palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  12:46:20 PM  Show Profile
we are invaded! i was reading about the holes in the rose bush leaves but i still have a question.... what is this garlic water thing? dick mixed some dish soap with water and sprayed the plants; it works for a short time but they just move on to the next bush or come back. i haven't heard of mixing vegtable oil with it?? if i make that "concoction" (l/3 water, 1/3 dish soap, 1/3 veg oil---is that right??) should we spray everything in the garden and how often? thanks for any advice.....our garden looks so pretty i hate to see it disintegrate into nothing but some stems!

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  1:24:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
http://www.planetnatural.com/site/garlic-barrier.html
Sue - On this website, they sell a bottle of garlic barrier concentrate. You mix one part to nine parts water and spray it on. My dh and I have been using a similar product for the past two years(looks like it might be 'that time' here. I'll check tomorrow). We have had fantastic results spraying just garlic water(we got ours from a parks department guy in Indiana - he would order some extra for us. I think the only ingredients are garlic and water) on everything. We went from skeletonized trees/vines/plants to everything looking normal again.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  4:07:32 PM  Show Profile