Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 MaryJane's Organic Corn Bread Mix.......
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic MaryJane's Organic Corn Bread Mix....... Next Topic  

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  06:32:19 AM  Show Profile
Makes the best pancakes!! With a few adjustments, you can have sweet, crispy, crunchy cormeal pancakes for breakfast!
Here's how I made them:

3/4 cup Corn Bread Mix
1 egg
1 cup milk

Mix together well. Melt butter in a skillet or griddle and ladle on the batter. Cook over medium heat until bubbles form and break. Turn over and cook on the other side until browned. (Not very long!)
Serve with syrup and more butter.
They are so delicious and so easy! I had them for breakfast this morning, sitting on the back porch watching the chickens. I think they were jealous.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  06:34:14 AM  Show Profile
Yum!!!! Can I come over! I wanna eat pancakes with you and watch your chicks! Love ya Karin!

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  07:00:34 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Yummmma! Karin....

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  07:28:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Oh, my goodness! Just the thought and I can feel myself starting to drool - LOL! I think I'm jealous of your chickens just being in sight and smell of your pancakes! :D

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  07:41:13 AM  Show Profile
Yummy! And here I just had a pop tart! Sounds like a great idea for a good, healthy breakfast (well, minus the butter, but what would pancakes be without BUTTER!!!)

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  09:44:09 AM  Show Profile
That sounds SO good..now I need to run see if I have a cornbread mix!!! I might have one on hand..and if so...I will have pancakes for lunch..yum!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic MaryJane's Organic Corn Bread Mix....... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page