Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Help me pick a color to paint my vintage camper
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Help me pick a color to paint my vintage camper Next Topic
Page: of 3

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  10:35:04 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, me too

quote:
Originally posted by Nancy Gartenman

Of course now I want a trailer too.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sister #21
Heart of Ohio Farmgirls

Proud member of Bees w/o Borders and ArtFuL SisTeRs

http://artfulheart.blogspot.com
http://farmgirltales.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2902 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2902 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  10:03:40 PM  Show Profile
Hey Janice, I was also thinking of a mint celeste green.. That is a cool color that could be jazzed up with the blues & pinks! My 1st serious road bike(cycling, not motor) was a Bianchi & their signature color is celeste green.. it would look great on a camper too!! Here is a link to their home page.. http://www.bianchiusa.com
The green is the mint one that is on the jersey to the left of the 3 & also the one on the bikes of the cyclists pounding it out(as well as much of the lettering).. (ok I admit, I am a major cycling fan) The history of the color dates back to the Queen of Italy who insisted that all bikes be that color... very cool green... love it..(also love the robins egg blue too) just a new color that popped in my head & would work for your extra cooolo camper as well
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  10:25:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Janice....What's your favorite color?? Maybe that might be the answer ;)!!!!
With such fun involved, I think any color you pick is gonna be the right one!!!

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2008 :  06:06:01 AM  Show Profile
This will be considered boring, I know, but as I picture your trailer and read this thread, I keep seeing a clean white (it would be easy to paint, since it is white most places, now) with bright color touches like window boxes in red, or sky blue. You could use color around the door, windows and steps, and add a little white fence with more flowers inside it.....it would definitely take on a cottage look then. And perhaps an awning on a windows. You could cover the air conditioner with a bright colored or a white louvered panel. So now I have thrown in my 2 cents!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jun 18 2008 06:11:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2008 :  06:07:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
1. Ok, Carol Sue. OF COURSE you and I both have one of these! That's so FUNNY! :D
2. Miss Wilma - Boy, oh boy, do I wish you were here to help me!!! Tomorrow, I'm going to climb on top and attempt to paint the roof with aluminum roof paint(not sure how that's going to work for me).
3. Lisa - I do like that green.
I just can't decide. I like the idea of a sort of beehive softer yellow with bees....I've got a little time to think about it-still have to paint the entire body with metal primer.
4. Nancy Jo-I definitely think that after the secret garden, the next project you need to take up is a vintage camper! A little 'doll house' just for you out in the yard! Think of the decorating possibilities!! :D

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'

Edited by - Miss Bee Haven on Jun 18 2008 06:20:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  09:10:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Got the roof coated with aluminum roof paint:

[Used a bigger ladder for this job. Did you know that wasps are attracted to aluminum roof paint? Neither did I.....

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'

Edited by - Miss Bee Haven on Jun 23 2008 09:12:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  09:45:50 AM  Show Profile
After much mulling, I think I like the coral and the teal color. At first, I couldn't 'see' a thing but it grew on me. Would make a great office!

Flowers, flowers, flowers and a path of some sort. Don't forget the Hummingbird feeder too!

Winona ;-)

When you lose, don't lose the lesson!!

http://goneriding.wordpress.com/

Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  10:36:10 AM  Show Profile
Here's a thought...sorry, I couldn't resist...

http://www.drbukk.com/gmhom/images/latino.jpg

If you'd like the whole site, this is it...

http://www.drbukk.com/gmhom/park.html

Winona ;-)

When you lose, don't lose the lesson!!

http://goneriding.wordpress.com/

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  01:25:26 AM  Show Profile
Ok didn't know that wasps liked alumium paint, yikes!!!!!

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  6:12:39 PM  Show Profile
I too was thinking Coral!
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  08:54:28 AM  Show Profile
Ok, I am bored today and wanted to "paint"

Here's my suggestion, I'd do more daisy's and bees!!! Plus I'd make sure the wording was straight on the stripe, I couldn't get it to move around right
I think bright white curtains would look really good. I also second the shutters & window boxes.

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  09:03:11 AM  Show Profile
I vote for a soft coral colour! so pretty and it may go well with the inside green tones too...sooooooo cute! I want one now! Whatever you choose keep us well supplied with pics ! =) wish I was there to help you paint it!

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  09:26:42 AM  Show Profile
I think the yellow with bees is great!! I have an old 1965 Scamp, camper. My husband bought it for 300.00 it was a mess and I was not to happy about it But with a lot of hard work he made a really great camper out of it. We use it all the time. He saw the potential in it.

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

caro
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Carol
Princeton Indiana
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  11:01:31 AM  Show Profile
Since you're Miss Bee Haven, the yellow with bees seems appropriate. However, that coral and blue combo strikes my fancy, too. And by all means flower boxes, shutters, an arbor, a flagstone path, and a pretty flower wreath on the door that changes seasonally. And a rocking chair somewhere nearby.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  09:24:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Bridgette!!!!! That's so ME!!! I've been thinking about some shade of yellow/honey/bee related. And bees! Thank you so much for going to all that trouble! I'm going to show this to my dh. I think this is IT! :D

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  4:34:33 PM  Show Profile
Glad you liked it!, I was having a kinda blah Friday and felt like coloring!! It realy was no trouble at all. I like goofing around on the computer & when I am at work that is all I can do!!It helps pass the time!!
I had one more idea!! You could paint the word BZZZZZZ!!! On the roof, just for kicks.
Really only you and maybe some one in a small plane would ever know it was there!! :) I like secrets!!

Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  5:46:17 PM  Show Profile
Where have I been....that camper is so cute! Is this a new fad or something? Are there a lot of these available? Any color you pcik will look darling...how can you go wrong? Pick a theme like the bees and go with it. Now if it was me...I've always wanted a cabin in the woods so I would somehow paint it so it looked like logs and then little green shutters and flannel curtains...you get the picture...a lodge theme. You could do anything with it....how fun is that? I know...a lot of work too but just think what you'll have for years and years after it's done...I'm so excited for you...I want one too!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  10:24:31 PM  Show Profile
I am getting a kick out of this thread. That coral pink was the color of my prom dress. haha. I really like the soft yellow with perhaps black accents for the honeybees. :-) That would make the cutest office or shop if you wanted to do that. It won't be complete w/out a MJF bumper sticker on the bumper!!

~Jessica in Kentucky & Farmgirl Sisterhood #137~
Be sure to visit my blog & Crafty Clipart for some of my photographs:
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftyclipart.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  06:22:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I do need a bumper sticker, Jess. I need to scrape and paint it first, though. I'm going to have a busy week. The daylily beds are awash in weeds, too.

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  6:53:27 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Before I read any other replies, I immediately saw pink! Maybe because I love pink (surprise, surprise) and that's what I'd do!
lol! PINK!
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  6:56:26 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Okay, now after reading all the replies and seeing the yellow one..I like the yellow too ...hmmmm ... At ANY rate, it's going to be adorable!!
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  08:07:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Well, progress is being made! :D One eight hour day(only one break) of painting, painting, painting and ladder hauling later, here it is with one coat of primer on it:

I was surprised the paint was white. I expected some ugly automotive gray thing. But it looks nice and clean and fresh so far. I'll have to go over the parts that were that tan color - they are kind of showing a little bit.

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  08:17:39 AM  Show Profile
Wow, what a difference!!!! That's wonderful! Now, onto COLOR!!!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  08:49:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
One more thing I learned about the aluminum roof paint.....I went to an actual paint store for the primer and when he put the paint on a shaker, I just happened to ask him if I'd have to stir it because when I had bought the roof paint from Home Depot, the boy there had shaken it and I still had to stir it when I went to use it. The man said : "He SHOOK aluminum roof paint???" "That stuff could EXPLODE!"
.....oops.....just remember that if you need to use that stuff.

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  10:08:54 AM  Show Profile
That looks really nice Janice, what a lot of work! And what a big, huge difference.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Help me pick a color to paint my vintage camper Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page