Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members
 So, I am curious....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic So, I am curious.... Next Topic  

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  7:24:59 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
What badges are you working on and whatcha doing? I printed out the How to's and put it into a 2" binder. I also made a spread sheet so that I can keep it all in front of me, and of course a tab for my certificates. The "each other" catagory is the easier on for me.. but I am really looking forward to the outpost as well. I really cannot wait to hear what everyone is doin' hope you share.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  9:45:44 PM  Show Profile
I'm working on the beginners sewing badge. I am putting together a sewing kit and it is doing quite well so far! I just got a bunch of needles and thread and pins and such today. I still need to get (make) a pincushion.

I will be working on the knitting badge as well, although I don't know what I will be making for that one.

I love the merit badges!!

Farmgirl Sister #283

Chelsey
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  06:59:41 AM  Show Profile
Oh RENE...I am so slow...I haven't done a darn thing except put it all in a binder! What with my trip north, the gardening and landscaping, the pc crashing and some painting projects....well....I'm ashamed to say I've done nothing so far. I shouldn't say nothing because I guess I am working "towards" some........I'm finishing a baby afghan (crochet) for that new grandson, of mine born July 6th, I'm also reading Barbara Kingsolver's book..Animal, Vegetable, Mineral? (got it while I was up north)...wonderful! I am trying to use local food sources (close by) and did find and buy some fresh eggs about 20 minutes from here and bought some potatoes and squash from a little vegetable stand at a house not far from here. From one of those websites from BK's book it tells how to start a farmers market and we need one here! The closest is Calico Rock where Jen Bove lives...about 45 minutes from here so I think I have some work to do! It's funny but I was asking about FM's from the minute I got here but received blank stares so maybe some education and "free seminars" at the library are in my future?!?! I posted a pic of my Sisterhood certificate which I framed and hung on the wall....I'm so excited about it all...I'm ordering cheese making supplies so I can make my own cheese..WHO KNEW??? I've also gardened with heirloom tomatoes this summer and they're coming in now. I'm sure there's more but I haven't applied for any...I need to take pics of the plants and landscaping and tomatoes so I can use them when I apply! thanks for the reminder! But LOVING IT ALL!!!!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  07:01:41 AM  Show Profile
P.S. Rene...were you going to share your spread sheet? I thought you had mentioned it once before? If so...I'd love to have a copy of it...no sense reinventing the wheel but if not another great idea from you! If you can't I'll just steal your idea...again! LOL!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  12:04:20 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Sandra,
Yes! I will send it to you....I find it so helpful!
I love the book animal, veggie, .. very good!

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

proudnanaof3
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Kim
Denton NC
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  7:26:23 PM  Show Profile

Rene
You sound so organized. I am new at all of this and any help would be nice. Would you please send me a copy of your spread sheet? I would love a way to keep up with which on that I am working on. I have not started any yet but hope to in the near future. Thank you.

If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else. Booker T. Washington
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  7:32:07 PM  Show Profile
Rene could you send me the spreadsheet also? Thanks in advance!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2008 :  3:37:03 PM  Show Profile
The other day I applied for my first merit badge! I completed the Beginner level Buttoned-up badge. I collected 270 buttons of many different varieties and ages. I keep them in a kerr mason jar. I love my collection and I am going to continue collecting buttons because they are so fun and cute and a great collection!!!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2008 :  7:32:19 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
For the gals that want a copy of the spread sheet that are in the sisterhood.. email me @ rene@maryjanesfarm.com and then I will email you the spead sheet~ thanks

Chelsey~ have you tried the button braclet yet? I have seen them and they are so cute!

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page
  Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic So, I am curious.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page