Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  1:12:12 PM  Show Profile
Okay, so...I stopped by McYuck's for lunch today, since I was running behind and needed to grab something before my afternoon shift at work started.

I ordered a salad, a sandwich, and *coughs* French fries (comfort food).

The sandwich and the French fries were packed in their typical paper sack, and the salad was placed in a seperate bag -- the outside design showed it was clearly meant specifically for sending home salads -- and it was PLASTIC.

Just thought it's a little weird how I order something semi-healthy, and it gets placed in a plastic bag that will clog up our planet and throw the ecosystem out of whack, and then the VERY unhealthy food goes into the biodegradable paper sack.

Maybe they figure it's not using trees to produce. :P Well, at least paper can be recycled.

It's like the bag was designed to appear fresh and healthy and all that, to sell their salads...and yet it's made of plastic...go figure.

Anyway, just rambling, lol.

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  2:10:33 PM  Show Profile
Jodi, You poor thing, it's rough having a conscience. There are a lot out there without one! I don't know what the answer is for fast food and it's packaging. I guess at some point we should just pass on it, besides, it's just plain not good for us or the planet! Good luck on figuring it out!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Hmm...planet friendly? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page