Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Cool enough in KY tonight to make a fire in the
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Cool enough in KY tonight to make a fire in the Next Topic  

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  6:32:29 PM  Show Profile
firepit down at the bottomland near the creek. It's soooo lovely here, tonight. We've actually had a wonderful week of weather, and haven't had the ac on since Sunday (cross fingers for a decent bill next month!). Jus decided we needed to build a fire and we all (us + 4 dogs) went down and finished a nice glass of wine after dinner, and talked about the months to come.

Hope you all have had a wonderful Monday night, too

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/

8chickens
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

teresa
22309 ester ridge sunman
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  7:01:48 PM  Show Profile
Hello! I'm in southeast IN and you're right. The weather has been great. Are you a Ruffian Fan? I have been since I watched the match race some 33 yrs. ago. What a sad story, but what an amazing animal.
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  7:03:07 PM  Show Profile
Haha Jonni, once again, you are making it irresistible to pass KY by...seems like a magical place

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lilyblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

416 Posts

Donna
Evansville IN
USA
416 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  7:03:16 PM  Show Profile
Sitting by the fire listening to the water in the creek flow by...sounds like a wonderful way to end a Monday. We haven't need the AC here either for about a week.

Donna...true blue KY farmgirl, farmgirl #86
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  7:26:09 PM  Show Profile
Zan, you can fly in to Cinn and come on down with Jonnie the 4th of July weekend, we are hoping to have several of the girls here, We are having a big orchard sale here

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  7:40:09 PM  Show Profile
Zan if you come, I gotta meet you!! Gotta love a NYC farmgirl that has bumped elbows with Tasha Tudor royalty!
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  7:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
Ok, Jonni, you keep talking and I just might have to come and join...didn't have the awesome weather, but a nice bottle of Merlot is helping me through all of that!!! Enjoy it for all of us.

Sam

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  8:28:24 PM  Show Profile
Zan, Samantha, Kentucky awaits you...Miss Wilma's right...you can fly into Cincy or into Louisville and I'll just pick you up on my way south :) Sam, no Merlot my way tonight, a nice Chenin Blanc, though :)

Donna--it's been real nice, here. Glad to know the further south, it's nice, too. I guess that will change by Wednesday, but we've been lucky. This is what I remember summers like as a little girl..except in Henderson. There it was so hot, you could fry an egg on the sidewalk :)

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  8:31:09 PM  Show Profile
Teresa, I am, indeed a Ruffian fan. My daddy was a jockey and later a racing official, so I grew up on the backside (and frontside) of the racetrack. Always intrigued (and saddened) by her run....She was an amazing horse. Never one better, I don't think. That quote, the one in my signature, is the (to me) the most beautiful and ambiguous thing anyone could say...could be about a woman, but it's about a racehorse. Love it.

Hey, I know exactly where Sunman is...you are not at all far from me, girl! We need to get a "tri state" farmgirls gathering togther, too!!!

Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  9:55:00 PM  Show Profile
Hehee guys, you are the best. I'll have to think about the flying over, I'm long overdue to meet everyone!!

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

And Blogs:
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  9:56:03 PM  Show Profile
Or...everyone could just come one over to New York, I have a LARGE apartment...and I cook!

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

And Blogs:
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  10:35:54 PM  Show Profile
It sure has been a beautiful night in Kentucky. We put the windows up to listen to the sounds outside. :) Thank goodness the cicadas are pretty much gone!!

~Jessica in Kentucky & Farmgirl Sisterhood #137~
Be sure to visit my blog & Crafty Clipart for some of my photographs:
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftyclipart.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  12:43:05 AM  Show Profile
What an awesome night you girls were having.
Jonni, sitting down by the creek with a fire going and a glass of wine, absolutely perfect. To have water I will have to figure out a water feature of some kind by my firepit.....hmmmmm another project.....lol

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

8chickens
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

teresa
22309 ester ridge sunman
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  1:17:07 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by KYgurlsrbest

Teresa, I am, indeed a Ruffian fan. My daddy was a jockey and later a racing official, so I grew up on the backside (and frontside) of the racetrack. Always intrigued (and saddened) by her run....She was an amazing horse. Never one better, I don't think. That quote, the one in my signature, is the (to me) the most beautiful and ambiguous thing anyone could say...could be about a woman, but it's about a racehorse. Love it.

Hey, I know exactly where Sunman is...you are not at all far from me, girl! We need to get a "tri state" farmgirls gathering togther, too!!!

Go to Top of Page

8chickens
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

teresa
22309 ester ridge sunman
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  1:21:07 PM  Show Profile
Jonni, WOW-what a life you have had. Can only imagine the things you know and have seen.
I'm new to this whole forum thing but have been a farmgirl my whole life. How far are you from Sunman?
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  1:26:22 PM  Show Profile
It has been fun, for sure, Teresa. I'm so glad you're on the forum, now--it's a wonderful place to be. I guess I've been on for a couple of years, can't really remember. Seems like yesterday, though :)

i'm only about 35-45 mins by the 275 loop. Not far at all. We should absolutely get together sometime on a weekend. Would love to meet up and know more about YOUR farmgirl lifestyle!

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Cool enough in KY tonight to make a fire in the Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page