CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  5:52:23 PM  Show Profile
I'M Gittin' ancie to get back to makeing some more dollies .. other than kids crafts .. i haven't done much in the way of making things since being here in toledo. i think it has been about six weeks or so now that i've been here. due to leave for home on saturday! xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  6:13:58 PM  Show Profile
You have been creating something more important than any dollies in the world......creating memories with your daughter and family. Creating relationships with your grands and deepening them......creating love with a new baby.......no dolly in the world is worth more than that! But I know it will be fun to get back to your home and the things you love.

I have been creating more rag rugs. And next I need to start on a new quilt for the third grand on the way. My fingers will be busy in the next few months!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jun 25 2008 6:15:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  05:08:22 AM  Show Profile
oh shirley jean . you ae so right .. i wouldn't trade these last six weeks for all the dollies in the world. it has been an amazing time .. pictures etched in my mind forever .. and i know the little ones have a little part of me in their souls too!

sounds like you are pretty busy in the creative department! i haven't made one of those rag rugs yet .. gosh .. i haven't even picked up my rug hook since moving to kentucky!

xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

moxieblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

121 Posts

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  06:34:18 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, I saw your dollies on your blog, they're ADORABLE! Hope you're having a good time in Toledo with your family, Jeannie is right, those memories are priceless!

I'm currently working on a cross-stitch that has been in-and-out of my sewing basket for the past six months. It's a kitchen-themed piece with lots of pink tearoses, violet pansies, herbs, fruits, etc.

We just finished redecorating our master bedroom... we're trying to take a "big-city" apartment and turn it into something more homey! Over the weekend I made curtains for the bedroom out of plain unbleached muslin, I put some rings on the top of the curtain and just fed it onto the rod. It's much lighter and cleaner-looking than the old black blinds that came with the apartment! I'm now considering making some pillowcases out of muslin and embroidering the edges with flowers and vines.

http://vintage-moxie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  07:45:04 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
My DH and I are working on a rose arbor... and then a garden gate for my veggie patch.. we both love working with wood tools... I am also working on some Merit badge projects.. fun,fun, fun!

Frannie, I attempted to make a dollie - using your pattern in the Magazine.... well lets just say this......She will be my one and only! I have new found respect and admiration for you darlin'.. I will stick to wood and my writing pen!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

feedsack4ever
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

linda
opdyke illinois
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  06:22:50 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, I love your rag dolls. They are so sweet. I have recently become interested in making dolls. Have you been making them for very long? And I love your idea of sistermercysfoundlinghome. Linda

www.feedsack4ever.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  10:30:03 AM  Show Profile
Last week I helped my neighbor make a garden trellis out of branches after a neighbor down the street trimmed his tree. She's been admiring the ones I made for my yard a couple of years ago. And just the other day she brought me down a strawberry pie to say "thanks"! So one good creation deserves another, I guess.

Walking around the nearby streets I met a lady who studs old bowling balls with those glittering stones you might see in an aquarium or flower arrangment. She puts them around the garden like gazing balls. In a roundabout way, that's got me thinking of using all the bottle caps I've been saving over the years to collage some flower pots for my porch. Maybe I'll get to that this weekend.
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  2:04:33 PM  Show Profile
Well, I have been creating a big mess in my craft room which usually means I have waaaeee too many projects going on at once!
Let's see, well, I am always crocheting up dish-cloths,I just made one for my women's group and tied a sweet little bar of soap on it with some fabric and added a cute tag, I am in a swap so busy making 10 'summer' thingies (can't tell you cus it would spoil the surprise!)Just finished a crocheted rag rug, inspired by MJ of course, Pieced a large throw pillow cover, just have to finish the trim, my son just got his Eagle Scout award so now I get to finish his scout scrap-book (several years in the making) and i found one of those cute over-night cases last weekend at the flea market for $3. I am decoupaging torn papers all over it with Modge Podge and then will give it a few top layers of Modge for good measure.
Oh, and once in a while I sleep!

"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic what 'cha been creatin? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page