Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 Product Question
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Product Question Next Topic  

matty
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Martha
Piney Creek NC
USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  6:28:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi,

When MJ announced the Belk partnership for linens, I was thrilled! I love the MJ designs and thought, "Finally! American made linens!" Wrong. They are made overseas.

I am baffled why, when MJ endorses F.A.R.M. that a product with her name and endorsement is made overseas. Can someone help me reconcile these opposing ideas?
Thanks!

Looking for NC Farm Girls in the NW Mtns. !

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16374 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16374 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  8:07:42 PM  Show Profile
I encourage farmgirls to read and stay informed, more important, be COMPASSIONATE ALWAYS. "Till all are free, no one is free; one bound, all bound." In 1998, the World Bank's policies forced India to open its seed sector to global agribusiness giants. As a result, traditional farm-saved seeds have been replaced with genetically engineered seeds, which are non-renewable, thus requiring repurchase for each growing season. What was once a self-renewing resource and gift from the Earth has now become a corporate commodity and a costly investment that farmers must make each season. This has led to poverty and severe indebtedness. In futile attempts to relieve themselve of debt, some farmers have even sold their own organs. When these attempts fail to rectify their financial situations, many farmers find no way out but suicide. Over 25,000 Indian farmers have taken their own lives. Organic cotton projects, which avoid the use of fertilizers and pesticides and provide farmers with non-genetically engineered seed, are helping. There has not been a single case of farmer's suicide in areas where organic cotton is grown. In the next issue of MaryJanesFarm, you will meet an organic farm family in India. Page after page of photos will take you on the journey of a tiny organic cotton seed from when it is planted to when it ends up as sheets on store shelves. Buy a copy, July 15.
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Product Question Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page