CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2008 :  09:06:08 AM  Show Profile
another beautiful day in toledo! sun shining.. birds are singing.

frankie has taken the kids to church and 'amish visiting' (that's what wednesday calls their saturday or sunday round of visits to all the grandparents and great grandparents homes for a visit.) i love that the children see and get to know and love their grands. (oh gosh .. a beautiful bright yellow finch has just landed on the branch of a tree outside the window .. just checking in to put a smile on my face).

wednesday, iszabel and i have stayed home this morning. i love our 'alone' times when wednesday and i get to just sit together and talk and talk and talk. she held iszabel the whole while and i loved the 'circle of life' .. the three generations of 'women' sitting together.

i think we are going to go for a little 'outing' today (iszabel is TWO WEEKS old today .. and has only been out in the yard for some fresh air and 'vitamin d' sunshine. wednesday will still not take her 'among people' just yet .. but a short car ride is on the agenda. i asked wednesday if she is getting 'cabin fever' yet .. she assured me she is perfectly content to stay at home with her babies!

i will only be here for the rest of this week .. before leaving for awhile to head back to kentucky. (taking lucas with me) .. honey hunk returns from his big BIKE VIRGINIA trip late this week .. it will be wonderful being 'back home' with him again.

i know i will be missed up here. in addition to being a 'great grammie' .. i've accomplished much since being here. (gonna' hang new doors today!!!)

got up early this morning and played with sofia who is also an early riser. fed her breakfast .. she, at almost two years old, 'experiments' .. and sprinkled a glass full of milk from her 'sippy cup' all over the floor, table and chairs! .. hmmmm .. that led to washing all the floors (got wednesday one of those new 'steam floor cleaners' .. don't need 'cleaning products' ... LOVE IT!!!! gonna' get me one for home too!!! have any of you girls ever used these?

also did two loads of laundry .. cleaned the cat box (i moved the cats and their boxes, food and water to a little spot in the GARAGE ..they used to live 'in the basement'!!! wednesday does not let them upstairs with the babies! i'm trying to convince them to let me take one of them (patches) home to kentucky with me.

well, i best get off this 'machine' and go play! have a grande day! xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2008 :  11:11:06 AM  Show Profile
What a lovely time you are having! All of you are going to have some wonderful memories of this time together.Wednesday will surely miss all the help you have been to her. It is nice to get home too isn't it? Hank will have plenty to tell you too! I bet he had a great time on his bike trip. Do you ever go with him on any of these bike trips or are they for just the guys? How is your pump working out for you Frannie? It is nice to see you posting and keeping us caught up with all you are doing in Toledo. Have a great trip home, I know you are very missed by your friends at home.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2008 :  12:44:36 PM  Show Profile
Go play? You have been doing lots of work! But I know it is a joy for you. it certainly is for me when those times come round. Wednesday is lulcky to have you for so much support and help. Will she go back to work after this thrid one?

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2008 :  3:44:21 PM  Show Profile
hi girls .. mj .. this is hank's 18th year doing the summer week long BIKE VIRGINIA trip ... i have been on about 3/4's of them with him .. but it always comes at the hottest time of the year. i never 'rode' .. i'm not a 'biker' .. especially in hot, hot heat!

when i go .. in the early morning .. we have breakfast together .. then hank takes off for his ride (without about a thousand other bikers .. i would then take off to nearby quaint and historic towns to tour them and hit every antiques shoppe in each town. he would be back about 3 p.m. .. work out (ha! like he needs to do THT after riding 50 to a hundred miles!!! take a shower .. andi would meet him back in the 'host town' for the evening .. we'd hang together .. have dinner and attend some fun event that the towns plan for us each evening. usually we camped out .. but occasionally we'd stay at a quaint hotel in town.

when i spoke with hank today .. he said he thought this would be his 'last year' .. ha! i told him i had just been thinking that NEXT YEAR .. i'd go with him. he liked that .. and might do another year. it would be fun to take our two grandsons next years!

hi jeannie .. gosh .. i am getting my 'playing' in too. lucas and i play sevefral 'games' a day. he has just about every game made!! i've been taking walks with sofia in the mornings. took them both to the zoo yesterday .. and lucas and i had a fantastic time visiting 'sauder village' (pioneer town). AND .. we've been to the 'movies' a couple times too. my fav has been Kung Fu Panda! what a scream .. and it actually had some great 'messages'. jack black pays PO (the panda) .. and he is a scream! we've also gotten some fun 'netflix' movies and watched them on my laptop computer. (there dvd broke!)

sofia LOVES to go 'shopping' with me!!! the only thing i haven't done since being here is to 'sew' on my 'dollies'. i figure there will be plenty of time to do that when i go back to kentucky.

i do miss the 'gurlfrenz' .. but know we shall gather again soon.

the 'work' i've been doing here has been a delight. i've pretty much finished all i want to do with the cabins back in kentucky .. and i love decorating and fixing up .. and now i get to do it some more.

most of all .. i am delighting in the children.

oh .. i also finished reading all the MAGIC TREEHOUSE books to lucas .. and want to find a 'new' seires he would enjoy .. where i can change the main characters to: IZZY (Iszabel ... Fifi (Sofia) and Prince Luco (Lucas). I went through thirty some books of the Magic Treehouse .. and changed EVERY Jack and Annie to Luc and Sofi.

if anyone knows of a 'series' .. ohdo let me know. Lucas is almost 7 ... and loves 'adventgure' books. Am thinking of starting some ofthe classics with him soon. Tom Sawyi er, hUCKLEBERRY fINN AND jACK lONDON BOOKS. (i did get him a Hardy Boys book .. but he wasn't as interested in it as i was hoping .. maybe next year. (the boys are older in that series). He has not shown much interest in Harry Potter and 'wizard' type books either. he doesn't like SCARY movies at all.

i'm going to get a fun movie for wednesday and me to watch tonight. i soooooo wish we all lived closer!!! hank would NOT consider Toledo or any other 'big city' at this point in our lives. maybe a future chapter.

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2008 :  4:00:54 PM  Show Profile
Frannie,
Sounds like you have had lots of fun with the kids, and you have been a great help to Wednesday. When do we see pictures of little Isezbel?
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2008 :  8:37:25 PM  Show Profile
hi nancy ... i have to get back home to my 'home computer' where i have a photo program .. don't have one on my laptop .. but will try and figure out how to do that after i get home (probably not the first week though .. cuz' lucas is coming back with me and will have most of my attention during his kentucky visit. i have taken lots of pics of all three of the grandes and will surely post them.

have you ben finding any 'great finds' lately? i've only gotten to the antiques shoppes up here a few times .. but have gotten some fun stuff. ha! i find that i mostly want to spend my pennies on the kids lately! (i'm sure i'll pick up on the 'tiquing' when i get back home! xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic SUNNY SUNDAY Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page