Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  09:15:15 AM  Show Profile
Wow!! This is great! I have been reading the post for a while now and decided to join. It's is nice to know that their are other ladies just like me. I am from Northwest Louisiana, married for nineteen years and homeschool my two kids. I currently have 1 Dalmatian and 2 inside kitties. We use to have Rhode Island Reds and Rex bunnies. I hope to get milk goats (I love goats) and maybe some Buff Orpingtons or Aracaunas one day. I love the country life and this already feels like home. Thanks for having me. I look forward to getting to know ya'll. Is there anyone else from Louisiana here?

"Love one another."

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  09:21:15 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, I'm not from Louisiana, I'm from southeast Texas, but wanted to say "hi" to you! Nice to meet you!

Caron
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  09:41:06 AM  Show Profile
WElcome to the group Brenda!! I am glad you found us...You TOO Caron...I don't think I welcomed you!! This is so fun..all these new gals lately! It will be fun to get to know you. I have never been to Lousiana (or Texas) but they both sound like great places.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  10:00:20 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, Welcome!!! You are going to love it here!! I am from Arizona, but I am sure you will find some other ladies from Louisiana! Have fun!!
Monica
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  1:09:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Hi, Brenda. Glad you decided to jump in! Welcome!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  1:11:21 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, A big georgia welcome shout out to you. Glad you found us. Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  5:56:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi Brenda,
Welcome to the farm. One more Louisana girl is wonderful.
Carol Sue

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  6:01:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi Brenda! There are some other mudbugs lurking around here (sorry, my daddy was one--from Tioga, LA). Where is Doyline?

I'm from Northern Kentucky, just south of Cincinnati, but I sure do love the sultry weather in Louisiana, and all those old trees a hangin' over. Sounds like you've got a wonderful life. Can't wait to learn more!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  6:24:25 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Brenda and welcome!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Quintessential Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

175 Posts

Kate
Tyler TX
USA
175 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  6:50:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi Brenda,
Hi from Tyler TX. My daddy was born and raised in Breaux Bridge, LA...and 100% Cajun. So they say...if one of your parents is a Cajun, then you are a Cajun. Spent lots of time down there when I was a kid. Actually went to the Crawfish Festival there in BB a couple of years ago...and ran in to cousins I didn't even know I had.
Anyway..........Welcome!!!! You're gonna love it here.

Peace, Kate

Farmgirl sister #234

http://quintessentialkate.blogspot.com

Today is my best day!
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  7:14:42 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
Hello Brenda...glad you joined our "family"...I love goats too...we are trying to find a couple ourselves! Can't wait to learn more about you!

Samantha

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  8:22:45 PM  Show Profile
Welcome from a Louisiana girl!!!
You'll find this a fun place to be!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

annefannie
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

Ann
Corona California
USA
60 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  10:25:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Brenda, I am from Southern California, Welcome! You will love it here, the ladies are so friendly!
Love, Ann

Anne Fannie
Farm Girl # 189
http://annefannie.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5669677
Go to Top of Page

handyam
True Blue Farmgirl

394 Posts

Ada Mae
Greensburg KY.
USA
394 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  05:28:11 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Brenda from a farmgirl in south central Kentucky. You're gonna love this site. Such nice, helpful people here.

www.adasadorableaprons.blogspot.com

This is the day that the Lord has made.
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  05:15:25 AM  Show Profile
Thank you to all of you ladies for such a warm welcome. I am so happy to be here with ya'll and I am so eager to learn from each of you. I remember as a little girl going out in the pasture with my grandma to milk Baby, her Jersy cow. We would milk in the middle of the pasture! That was such a sweet cow.

Jonnie,
I know exactly where Tioga is! My Cajun grandma lives in Marksville. Doyline is a little ole town nestled between Minden and Bossier City, LA. I would love visit Kentucky sometime. Boiling mudbugs is an Easter tradition around here. I am glad to meet ya!

Kate,
I have been to Tyler many times. We love to go to the Caldwell Zoo and I can't resist stopping on the side of the road to bring home a Tyler rose bush or two. Actually, I was born and raised in New Orleans. I am Cajun from my moma's side. My daddy had the good sense to move us to North Louisiana while I was still a kid. I have been here ever since. I am glad to know that your not that far away!!

Autumn,
Where down south are you located? I am happy to see another Louisiana girl here.

You have all have made me feel right at home. Thank you so much!

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  05:34:57 AM  Show Profile
I know where Marksville, is, Brenda! Such a small world (indeed)...Doyline sounds like a lovely little place--maybe we could swap visits sometimes--you come here, and I'll come there after!!! Sure would love to see my daddy's "cross roads" where he was born, as he referred to Tioga. He was born there in 1923, to some wildcatters (for oil) and I bet there wasn't MUCH going on in Tioga...still not much, I don't believe :)

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  05:53:58 AM  Show Profile
Im just west of Lake Charles.
Hubby was born & raised a few miles from here.

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  2:10:34 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, i've driven through Louisiana once, a long time ago, I loved it, especially all that great food! You are going to have a lot of fun here...Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  2:19:11 PM  Show Profile

"Im just west of Lake Charles."

Autumn, my hubby and I were at Nibletts Bluff Park a couple of months ago for an event. We are Civil War reeenactors and our camp was set up there.

Caron
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  2:20:50 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Brenda and Caron too! Diito from me...you'll love it here! Great people, great learning and great kindnesses go on here all the time....everything you need as a Farmgirl is right here! I'm a little north of you in Arkansas...well..a lot north actually since I'm in the northern part of AR! LOL! Great to have you here....maybe we could get some great Cajun recipes from you sometime....oh! la! la!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlkate
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

kate
bryan TX
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  2:25:57 PM  Show Profile
Howdy Brenda! I'm over here in south central texas. I love LA! I'm so glad you made it here-I know you're gonna fit right in and be real happy here.
~kate

"You only have what you give...""
Go to Top of Page

fiddlegirl89
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Kayla
Dunnville KY
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  8:41:58 PM  Show Profile  Send fiddlegirl89 an AOL message  Send fiddlegirl89 a Yahoo! Message
Well, I've never been to LA...I'm orginally from GA, and now KY. But my grandfather's new wife (they've been married for 5 years) is from LA...does that count?! She cooked for Justin Wilson once! He was a friend of her brother....Judge Marion Edwards....he called her one day and told her he was bringing Justin Wilson home for supper! Yikes!

Caron...my brother is a Civil War reenactor, as well as a blacksmith. Most of the time he sets up his forge at reenactments, and then leaves it long enough to go fight!

http://www.custerfamilyfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  06:17:07 AM  Show Profile

"Caron...my brother is a Civil War reenactor, as well as a blacksmith. Most of the time he sets up his forge at reenactments, and then leaves it long enough to go fight!"

Oh yes, I love to watch those battles! Our unit is light artillery so my hubby and the other men fire the big cannons! I didn't think I would love reenacting so much but it is so much fun to study history and to share it with others,to act it out. Children especially really get a lot out of seeing the uniforms, campfire cooking, the cannons,watching the battles etc.

Caron

Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  1:23:00 PM  Show Profile
I would have been so nervous cooking for Justin Wilson. I probably would have burnt everything! I used to like watching him on TV. My fav cajun chef today is John Folse. His gumbo is lip smackin good. Just like the way my grandma use to make it when she was able to. I want to thank all of you for making me feel at home here. All of the warm welcomes and friendliness here is very much appreciated. I think I'll stay forever! :)
Have a great day ya'll!

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

whispering pines
True Blue Farmgirl

428 Posts

patricia
sedro woolley wa
USA
428 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  1:31:59 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Brenda, I live in Washington now but I lived in Marksville for 23 year. You will enjoy it here. Again welcome...

"Greetings from the Gateway to the North Cascades."
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  2:27:32 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Brenda,
Hi from washington State.. Welcome!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hi from Louisiana! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page