Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 Got Maryjane's new book today!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Got Maryjane's new book today! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Christy
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Christy
Manhattan Kansas
46 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  12:59:33 PM  Show Profile
I was very exicted when the mailman knocked on the door today and handed me Maryjane's Outpost. It was the best birthday present(my birthday was yesterday). I have to admit I have not gotten a lick of work done since and my mail comes early in the morning. My son keeps pulling on my leg and closing the book because he wants to play. And my respone is lets have storytime and read some more Maryjane.

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  3:46:24 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Christy,
YEA!!!! it is so great isnt it????

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

City_Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Christina
Omaha Nebraska
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  3:53:59 PM  Show Profile
Yeah!!
I preordered mine so I hope it arrives soon!

Waiting Patiently~

Christina
Farmgirl Sister #195
Although no one can go back and make a brand new start; anyone can start from now
and make a brand new end.
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  4:02:04 PM  Show Profile
I got mine today. When I got home from shopping--there it was leaning up on my garage door. Still in the box, of course. I sat down with it and read it even before I brought my stuff in the house. It is a keeper!!
BTW Happy Birthday Christy. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  5:17:26 PM  Show Profile
I called the bookstore, who held a copy for me until I could drive into town to pick it up. It is a gorgeous thing! Can't type, I've got to go out and be wild and outside!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Nigella
True Blue Farmgirl

386 Posts

Nigella
Chimacum WA
USA
386 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  5:37:56 PM  Show Profile
Hurray! Got mine today!! Already on page 39.....
Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  6:26:08 PM  Show Profile
I can't wait to get mine... It should be here soon.

Farmgirl Sister # 241
www.thebarnchick.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

bec414
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

becky
saginaw mi
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  4:53:27 PM  Show Profile
I got mine today and my 11 yo dd and I have already had words about who gets it first.

Becky,
In the heart of Todd's home with my olive branches (Josie 11/96, Gabbi 9/98, Natalie 5/00, Daniel 9/02, Mary 9/04, and Tabitha 7/06) around my table. Ps 128:3

www.hillbilliesinabarn.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  6:00:51 PM  Show Profile
Mine came..and I have only had time to skim it today..but it is WONDERFUL!!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  7:03:11 PM  Show Profile
Incredible-
This book is SO where I am at right now;) It is beautiful and I am busy picking out new projects to tackle once I am done reading it cover to cover, willow furniture is at the top of the list.

"Out we go" is the motto of our summer, after a winter- a lovely winter- that lasted well into spring we are taking every chance to head out and stay out. On Solstice we had a bonfire with friends, kids running every which way, and we camped in the yard in the tent listening to a late night rain storm. I am on the prowl for a cast iron tub to put in a shady corner in the back!!!

Thanks! Rebekka

www.bebebella.etsy.com

As a woman I have no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.

Virginia Woolf
Go to Top of Page

jallibunn
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Jodi
Missoula MT
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  9:56:56 PM  Show Profile
My book arrived today, and I just finished gulping it. It's the best one yet. Beautiful, idea-filled, inspiring. I can't wait to share it with friends and family.

Go outside--the graphics are great!
Go to Top of Page

Mag
True Blue Farmgirl

144 Posts

Margaret
Mount Vernon OH
USA
144 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  05:18:37 AM  Show Profile
Mine arrived a few days ago, nice addition to the 1st book. The photos are really beautiful and the suggestions cover a large range of topics. Very recommended!
Go to Top of Page

Pearlsnjeans
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Vicki
West Haven Utah
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  2:35:54 PM  Show Profile
My book arrived yesterday afternoon. I also ordered the "get acquainted sampler". So this morning I had homemade bisquits with strawberry jam and enjoyed skimming through the book!

Vicki

Farmgirl Sister #120
Farmgirls are elegant
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  03:34:22 AM  Show Profile
Oh girls, you all are making me impatient for mine to get here.
I pre-ordered so hoping it gets here soon.

Denise

farmgirl sister #43

"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  6:53:07 PM  Show Profile
My book finally came today! It was delivered at 9am so I was chomping at the bit ALL day to get home and check it out. I just love it!

FARMGIRL SISTER #127
my business http://www.backwoodsjunction.com
The Catholic Wife: http://www.thecatholicwife.com

Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  7:16:11 PM  Show Profile
Rachel, I just noticed that you live in Louisville. I live right across the bridge from you and my whole family lives in Louisville. Good to know there are farmgirls close-by!

Farmgirl Sister # 241
www.thebarnchick.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  7:25:51 PM  Show Profile
Oh my book got here today. The UPS guy whom I see everyday at work dropped it by. My son called and told me a package came so I had him open it because he thought it was something else we were expecting. Anyway I had to wait all day to finally get home from work and read it. I have only made it a little way through but she has done it again. What a great book!

Denise

farmgirl sister #43

"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nigella
True Blue Farmgirl

386 Posts

Nigella
Chimacum WA
USA
386 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  07:20:23 AM  Show Profile
This is certainly the PERFECT summer read! I've got all sorts of plans for summer fun thanks to MJ.... and I've even changed my mind on hunting!
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  09:28:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
OK, I am starting to worry. My book has still not arrived....and I can hardly wait!

Visit my blog at: www.sewonandsewfourth.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  09:46:53 AM  Show Profile
Got my books this week and gave one to my daughter at her birthday yesterday. Last night, after a big holiday/birthday party at our house, I got on my nightgown, and curled up with the new book. Once again, I felt so connected with so much of it. I saw things I have in my own home (the white enamel ware casserole trimmed in red), read about MaryJane's favorite music (the same I always loved), things she has done and clothes she wore in her life that coincided so much with mine. And I know I am only one of thousands that feel this same way. There is one photo of MJ five months preggie with a tank top and long skirt - and I wore the same things when I was preggie in that same time frame. I did not, however, hike all those miles with my baby on my back! Whoa, now that is a woman.

I hiked 12 miles on a camping week-end when I was 6 weeks preggie and did not know it yet. It was the only time I ever napped in the tent in the afternoon, and I could not figure out why I was soooo tired! I soon found out. Anyway, after all my rambling, I want to say I will continue to enjoy this book. Good job once again! MJ, thank you for sharing so openly with us your thoughts and dreams and knowledge.

One more thought: outdoor life is obviously much more enjoyable in a drier climate with hardly any mosquitoes! Many of the things in the book would not be easy to do here. An outdoor kitchen would be a hot and buggy cooking experience. How I wish I could have an outdoor bedroom! :)

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jul 06 2008 09:49:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  5:34:18 PM  Show Profile
we were at Barnes and Noble in upper Kentucky yesterday .. they don't have it yet. i'll keep checking at my local B&N. can hardly wait!

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

City_Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Christina
Omaha Nebraska
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  9:13:40 PM  Show Profile
Beverly, I live in Nebraska and just got mine on Saturday. So hopefully yours will arrive by Monday or Tuesday! I know I was getting worried as well. But boy was it worth the wait. You are going to love it!!

Also if you ordered it from MJF you can look at the invoice and see what day it actually shipped on. Mine didn't ship until the 26th. I am sure MaryJane had to take a break from autographing once in a while due to hand cramps.

Christina
Farmgirl Sister #195
Although no one can go back and make a brand new start; anyone can start from now
and make a brand new end.

Edited by - City_Chick on Jul 06 2008 9:15:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  07:55:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Mine arrived last Wednesday. The photos are just a joy to look at and a feast feast for the eyes. :) Whoever said 'inspiring' picked the right word!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

NotQuiteJuneCleaver
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Susan
Shreveport LA
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  08:26:17 AM  Show Profile
Got mine today!!! OH MY - so beautiful!!! Kudos!

Susan ~ FARMGIRL SISTER #15
AKA TheSoapMaven who lost nearly 700 posts by changing her name! :(
http://www.thesoapmaven.com http://www.notquitejunecleaver.com
There is immeasurable value in what I do. I won't ever believe otherwise.
Go to Top of Page

NotQuiteJuneCleaver
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Susan
Shreveport LA
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  6:53:49 PM  Show Profile
And I am SOOO loving it! It is absolutely stunning. I have been re-writing my life goals in the past few months and living closer to the Earth was part of my plan. Since my Mom's passing, I have felt so out of sorts and lost ~ like I slammed my life's book and didnt mark my place. I had to start over. Maybe it was for the best. This is JUST what I needed. I am more than excited. Thank you, thank you, thank you MJ! You are just an amazing woman. I know you hear this all the time but I wanted to tell you again. From me, from the heart. You are inspiring me to renew my spirit, my focus, my goals.

My dear DEAR husband is taking me to a "cabin by the lake" for my 49th birthday next month. He said I needed the rest, the calm, the quiet. We will fish together and cook together and read to each other and just BE. This book will be so wonderful to read between now and then.

Blessings to you and yours. You are all loved. And please give Meg and Lukas a hug from me and a big kiss to Stella Jane! One of these days I am just going to hop a plane and come see the farm.

Susan ~ FARMGIRL SISTER #15
AKA TheSoapMaven who lost nearly 700 posts by changing her name! :(
http://www.thesoapmaven.com http://www.notquitejunecleaver.com
There is immeasurable value in what I do. I won't ever believe otherwise.
Go to Top of Page

clux64
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Celeste
Blair NE
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  05:25:56 AM  Show Profile
Me too, it's AWESOME!

Celeste

"No matter where you go, there you are"

--Confucious
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Got Maryjane's new book today! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page