KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

84 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
84 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  11:46:30 AM  Show Profile
I've been using crystal deodorant for about a year and love it! I bought the little travel size to try it out and I'm still using the same one. Not only is it better for me but it costs a lot less too.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

OneHippieChick
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Susan
Huntsville AL
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  10:36:49 PM  Show Profile  Send OneHippieChick a Yahoo! Message
I use both the roll-on Crystal and the rock-stick Crystal deodorant and found that they work great! The only problem I've found is that I may have to reapply on really hot summer days or if I've been doing a lot of work. I have a hard time with "regular" anti-perspirant and deodorant - it just doesn't seem to want to wash off and after about a week usually gives me a rash.

Susan ~ Farmgirl Sister #1978
Fiber artist, spins, knits, crochets, sews, quilts, soap maker, as well as various beauty products and some natural cosmetics
Working on getting my Etsy website and blog up and running - stay tuned!
Go to Top of Page

gardenancy
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Nancy
Parma Ohio
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  5:54:39 PM  Show Profile
I go au de natural. I am a purist when it comes to cosmetics & toiletries. I am so careful what I put on my skin and into my body. I make my own soap, toothpaste, lip balm, face cream, etc...
I bought the chrystal stick a long time ago and when I read that there was alum in it I threw it out. I was afraid to use it. Bernice, thanks for mentioning that alum is aluminum. Aluminum may contribute to breast cancer tumors - most are found near the armpits. I just don't want to take a chance. Cancer runs in my family.
I can't find any deodorant that works on me. I have tried all the 'natural' ones on the market and they either burn terribly or they do nothing for the odor. I've even tried making different ones, with no good results. I just wash more when needed. I will have to try the baking soda! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  8:13:58 PM  Show Profile
I use it in spray form. I get it at Fred Meyer in the health food section. I love it!

I wear my cape around my waist.

http://myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com

http://www.turnerhilltea.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nitere
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Amy
Hickory NC
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  1:04:35 PM  Show Profile
I just started using it yesterday. I can't use store bought deodorants because of sensitivities. I have been making my own deodorant for a long time, but just recently it stopped working for me. My husband has been using the crystal kind and likes it so i bought one for myself. So far, so good.

Farmgirl Sister #37
http://www.buraellen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  07:56:30 AM  Show Profile
I just read the book "There's lead in your lipstick" by Gillian Deacon, and now I am trying to switch all my body care products to as natural as possible. I already make my own soap. Now I'm going to give the crystal a try...I ordered a small one online (they're not sold around here) so I'm waiting for it to arrive. In the meantime, I'm using Jason deodorant. It's ok, but I haven't done anything really strenuous yet, to put it to the test. It's supposed to get hot & humid by Monday here, so we'll see how these natural deodorants hold up. Gotta get used to having wet underarms, though!

My big worry is smelling bad at work...we went through that once already, with a co-worker (now retired) who had really bad b.o. and customers would come in and wrinkle their noses looking at us like which one of you is it?

Bonus with using natural deodorants: no more yellow pit stains on your clothes!

Lori

Farmgirl Sister #183
Go to Top of Page

DONNA Q
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

DONNA
LUBBOCK TX
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  7:08:51 PM  Show Profile
I have had hot flashes for 3 years now and the crystal is the only thing that keeps me from smelling like a lumberjack.

GOD BLESS
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Try This: Previous Topic Crystal Deoderant? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page