Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Enough doom and gloom... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  5:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Hubby and I are really working down the debt, looking at buying a house next spring, MAYBE another baby , and just looking forward to a simple, country life. We don't want for much except food on the table, roof over our head (preferably something small) and a comfy bed to lay in with a little land to let everyone run and jump and a luxury of a pool for lots of hot Texas days.Oh and a new couch!!! I think I may just be a too much glass half full kinda gal. Everyone is so down. Things are tough but life is going to go on and I for one kinda hope everyone slows down and see the value of family, friendships, sharing spirit that once ruled this nation. I don't want to see anyone go without the basics but I don't think it is going to be that bad. What says you???? I think we need to keep the positive energy going and realize the alternatives coming are way can be a wonderful thing (solar power, organics, homemade items for the family, etc)

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  5:26:47 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Heather,
I have been thinking of that saying, "when the student is ready, the teacher will come". Seems like there are so many of us "ready"... I dont see this as a bad thing.. .I think it is ok that we have to learn to live "with our hearts open"....Seems like so many are on auto pilot, and this has caused us to "take control of the wheel".. that cant all be bad, can it?

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  5:31:06 PM  Show Profile
I agree that we are really focusing on the doom and gloom but for a lot of people it really is something to worry about. Gas here is right around 4.00. Minimum wage is only 6.25. That means that a lot of people are taking home very little after they fill their car with the gas needed to get to work. Being in a rural area many people are driving at least 30 miles to their minim wage jobs. I know in my community a lot of people are truly hurting. I think most of us here on the forum are the "go-getter" type but unfortunatly not everyone is.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  5:36:06 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
Heather~I agree with you...like my marmie used to say, crying about it won't change a thing. My DH and I are really lucky to live on a good size of land so we can farm, raise our food and watch our children grow. I wish the world would just knuckle down and make it the best they can!

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  6:04:17 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I am truly excited about finding this 30 hour a week job that mean a little $$ into CC's and savings, but enough time to be around for Charlie. I look forward to finding out how I can lower bills or get rid of them all together, how I can become really frugal but still have fun, seeing how much I can live with and on with feeling deprived. I like a challenge so I guess that doesn't bother me!!! I like the idea of being focused and in the moment...gets my little heart pounding with joy!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  7:30:09 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I too am prepared to become as frugal as need be& I am optimistic about those that have a conscience & a brain(Farmgirls!! Right??) I worry about other folks who are just too spoiled or uninformed to know what they need to do to survive. There are so many that rely on McD's for food & have no clue how to take care of themselves. I am willing to cut back & budget & not use the AC etc, etc & God knows we are cutting back on EVERYTHING, but I will have a REAL problem when I have to start paying more taxes to support those that are buying double cheesies at McDonalds. I am so conscious of every penny I spend & am not willing to support those that do not make a similar effort.
That being said, I agree with you, that I hope this is a time of change in the US, & people can start to go back to what made this country strong in the 1st place. Sacrifice, hard work & faith.
I say, Let Farmgirls Rule the Country
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Enough doom and gloom... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page