Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 DO YOU KNOW WHAT I FIND AMAZING??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic DO YOU KNOW WHAT I FIND AMAZING?? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  04:40:38 AM  Show Profile
Well a lot of things. But what I was thinking about this morning is how we really don't know each other but yet we think about each other.
There was a response this morning on one of my posts from Jessica that said she was thinking about me this past weekend when she was someplace. I do the same thing, I will tell my friend," Iknow someone that would like that" or I will say, "one of the girls told me about this or how to do that". She looks at me and says who? Well you know the girls at the MJ site.
The other thing is, I put four scoops in my coffee maker instead of three and I feel like painting the house and putting in a new driveway. Ok better have a glass of milk and see if I can calm down.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  04:57:17 AM  Show Profile
Good mornin Nancy Jo, You have already given me a good laugh to start my day! You and your coffee. I know what you mean about knowing each other but not really. I havent been here long but have already made some great connections. Such a great bunch of gals! Hope you have a great day. Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  05:37:04 AM  Show Profile
Girl you are amazing

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  06:01:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I vote for painting the house. Much easier than the driveway thing.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  06:10:22 AM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
Funny stuff Nancy! But you are so right about the knowin' people. I called my daughter at work the other day and told her to write down something I had read on MJF site. She did, cause she knew it had to be good if I got it from here. Get out the brushes and start painting-a new driveway sounds way too much like hard work-hee hee.

Let's dance in the rain and play in the puddles under the rainbows.
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  06:48:22 AM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
I know what you mean Nancy Jo! I was telling my MIL something that I read on the site...she asked me where I had heard it, and I told her from one of my MaryJane girls!!!

Samantha

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  06:54:49 AM  Show Profile
I do the same thing---no, not paint the house---but think about others that I have met here--on the forum. You know, 'oh Nancy Jo would like this or Sue told me how to make that--the list goes on. Everyone is so real and, of course, likeable. Oh well, hand me a paintbrush--I'm right beside ya. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Edited by - Marybeth on Jun 25 2008 06:56:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

aimeeravae
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Aimee
Deer River MN
USA
341 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  07:04:19 AM  Show Profile
I do it too. One of the farmgirls said...so&so does it this way. I say the driveway, That's something you have to hire done. LOL Then paint at the same time.

Aimee

http://laplantewardklopf.blogspot.com/ Motto To Live By
"Life should NOT be a jouney to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  07:05:51 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Nancy Jo.... I find myself doing it to...I have picked up so many "farmgirlism(s)"...... There is a country song called "good friends and a glass of wine"......I find that in the evenings; it is a great place to unwind from the day... and I couldnt imagine not saying "hello" first thing in the morning....Aren't we all so blessed?

Jeff Foxworthy has a book out on definitions of "redneck isms", maybe we will need to start one for "farmgirl - isms".. what do ya think?

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  09:59:57 AM  Show Profile
I feel the same way...and my kids are sure clued into it. Whenever something comes in the mail or I have something or do something they haven't seen before they just assume it is from a farmgirl friend..and it usually is.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  11:38:37 AM  Show Profile
nancy .. i have found that so true all through life -- when we cross each other's lives on this journey through life .. often it is the 'little things' that nestle in our hearts. knowing what our firends and loved ones like and don't like. i often find myself shopping for a friend when i least expect it .. because i come across something and think of them and smile.

i have friends who love 'birds' .. and some who love 'books' .. of course, lots who love dolls .. and baskets .. and christmas or lambs (i find tht i can get kinda' selfish with those .. cuz' i collect them for my great grandsobnandrew LAMBert! .. pretty teacups, fairies, each reminds me of a dear friend.

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  12:09:39 PM  Show Profile
I tell my hubby important information I find out here all the time. And he listens! My daughter definitely knows all about this place, and to tell you the truth I never thought I would find a place like this where friendshps are formed by reading each other's posts. It makes me think back to the day when letters and post cards by mail sometimes formed friendships that lasted forever.

By the way, Nancy Jo, I was in Goodwill yesterday, and saw a piece of the pottery you are collecting......I should have bought it! Thought of you first thing.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  1:43:09 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo, i wish you lived closer, you could come over and I'd put five scoops of coffee in the coffee maker and we could paint the house, the barn and fix the driveway too.
I know what you mean, I found something the other day that immediately made me think of all you farmgirls. This site has been such a treat for me, it is lovely to meet and share our stories with each other. I think a lot of us grew up in a time so totally different than today's world. I remember the things I loved most in my childhood, running through the clothes on the line, the sheets made the best noise, reading under a big horse chestnut tree, going to the beach, very simple pleasures. I feel so inundated with information these days sometimes aI choose not to read about it, but this site is such a safe place to be. Bravo to all the farmgirls! Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  1:47:38 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I talk about all ya'll like you are my neighbors up the road. I tell my hubby I was "chatting" with the gals and he thinks you live in the same apartment complex. HA!!!

It is funny, I used to google for information, now I just come here because someone always has an answer.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  2:57:56 PM  Show Profile
Ain't that the truth! Nancy you are such a hoot and I can't believe I missed your post this morning! I literally look for your name out there and make a beeline to anything you post because you are so funny and interesting and you always "make my day" (in a good way). And I hate to tell you but I was up at that hour too! You make me laugh out loud! To be honest I have never blogged/posted, whatever you call it, before and I could go days at a time with out seeing or hearing from anyone (especially if my daughter was out of town). But since I have come to know you gals I feel like I am in touch with people all the time and it is so fun and comforting and I feel like I have the best group of girlfriends anyone could want and I do! Especially that Nancy Jo ...you crack me up girlfriend! I say get that jackhammer out and show em' how it's done!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  4:01:57 PM  Show Profile
our computer is upstairs in my daughter's room....after i go up there, i'll go down and sometimes tell dick things that i've read/learned....what's going on in other parts of the country (that part in particular fascinates me!!?) anyway, he refers to you all as "the girls upstairs!!" now, i even do it.....the girl's upstairs told me how to.....!! have a really great day everyone!!
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  4:49:13 PM  Show Profile
Oh..I like that Sue!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9371 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9371 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  5:50:06 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jenny,
My kids are the same way. "Mom something came for you today, must be a farmgirl thing".
I guess they figure any mail I get has to be from a farmgirl. LOL Usually it is a package and they don't even pay any mind to the fact that it has a company's name on it.

Nancy Jo,
When I mentioned something at work about a topic they are starting to realize that it is from "a forum I'm on". They all seem to enjoy seeing me work on my swaps. They think it is cool that we swap things we have made and such.

Denise

farmgirl sister #43

"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tidy Aprons
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Oney Farmgirl #638
Colorado
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  07:43:48 AM  Show Profile
Since I'm new here I cruised around to read some older posts. I thought it would be fun to 'ressurect' one from exactly one year ago. Call me strange. It's okay. ;)

~Oney~
"There's something a little holy in taking care of the places we inhabit, in summoning sheen. And there's a power in watching over our spaces, the rooms we move within, the sets where our life stories unfold." ~Lori Hall Steele
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  07:47:46 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I talk about ya'll like we have been hanging out for years. Scott just looks at me like I am crazy but that is ok, I am used to that!!! : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  08:29:10 AM  Show Profile
Oney - perfect!

Nancy Jo,

Even though I have only been on a few months I feel like I have gotten to know a great bunch of girls. Whenever I see the Violets in my garden, I think of Jonni, whenever I do laundry using my farmgirl detergent I think of alot of you gals, when I see pigs I reminded of Jessie, and her love of pigs :) So many other girls cross my mind too!

Regarding coffee, you should try a French Press Nancy Jo :) Mmmm good!

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  08:55:27 AM  Show Profile
This thread was a year ago and I still feel the same. WOW!!!
I'm with you Nancy Jo---I do the very same thing. It is like all of you are my good friends. And I guess you are. Some more special but all SPECIAL. Some I know better than others but I feel I know you all. May door is always open for any one or two or---you know what I mean. Come on over!!
So what color do you think you will paint the house? Inside or out? floors too? Inquiring minds want to know. Now go lay down. Should I send Bingo over? MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Edited by - Marybeth on Jun 25 2009 08:56:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  09:37:12 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, It's because of all the talking you did when we were at the thrift store that made me want to check out this site, you were 100% right. The farngirls are the best, so are you.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  09:45:43 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
I do that all the time, Nancy! Glad to know I'm not the only one and you all do it too. lol!! Plus, I end up realizing HOW MUCH I'VE LEARNED from this site and all you girls!!! I can do so much more farmgirl things since coming here a year ago! Wow!

~~~~
http://nightbirdtrading.etsy.com
http://www.stevietribute.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  10:49:22 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo:
I hear you! I'm always telling my DH about "Alee saying how to use vinegar, or Annika saying..., or Heather moving." DH says who is Alee? Annika? Heather? I look at him like, "The MJF". LOL
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  10:50:33 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Scott is like "THEM there Farmgirl's right????" HA!! I think it is so cute..

Heather

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic DO YOU KNOW WHAT I FIND AMAZING?? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page