mom also makes baskets from the big mashers. They are so cool. (still waiting for mine)

Thanks,
Lora #358

If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.

Please visit my new blog and post your opinions about different subjects. www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Holiday Angel
True Blue Farmgirl

444 Posts

Pauline
Sweet Home Oregon
USA
444 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  4:07:24 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Holiday Angel's MSN Messenger address
I love Moose, fishing, deer, and other wild life items. I also like Christmas items (anything lol). Love quilts and pillows too.
blessings,
Pauline

"Fairytales don't tell children that dragons exist, children already know that. Fairytales tell children that dragons can be killed."
- Criminal Minds
President Heavenly Angels in Need Children's Division
http://heavenlyangelsinneed.com
Chicken Roost Blog
http://chickenroost.blogspot.com/
America (Support our Soldiers)
http://sugarslifeblog.blogspot.com/
Holiday Blog for Children
http://paulinesholidayblog.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  03:04:34 AM  Show Profile
Since joining this site, I have started collecting aprons! I realized I had a few upstairs in my "hope chest" I started back in the days when I hoped to get married one day, lol
I have taken them out of the box and they're now in my kitchen cabinet, waiting to be used.

SO added that to my other collections, hehe.
YUP I too collect too much but ain't it fun to walk somewhere and spot just THE item you have been looking for? Not that it happens often but just sometimes....

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://princess-of-pink-creations.blogspot.com/
my new BLOG.
I have added "new" creations, take a look :)
And also some pictures of my village, come for a visit
Go to Top of Page

JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  5:00:02 PM  Show Profile
i collect basketts i have a wack of them hung on beams in my kitchen. they come in handy for garden produce at garden time. also teddy bears? don't knwo why? just love them i guess jo

i thought love was all you needed? courage is needed too!
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  08:38:53 AM  Show Profile
Jo, I have a new found love for baskets too, I found this awsome one at the thrift yesterday, it is tall, has a short handle and is a dusty blue, my new color for my next kitchen! I love blue in all shades and especially baskets! Thanks for sharing your interests!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  7:17:27 PM  Show Profile
I collect Frankoma pottery - only the leaf dishes, #225 and #226. I love them in the shades of earthy brown - no two are exactly the same, and that makes them almost like real leaves. Frank Lloyd Wright's designs were a huge inspiration on how we designed and decorated our house, so the leaf pottery fits right into all the leaves I've found a way to "weave" into our home.

Ann in Oswego

Times may be tough, but farmgirls are tougher!

Craft Fasting since October 21, 2008
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2008 :  12:08:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi. I love to collect vintage linens,cookware,purses,crystal,hankies. Anything reminiscent of simpler times.
quote:
Originally posted by mommatracy

Hello Joy of Downbranchroad. I was just looking at your blog and kind of laughed to myself when you were talking about how messy it is to put corn up. Yes it sticks everywhere and you do find bits of it here and there later on even though you cleaned the mess up thoroughly. I used to put corn up every July years ago and it was quite an event. Me, DH and his parents would pull 1,000 ears of corn out of the field,shuck it,cut it off the cob,blanch it, and put it in freezer containers. This would start early in the morning and we might finish up at 1:00 am next morning. It was exhausting but well worth it. Last year I put 200 ears of corn up and that was enough work!

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  03:45:54 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
So many interesting collections! I collect homemade Christmas ornaments. I have ornaments on my tree that I had made when I was a little girl. That was approximately 37 years ago. My how time flies.

Julie from Wisconsin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic What do you collect? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page