oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  12:28:05 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone have any bobbins for making lace that they might want to part with. I have never made lace before ,but from what I read you need at least 30. So if anyone has any they would be interested in trading for let me know.

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  8:34:49 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
30 nice bobbins is a lot of money they range from 5 to 25 dollars each even higher for real nice ones, student bobbins are what you probably want and you can buy them in a kit from lacis in Berkly California you can find them on the internet http://www.lacis.com/
besides bobbins there are pushers and pullers, prickers, patterns, thread, prickings, a pillow and books with instructions or a teacher

you can buy a 24 student bobbins for 21 dollars

HN02 - KLIOT LACE BOBBIN: $21.00
Hardwood, 3/8" x 5.5" sold in packs of 24. An economical bobbin designed for beginner and class use. Suitable for a variety of threads. (HN02), Smooth lacquer finish. Grooved to facilitate alignment in the Lacis Bobbin winder (BI60).

or you could get a beginner kit
* Bobbin Lace Kit:
Designed for the beginner, kit includes all the necessary tools and materials for learning bobbin lace technique and working a lace edging Adjustable pressed board stand, 2 dz hardwood bobbins, oval working board, threads, pins and patterns. An excellent way to introduce yourself to bobbin lace. (LB43) $36.00 Order Item

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
Farmgirl Sister #115
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store vintage threadshttp://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=79144

Edited by - sunshine on Jun 19 2008 8:42:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  9:09:15 PM  Show Profile
Sunshine, Thank you for the info! I will definitely have to check it out. I did find one site that has some for .80-$1.00 each if you buy 50 or more, but I don't know how good of quality they are. The site is lacemaking.com. I do tatting, crochet roses from 2 stands of sewing thread and if I could figure out how to make rick-rack I would and I have been intrigued with lace making forever so I decided to give it a try. Once again thank you for the info.
Monica
P.s. God Bless You Too!!!
Just to add I would be interested even if some one has a few because I think it would be fun to have a variety from different people! So if anyone has any let me know and what you might be looking for to trade. I might also be interested if someone has some for sale.

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Jun 20 2008 10:58:19 AM
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic wANTED; Lace bobbins Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page