Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  10:15:47 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Brenda! Brenda is my best friend's name and a very pretty one I think. I'm from east central Kentucky. It's nice to meet you!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  10:47:38 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
welcome from the last frontier! i have been thru la some many years ago. went swimming down by lake charles. the water was so warm! our water here is about 50 degrees even in the heat of summer! peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  06:37:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Brenda, and welcome! Doyline? I'm just south of Ringgold, so we're real close! Also, it's quite a coincidence, but my husband's family is from Marksville. I'm willing to bet that either his mom knows your grandmother, or your grandmother might have either been taught school by Geraldine Gagnard, or was an aquaintence of hers (Mrs. G was a great friend of mine!) Wow! Isn't it funny how small this old world gets sometimes? I'm looking forward to hearing more from you!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  06:50:32 AM  Show Profile
welcome miz brenda .. you'll love it here.

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  07:48:56 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Brenda from a Georgia farm Gal! You will love it here.
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  6:12:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies!!
Thank you so much for making me feel welcome. I really look forward to getting to know all of you and learning as much as I can. You are all so very nice and friendly and that is a trait that seems to be fading in folks today. I'm so glad to have found all of you. I just recieved my very first issue of MJF magazine. I have been immersed in it. I love it!! I look forward to trying out those apron curtains and I would love to know where I can find more of Mary Jane's apron patterns? I noticed a very pretty full length one with a triangle shaped pocket and the same triangle on the bodice. I would love to make that one.

Hi Julie!! See me waving? You are very close to me indeed! I pass through Heflin and Ringold on my way to Winnfield to visit my parents. Maybe we can meet up sometime. How often do you make it to Minden?

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  05:47:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Brenda! Yep. That IS you waving! I only go to Minden when I absolutely HAVE to -- I just hate leaving the farm! Since I work in Shreveport two days a week, I usually do all my errands there. However, I can always head that way if it means meeting up with a farmgirl! And, if you ever head south, we actually live off of 371 around 3 miles north of Hall Summit. You can always email me directly and we can visit, and hopefully, make arrangements to meet up or have lunch or something. Let me know!!!!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  9:54:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Brenda:
Welcome from Louisiana. I live in the Southwest part. About thirty minutes south of Lafayette. I have 7 cats, and one dog. My husband and I had a small garden this year, and planted many, many flowers. I love elephant ears planted all over. They are just great big green looking flowers that look just like an elephants ear!!!! I love to read, do you? It is nice that you've joined the Farm site. It is a great place to just hang out. Take care Brenda. Have a happy day.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  2:34:57 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Brenda from Georgia! You will LOVE this site.
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  1:54:48 PM  Show Profile
Oh, elephant ears are so gorgeous! I had planted some near my pond a few years ago, but those darn fire ants ate them!! They destroy just about everything they come in contact with around here. It is a challenge harvest anything from the garden before they get to it.

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

Buffalomary
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Mary
Caldwell ID
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  7:37:05 PM  Show Profile
Hello and Welcome from SW Idaho!! This is a great place!!

You can take the farmer's daughter off the farm but you can't take the farm out of the farmer's daughter!!
Go to Top of Page

the bees knees
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Joyce
Monroe LA
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  9:05:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi Brenda,

I am so excited to see someone so close to me on here, I live in Monroe, LA...I come through Minden pretty often...we should meet someday...I have a DH, 2 sons, a dog and a cat...have you ever been to the quilt shop over there called Nona's? I haven't yet, but would like to check it out...I love to sew!!! Again, welcome!!!

Farmgirl Sister #82-Joyce of 'The Shabby Girls'
www.thepurleebee.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

KatyDo
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Kaye
Uintah UT
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  3:26:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi Brenda,
Welcome - from Utah
Katy

Follow Your Bliss
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  3:38:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Brenda. You are a long way from me.. But I'm waving from my front porch!

Keep life simple, to Simply live. Life is too short to worry about it.
Go to Top of Page

LunaTheFarmLady
True Blue Farmgirl

448 Posts

Luna
Rineyville KY
USA
448 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2008 :  2:23:16 PM  Show Profile
Hello and Welcome to all you new ladies! I'm just back from a little hiatus and all these wonderful new voices and posting. I'm checking them all out slowly. Mean time, glad to have you here. It's home, after all...

Luna The Farm Lady
http://blueballmountainspindleneedleworks.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

bushelnpeck
True Blue Farmgirl

262 Posts

Debbie
Sparks Nv
USA
262 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2008 :  4:53:13 PM  Show Profile  Send bushelnpeck an AOL message
Hello Brenda,I agree with everyone about this place, sounds like we were all just waiting for you to get here, you've already got a built in network going... come often and enjoy...Debbie

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all
Emily Dickenson
Go to Top of Page

22shortie
True Blue Farmgirl

329 Posts

rebekah
sulphur la
USA
329 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2008 :  11:04:20 AM  Show Profile
WELCOME! I'm so glad we have another southern girl in here! I'm near Lake Charles La...not sure where Brenda La is though : )

Fresh and creative projects popping up on my blog daily! Stop by and check out what I'm up to today!

http://pumpkinseed-unscripted.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hi from Louisiana! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page