Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Help me pick a color to paint my vintage camper
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Help me pick a color to paint my vintage camper Next Topic
Page: of 3

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  07:27:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I spent last Thursday, Friday and yesterday working on it. The roof has some rust, so it's time to paint. Here it is:

I taped over the back window(need to be repaired) so the water wouldn't get inside. I've hosed, scraped, scrubbed, sawed branches off the locust tree in front(used a sawzall instead of the chain saw, because I was afraid I'd fall off the old wooden ladder I was using-LOL). Just finding a ladder was a challenge. I was there alone, so I went inside the farmhouse and all I found were very big aluminum ladders and they were all on the second floor. No chance of me carrying them down stairs and out. But I'm the queen of wooden ladders - I've bought them for cheap and picked them out of junk piles - so I knew there was at least one there somewhere. Of course, the 'boys' had left it in the 'basement hole'(no stairs yet, just a hole). So I laid on the floor and fished it over and tied a nail apron onto it and hauled it up-HAHA-if I had fallen in, I'd still be there. Maybe we should fill the hole with water and use it as an indoor pool! :D

Anyhow, since it can't be seen from any road, I can paint this baby any wild color I can find. What do you all think? I'm up for something colorful. I painted the old house trailer a nice peaceful gray, just like the farmhouse, because I wanted it to blend in and look like it belongs(it's really too old to be allowed under the deed). So help me out. Suggestions, please! :D

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  07:32:30 AM  Show Profile
I'm going to say Robin Egg Blue or in that same teal family--something bright and happy! Instantly saw carnation pink, but I'm not much of a pink girl, myself, and I couldn't see that for you either...maybe I'm mistaken though :)

Boy howdy did you have a time getting the ladder up!!! Good thing this wasn't a Scooby Doo episode or something...you'd probably still be there and the gang would have to save you!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  07:36:13 AM  Show Profile
What about that pretty pinkish coral color that MJ painted...was it her car...? It's in one of the past issues of her magazine... very beautiful and bold.

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  07:54:20 AM  Show Profile
This project reminds me of a "hippie van" hopeful...you know, the ones with all sorts of wild colors and decals and painted peace signs and such. Oh, the fun to be had here! Enjoy your paint-fest, whether you go wild or understated...this looks like a fun little vacation spot to me.
Jami in WA
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  08:13:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I'm so obsessed about my little camper that, when the water lines went in last summer, I had them install a line in the back of it, so that eventually, when I get the inside restored, I can hook it up and have running water. The electric is already hooked up to it.

Maybe, if I come up with a logo for my farm, I can paint that on the outside, too. And then use it as a tax writeoff! ROFLOL! I'll just call it my 'office'!!! You can see it isn't going anywhere....I've landscaped all across the side and let a locust tree grow in front and a Rose of Sharon grow at the back. It's there to stay!

Blue is good. I can see blue. Maybe trimmed in rose/coral/pink.....

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  08:15:48 AM  Show Profile
I think you need to find some tiny little shutters for around the windows (coral colored?)...and maybe, eventually, plant boxes!!!! Can you just imagine?

I can. And it's C-U-T-E!!!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  08:18:23 AM  Show Profile
I vote for pink! The color of MaryJane's car would be perfect! Another thought would be to have it done in yellow and then have bees painted on the sides - for Miss Bee Haven. I'm jealous cause I want one of these cute little campers.

Handmade Soap and More! - http://www.therusticcottagebath.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  08:19:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Plant boxes! YES, I need plant boxes! And shutters would be wonderful. I'll have to measure and keep on the lookout. The Habitat Re-Store would be a good place to look. I went there last Saturday, and came home with more plants...like I need more plants...but for a dollar a pot, I couldn't resist. ;)

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  08:28:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
ooohhh, Kay. Hadn't thought of yellow with bees.....like that a lot...lots more work, but I like it...

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  08:46:26 AM  Show Profile
Hey look! We can play with it like this....then you can see what it looks like (well, sortof...my hand is not that steady--so don't ask me to paint for real!!!)

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  08:49:59 AM  Show Profile
That was an awesome idea, Jonni! And yup, I'm still voting for the coral!

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  08:51:09 AM  Show Profile
Haha... I might Photoshop the whole think coral this evening when I get home... just to see what it's like...

~Jodi

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  10:09:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
How did you do that, Jonni? I'd love to try. :D

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2902 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2902 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  10:42:41 AM  Show Profile
I totally vote for the robin eggs blue & the coral(pink flamingo) pink trim like Jonni has paintboxed in. Maybe even a little deeper blue
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  10:44:39 AM  Show Profile
That clever Jonni!! Janice this is such a fun project, of course I'm not the one doing all the hard work. But shutters and plant boxes, perfect. I can see that with any of the colors. Look how cute MARY JANE LEE DID UP HER LITTLE CAMPER. OOOOOH THE POSSIBLITIES!
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  10:50:10 AM  Show Profile
I saved your photo (right click on it and "save as" in "your pictures". After it is saved, open it with "microsoft paint" and go to town!!! You can create custom colors from a spectrum or use the ones available to you. It's a general application in most software packages..I bet you have it for sure at the office.

Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  10:51:23 AM  Show Profile
I really like the turqoise blue in the middle. You know, my mom once painted our old station wagon and stuck those non-skid tub decals (she used the flowers) all over it and called the car "Flower Power". Of course, that was in the 60's. But that could be really cute on your trailer, too.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  1:18:15 PM  Show Profile
What color are the appliences inside Janice? did you say?

or.. are you going to change those out.. ?

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  1:28:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Green, Kathie. That good old, mid 60's, early to mid seventies, green. The cabinets in the kitchen area are painted a lighter green. But I could change that. And the cafe curtains are green checked. All the other cabinets are just a natural wood. I've got a ton more work to do inside eventually. Right now, my dh is using it as storage. But I've been depleting the stores little by little. It's mostly garden stuff stored in there. And I've got a little building the size of my outhouse, on the edge of our property that is going to be moved up closer to the house for garden tool storage. ;)

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  4:58:34 PM  Show Profile
This conversation sure is fun to read! I don't really have any color to suggest, but whatever it turns out to be, it will be grand! Oh, that lucky little trailer!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  01:43:52 AM  Show Profile
Janice you and trailers and me and trailers girl.....lol
I vote for the teal in the middle of the trailer and the yellow for the stripe. Maybe a bit mutes and then paint bees keeps on the yellow strip.

Ok, I own a canned ham. Confessions of the trailer girl. It was used as a storage shed and they were hauling it to the dump, I cried no and said we will take it. They looked at me like I was crazy. Haven't worked on it yet, have to do other projects first but oh the planning. I take that back we painted the outside white and blue. Will change it later cause it was a yellow ugly pukey yellow. Could not handle that one. Needed tlc and one of these days it will get it. We fixed the leaks and that is all the further we have gotten.

Yes, Janice dear we are so kindred spirits....lol

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  05:21:42 AM  Show Profile
I vote for pink and robin's egg blue. And the curtains need to have pom-pom ball fringe!!!

Farmgirl Sister #204
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  07:56:32 AM  Show Profile
Janice I know you will do a great job what ever color you pick, wish I could be there to help you paint

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  08:53:53 AM  Show Profile
think of the colors that make YOU happy and smile.

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  09:03:58 AM  Show Profile
I also vote for the robin's egg blue. Maybe w/ either a cream trim or a chocolate brown trim. Photoshop is definatly a good way to try these colors out on it w/o having to paint the real thing over and over again

quote:
Originally posted by nubidane

I totally vote for the robin eggs blue & the coral(pink flamingo) pink trim like Jonni has paintboxed in. Maybe even a little deeper blue

Farmgirl Sister #21
Heart of Ohio Farmgirls

Proud member of Bees w/o Borders and ArtFuL SisTeRs

http://artfulheart.blogspot.com
http://farmgirltales.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  09:55:37 AM  Show Profile
Of course now I want a trailer too.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Help me pick a color to paint my vintage camper Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page