Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Excitement Next Topic  

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  03:00:51 AM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
I got myself a new water bath canner today...something small, I know, but it's so pretty. The one I was using was an oooolllldddddd one--old in like I used it when I was a kid oh so many years ago. So I splurged on a new one!!!! It's so shiny!!!!

tee hee...

Samantha

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  09:45:16 AM  Show Profile
Have fun with that Samantha! Isn't it great how the small things bring us such great joy? I recently had my clothesline poles moved out along the back fence, from where they were in the middle of the grass just outside the back porch. They were in the way and I had to duck under them to go to the side of the house where the hose is. And when I came home the day it was done, I couldn't stop smiling! Enjoy, Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  3:40:51 PM  Show Profile
Hey Samantha,

I know exactly how you feel! I get so excited about buying myself something new for the kitchen! The other day I bought a really nice flat whisk that's silicone coated, and a fancy mini ladle for my homemade creamy salad dressing. It's so much fun having something new to create with in the kitchen!

I also splurged on an authentic Silpat from France, and a stoneware Shortbread mold (half price) the other day, online.

You can always justify it by saying it's for you to feed your family...! Just set me loose in a housewares store!

Have fun with your new canner,
Lori

Farmgirl Sister #183
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  6:32:59 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hey samatha.. Sounds like "you might be a farmgirl if...." to me :)

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Excitement Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page