Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Prince Caspian's shirt/blouse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Prince Caspian's shirt/blouse Next Topic  

MarySueK
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

Susan
Richland WA
96 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  08:45:48 AM  Show Profile
Last night at my smocking group I asked if anyone had seen the movie Prince Caspian and everyone said "Oooh - Prince Caspian's shirt!" I wonder if I could make one? I have been looking at the Folkwear patterns to see if anything looks like it might work. It would have to be for me - I don't see my husband or sons going for it.
Sue in Richland, WA
Sister #196

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2008 :  05:41:54 AM  Show Profile
ren type shirts are fun to make and wear. I wear my stuff alot for everyday clothes .It is very comfy

LIfe is a witch ~~~ and then ya fly !! My blogspot .http://tribalwitch.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2008 :  08:50:54 AM  Show Profile
Oh yes, check out the renaissance costuming patterns, you will find one similar. It looks like a basic loose peasant shirt but smocked. Smocking is actually very period, a good way to deal with all that fabric. let us know how you get on. :) I have always coveted smocking but never tried it myself. I make all our costumes for the renaissance fair (we have a shop there where we sell my watercolors) and I am only an average seamstress. I am positive you could do it.

Not all those who wander are lost...
www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

MarySueK
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

Susan
Richland WA
96 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2008 :  1:38:05 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sarah - I know a lady here who sews costumes for the Renaissance players, so she might have some good ideas for patterns. Those costumes look like a lot of work! Not to mention hot for summer wear. But the players do have a lot of fun. I'm going to show your website to my daughter (13 yrs. old) - she is always drawing fairies so I think she'll like to see your work.
Sue in Richland, WA
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Prince Caspian's shirt/blouse Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page