Page: of 3

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  12:49:32 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Anyone ever used this? I have and I am sold on it. Strangely enough, the first couple of times I've used this, it seemed (what I thought) to bring out toxins or something - I felt rather stinky, but I just washed underarms til it was okay. After that, I didn't have a problem at ALL and ended up preferring it over my dove deoderant.
I am allergic to most deoderants so this was great for me. I didn't see another post talking about this, so I thought I would bring it up!

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  1:27:57 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Brooke, I have used this for a year or so, and love it..

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  4:53:16 PM  Show Profile
Compared to all the other "natural" deodorants, I find it to be the only kind that actually holds up for the long haul. Don't use it right after you shave your armpits, though...ask me how I know. ;-P

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com

groovy stuff 2 buy...http://www.alittlesplurge.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  5:55:42 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
lol! nashbabe! I know too!! I did it. Woooo.. it's like putting salt on for me. I guess I am not the only one who did so that makes me feel better. ;)
Go to Top of Page

Emme
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

4 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  07:20:57 AM  Show Profile
lilwing, I had the same issue at first - felt stinky. I gave up (although I still have it). I should just keep trying!

thanks for the info.

http://simplicityfirst.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  10:13:13 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Well, keep in mind you have to wash your underarms every day before you rub it on. (not saying you didn't! just making that comment!) But it's true after the first couple initial times, it was fine and I ended up liking it better. lol.
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  07:08:10 AM  Show Profile
I have used this for 5+ years and love it. It lasts forever too.

Jami in WA

Okay, so now I have a blog. http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

homesteaderbelle
True Blue Farmgirl

391 Posts

Belle

USA
391 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  9:55:02 PM  Show Profile  Click to see homesteaderbelle's MSN Messenger address
Yes, I do use crystal deodorant. It is GREAT!! I use the natural fresh deoderant crysal. Before thi, I had terrible underarm oder!! I don't have it anymore!

This deodorant doesn't work well unless it is used as soon as you get out of the shower. It has to be aplied while the pores are open. I used to get out of the shower, comb my hair, ect....before putting on the deodorant. It has to be put on immediantly, so now, I get out of the shower, dry my armpits, wet the crystal, and put it on.

This deodorant does allow the body to sweat, but there is no oder! Some people do not like the sweat. If you don't like the sweat, put a little cornstarch on your armpits after the crystal deodorant has dried.

I love the crystal deodorant. I bought mine at GNC. I bought one travel size crystal just to try it out a few months ago, and there is a lot left! I imagine this crystal will last me until Christmas or longer.

Belle

http://www.homesteaderbelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

homesteaderbelle
True Blue Farmgirl

391 Posts

Belle

USA
391 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  9:56:54 PM  Show Profile  Click to see homesteaderbelle's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by lilwing

lol! nashbabe! I know too!! I did it. Woooo.. it's like putting salt on for me. I guess I am not the only one who did so that makes me feel better. ;)

I am pretty sure that the crystal deodorants are made of salt.

Go to Top of Page

homesteaderbelle
True Blue Farmgirl

391 Posts

Belle

USA
391 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  10:01:10 PM  Show Profile  Click to see homesteaderbelle's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Emme

lilwing, I had the same issue at first - felt stinky. I gave up (although I still have it). I should just keep trying!

thanks for the info.

http://simplicityfirst.wordpress.com

Try putting this deodorant on immediantly after getting out of the shower. It doen't work unless it is aplied whil the pores are open. I tryed doing other stuff, before I put on my deodorant. The deodorant must be put on immediantly after shower or it does't work. Everybody I know who uses this say it doesn't work unless you put it on immediantly after showering.

Belle

Go to Top of Page

okiequilter
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Cathy

USA
249 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  06:27:16 AM  Show Profile
Yes, the stone needs to be wet when you apply it. I started using a crystal stone deodorant about 12 years ago. It works! even when you are hot and sweaty. A 6oz. size stone will last about 5-6 years (if you don't drop it and have it shatter, like I did with one). Besides being a lot cheaper then continually buying deodorants, it is healthier! Commerical deodorants contain chemicals you don't want in your body and anti-perspirants are strongly linked to breast cancer.

Cathy (okiequilter)

www.AuntDaisysCottage.blogspot.com

A friend loves at all times.
Go to Top of Page

homesteaderbelle
True Blue Farmgirl

391 Posts

Belle

USA
391 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  07:29:45 AM  Show Profile  Click to see homesteaderbelle's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by okiequilter

A 6oz. size stone will last about 5-6 years (if you don't drop it and have it shatter, like I did with oneCathy (okiequilter)

I drop mine twice!!! I still have some of it left though...

Belle

Go to Top of Page

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  08:41:06 AM  Show Profile
Where do you get this crystal deodorant from??
Go to Top of Page

okiequilter
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Cathy

USA
249 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  10:12:13 AM  Show Profile
I use "Nature's Deodorant Stone" from Now www.nowfoods.com/?action=itemdetail8item_id=3662
You can find crystal stones at health/natural foods stores.

Cathy (okiequilter)

Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  10:46:19 AM  Show Profile
I get mine from Trader Joe's.

Jami in WA

Okay, so now I have a blog. http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

okiequilter
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Cathy

USA
249 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  12:00:14 PM  Show Profile
You are sooo lucky to have Trader Joe!! Oklahoma doesn't have them :(

Cathy (okiequilter)

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9321 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9321 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  7:50:01 PM  Show Profile
I've always wondered how the crystals work but i have never used them. i just use baking soda. no smell but still do sweat which I don't mind since there is no odor. I think the Baking soda neutralizes it or something.

Denise
farmgirl sister #43

"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

okiequilter
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Cathy

USA
249 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  06:35:39 AM  Show Profile
Denise,
Yes, baking soda will neutralize odors. The stone contains natural occurring minerals salts. When you wet it and apply to the surface of your skin, it leaves a small residue of the salts on your skin which prevents bacterical growth (the cause of body odor).
About sweating - Although it's not comfortable, it's healthy. Using anti-perspirant prevents you from perspiring (as the name indicates). Your arm pits are one of the few areas your body uses to purge toxins in the form of perspiration. When you stop this in your arm pits by using anti-perspirant, the toxins have to go somewhere, so the body deposits them into the lymph nodes below the arms. A lot of breast cancer tumors occur in the outside upper portion of the breast. This is where the lymph nodes are located.
I don't like sweating as much as the next person, but as long as I don't smell... In the summer if I'm outside a lot, as in gardening, I just wash up a few times during the day and change my shirt and then take a bath at the end of the day.

Cathy (okiequilter)

Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  09:37:09 AM  Show Profile
I love the crystal !
I have been using it for 15 years now. It takes a little while for the body to adjust when you first start using it. I really perspired terribly at first and then my body ajusted and I onlys have that problem when its super hot outside and I am working. Then I just wash and reapply when I am done working outside. I use to get very sore underarms when I used the antiperspirant but now that I use the crystal I don't have that problem anymore. I think its one of the best products and I will never go back to antipersirants again.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl Severeide
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  8:28:25 PM  Show Profile
Making a Trader Joe's List.... I have heard how wonderful this deodorant is, Now Gotta give it a try.......

Life situations and circumstances change quickly, often without notice... Take each challenge with a positive attitude.
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  04:21:20 AM  Show Profile
I've been using a crystal for 10+ years. I think I've maybe bought three in that time, and one was a replacement for having dropped one and having it shatter. I love these and am trying to get may daughter to "convert". She's just started using deoderants and wants all the cool, smelly ones. I give her a year and then she'll move over to the crystal.
Sharon

Farmgirl Sister #74

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2008 :  11:28:08 PM  Show Profile
Ahh.... now I know what I did wrong when I tried to use the little sample crystal I bought some time ago. Shower and apply RIGHT AWAY! No wonder it didn't work! I guess I will try again-- when I'll be staying home for the day, just in case. (LOL!) Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  07:50:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
You ladies have convinced me! I am going to try to find one this weekend and give it a try!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

okiequilter
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Cathy

USA
249 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  08:05:32 AM  Show Profile
Tracy and Alee,
Don't get discouraged if it seems not to work in the beginning (like Brooke said in the first post of this thread). It does seem to take a few times to "start working".
I'm sure you will be pleased. I will never go back to deodorant again for all the reasons I wrote about above!

Cathy (okiequilter)

www.AuntDaisysCottage.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  11:19:28 AM  Show Profile
Yep its important to apply after the shower. And you have to make sure you wet it. But do give your body time to adjust. It does take some time. In the beginning I almost gave up until my friend explained my body would ajust. She was right and I have been happy with the results.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

tempestastrali
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

magdelina
mississippi
71 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  7:48:27 PM  Show Profile  Send tempestastrali an AOL message
Ew, you guys wear deodorant?

I go au naturale!

Flaunt your scent - nature gave it to you!

and deodorant is a conspiracy O.o

"How strange that Nature does not knock, and yet does not intrude!" Emily Dickinson
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~ ~Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Try This: Previous Topic Crystal Deoderant? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page