Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  09:39:06 AM  Show Profile
Just posted a few pictures, just can't seem to skip to many days on that job. Even if its a picture of the garbage can. Well I haven't quiet got to that level yet.
I feel like we are living in England this summer so far. Rain, sever storms, bright sun and humid, then windy.This all within a few hours. OFF, ON, OFF,ON. Been like this for days. Not a boring weather pattern thats for sure.
I have been drinking a lot of lemon water, does anyone care? Trying to get off the pepsi. I think I can do this on my own without an intervention.
Hope you are all having a nice Sunday.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  09:45:34 AM  Show Profile
Great pictures, Nancy Jo. That quilt looks like a quilt I had as a baby---which I think is around somewhere.What a nice gift for the boys. Probably in storage. I have been trying to find another Pie Bird. I just have the 2 and when I saw yours I thought I have to find some more. We are finally have some decent weather. I hope you weather can decide what it wants to do before winter. If you ever need intervention I'll be there for you. Somewhere---anywhere. Oops time to go lay down....again! MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  09:46:44 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo,
What a cute little quilt!! Let me know how the lemon water works - I have been trying the same thing with Celestial Seasonings Country Peach tea iced, I have sort of a problem with RC Cola. I have completely quit buying anything with High Fructose Corn Syrup except for that, which then of course looks completely out of character amongst the bulk foods and the canning jars....
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  09:59:51 AM  Show Profile
Love that quilt...I hope the boys didn't get it dirty the other day with "picniking"! I can't beleive this but I have the same cookbooks as you except for the Paula Deen ones but I love her and her boys and I have her Christmas cookbook..a little one. That's a cute idea to put them in the corner like that...you are such a decorator! How much do you love Art Smith? I have both of his cookbooks and there might be another out (or did I dream that..Whoops!LOL!) but every recipe I have ever made out of his books is great.
I have a little somethin' I'm going to send you when I get back from Iowa/Illinois so I won't ask for your address now cuz I'll lose it by the time I get it ready to send it, knowing me.
Your house is so pretty and I'm sorry you still haven't found your "marbles"..tee hee.

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  10:20:50 AM  Show Profile
Amy Grace, I'm right there with you. I just tell myself I can have a nice cold pepsi just as soon as I drink this glass of lemon water, then I don't want the pepsi.
Sandra, Yes that is one big stack of cookbooks I have in that corner. I have more on another book shelf. I guess I should be cooking MORE!! That is so nice of you to be thinking about sending me a surprise. Oh I will have to get that ART SMITH cookbook out that you said I HAVE. dON'T RECALL THAT ONE.
MB- THANKS FOR BEING THERE FOR ME OR HERE.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  11:42:49 AM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
Oh Nancy Jo...Here is a poem that I came up with to explain my love of the carbonated water!!

Ode to Diet Coke

How I love thee Diet Coke,
You make me drink you until I'm broke.
I want to pour you down the sink,
But all I can do is drink, drink, drink!

The doctors plead, the husband wails,
Quit drinking the crap, from your will don't bail.
But I see you in your silver can,
And all I can do is wreck my plans!

So here's to all that are addicted,
Don't feel sad, your not so twisted.
Just think of Sam and her diet drink,
A girl who just couldn't pour it down the sink!!!

p.s. That quilt is super cute!

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  12:20:48 PM  Show Profile
Sam, very cute!!

Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  1:08:25 PM  Show Profile
Jack and Dave are sure some lucky little bears. Wish I had a quilt that pretty. Love the pics Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  2:20:12 PM  Show Profile
Wow - poetry, quilts, friendship among women, confessions of addiction.....all in one topic of conversation.....this place does feed the soul!!! :)

Nancy-Jo, that little quilt is fantastic.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  3:08:11 PM  Show Profile
Haha...I have the same problem with diet Pepsi...I had tried lemon water for awhile too, but it didn't quite work....

NancyJo I know about the weather, actually, it sort of reminds me of Florida...humid all morning, then somewhere between 2-4pm a massive rainstorm breaks out, then just as quickly, it stops, and it's humid again. I swear it's global warming or something. It's like this down here in the city, every day.

Haha, the quilt is super cute

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  4:47:27 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo, Are you still looking for marbles? I figured you'd be inundated with them, but I have an old tin of marbles I'll send off to you. Not terribly old, but nice , variagated ones, cat's eyes. We used to have marble tournaments at boarding school when I was little, and I got to make everyone's marble bag! It was thrilling for me so I bought my kids marbles when were little and they looked at me like I was INSANE.
'm not sure what the deal is with the weather here today, it has been foggy and hot all day, kind of like living in a swamp. I feel so horrible today, but I watched the Red Sox lose on the tele and have been stiitching ties on my mini aprons. I think it is the sludgy weather thaat gets my arthritis protesting and I'm just so tired of it!!!!Sorry, mini rapt over. I love looking at your pictures, and I must say I was very happy with the way jack and Dave's quilt came out. I always think of the little haphazard one as a mini hired hand quilt, not real fancy, just useful. I love the red pot and the pie bird and the rolling pin display, it has brightened an otherwise kind of wretched day for me...I'm going to take another pain pill so I can get my minis done, they are kind of fun. little string aprons, sort of like cotton crazy quilt style. I'm counting on feeling better tomorrow and get some pictures of my recent assault on the goodwill store....I just about filled up the back of the car, I think it'll be interesting to find places and people for them. Some days are just kind of majic when you hit the right sale at the right time. Yikes, I'm blathering. I'll just stop now...Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  5:05:31 PM  Show Profile
Don't stop Karin....I love hearing what all of you are doing and what you're trying to give up (with me it's cigarettes...God forbid don't tell MJ!) and the weather and sorry to hear you have arthritis..I do too and just happy that I am able to function . That little quilt was absolutely the cutest! Is it hard to do? Were those just scraps or did you plan it and buy the materials? I loved the buttons on the side...how it added such a unique touch. I am going to start quilting this fall or whenever the weather drives me in. I've done or tried just about everything else but never got into quilting..strange huh?
I'm glad there are all you experts I can go to when I start! Beautiful little quilt and how thoughtful. I DID tell Nancy Jo though...she's going to have to watch those boys with that quilt...you know the minute she turns her back Jack and Dave will be "rough-housing" on it...I'm surprised there isn't a grass stain on it already with those 2 little houlligans!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  06:12:21 AM  Show Profile
nance .. great idea to try to wean yourself off sodas. i had for quite awhile .. but sometimes find myself sneaking a soda! i do love ICED TEA the most .. with lots of LEMON! I LOVE hearing about the 'everyday' events of my gurlfrenz .. goin' to take a quick peek at your pics then get off LA MACHINE and get some things put away before Lucas wakes up! xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  07:52:09 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
nancy jo, loved seeing your pics. posted a comment to you on your site.

love
frannie in texas

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
(http://abunnystale.blogspot.com/)
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic POSTED A FEW PICTURES Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page