Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 Farmgirl Bumper Sticker
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Farmgirl Bumper Sticker Next Topic  

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  08:08:29 AM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Okay, I wasn't sure where to post this question so I'll try it here. What do you say when someone asks you - What is a MaryJane farmgirl when they see your bumper sticker? I just got mine and I could go on and on about what being a farmgirl is to me.... I was just wondering....
Thank you,

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Member, Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

aimeeravae
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Aimee
Deer River MN
USA
341 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  09:57:49 AM  Show Profile
Where can I get the farmgirl bumper sticker?

Aimee

"Taking joy in life is a woman's best cosmetic."-Rosalind Russell
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  10:05:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Aimee- Are you a member of a chapter? The chapter leader gets some to give out to all chapter members.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlkate
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

kate
bryan TX
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  10:07:29 AM  Show Profile
I just got mine last week and haven't had time to put one on my truck yet, but I have been wondering myself what I would say when asked..anyone? How do you keep it down to a sentence or so?
kate

"You only have what you give...""
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  10:14:39 AM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Okay, yep I got mine when I joined the Crafty Bay Farmgirls chapter here in Maryland. I just became a member on Saturday and I haven't put the sticker on my car yet. But I'm sure going to. Thanks Kate because you're like me, I could just go on for hours about how much I love the site, the books, the magazine, the other farmgirls, and on and on and on. See what I mean?? LOL

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Go to Top of Page

NikkiSAllen
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Nikki
Aurora IN
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  10:35:42 AM  Show Profile
So, can you only get a bumper sticker if you belong to a chapter?

Nikki
Go to Top of Page

Sunny
True Blue Farmgirl

120 Posts

120 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  10:40:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls!

Good question! It IS hard to sum up all the things "farmgirl" stands for, especially in one or two sentences. But we've tried to make quick little "info bites" on our farmgirl calling cards to help introduce some of the concepts to people easily.

Eight calling cards are given to all members of Farmgirl Chapters for ease of handing out to curious folks. Of course, directing them to the Web site also works, but the cards are nice reminders for people to go check our site out. (If anyone needs more cards, just ask!)

Or, you might pick out a few quotes from the opening pages of the Farmgirl Connection Chat Room to have as quick replies to the question, "What's a farmgirl?"

One belief we all share, whether we have land or not, is that "Farmgirl is a condition of the heart." And we believe that for farmgirls, absolutely anything is possible!

I hope that helps, and thanks for asking!

~Sunny

Farmgirl Sister #4

You never know what each day will bring, so laugh, love, sing.
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  11:10:11 AM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Hey Sunny, Nice to meet you! Thank you for the reply. I did get the cards and didn't think to hand them out when someone asked about the bumper sticker. Great great idea!! I was afraid to ask this question because I thought others might think it was, well, a silly thing to ask. But I'm glad I did now. Being a farmgirl is many, many things to all of us. And you know, we may find some farmgirls who are looking to become part of this wonderful community that I am proud to now be a part of ! Thank you!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  11:44:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi All!

I am not 100% sure about the bumper stickers as to whether they have a nominal charge or how that is. However anyone who would like one can surely email The Farm at iris@maryjanesfarm.org and they will be able to help you with that.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

NikkiSAllen
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Nikki
Aurora IN
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  12:16:35 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Alee! I'll shoot an e-mail over to them about the bumper sticker!

Nikki
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  12:53:10 PM  Show Profile
LOL! You tell them whatever you want. I'm a kooky klucker so you can just imagine whats going to happen when i get my bumper sticker...lol
hugs
jess

Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug. -- Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  3:39:09 PM  Show Profile
I would really love a bumper sticker also.....I will send an email.
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  4:59:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kate-

I carry my Farmgirl cards in my purse and hand them out when asked about it. I also almost always have an issue of the magazine or one of the books with me so I can show them what I mean about MaryJane's farm. It is hard to talk about it because there are so many dimensions, but mostly I say that it is a network of like-minded women all over the country who I can talk to and share with. Like having farm neighbors, only so many more that could fit in my county!!

carrie m

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  3:53:35 PM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Cool ideas. I took my sheet of Farmgirl cards to Office Depot and had two copies made so I could carry a supply in my car to give out. Having a copy of the magazine is a great idea too! Thank you.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  7:49:19 PM  Show Profile
Maybe you can get a bumpers sticker if you're a member of the Sisterhood? There are no "real" chapters in my area for me to join, but I am a member of the Sisterhood, so it'd be nice to have a bumpersticker and tell people about us when they ask.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  07:38:43 AM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Hey Sherri, Check out Alee's message of June 2 above - about getting a bumper sticker.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  9:31:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Hey Carol - make sure you have the sticker on your car Sunday, girlfriend! lol

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Farmgirl Bumper Sticker Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page