Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  07:13:33 AM  Show Profile
What company are you with? What do like about them or dislike about them? Cost effective?

There's gobs of ads for different insurance providers, and I'm looking up some quotes online, but if y'all have personal recommendations, it would be wonderful...

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  07:16:33 AM  Show Profile
I use Kentucky Farm Bureau...each state has their own. I like them because they're local, inexpensive and we get dividend checks because we are "shareholders"...it's a cooperative.

I have no claim problems to speak of--whenever we've had issues they are right on it, and are very helpful. I have thought of looking into bigger companies, but I don't like the idea of things being "less personal". If I have to talk to one more "computer" or do half the work myself by pressing telephone buttons, I'll scream :)...so if there is a cost difference, I sacrifice for the customer care

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  1:46:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I use Progressive and have been very impressed with them, but I think it depends on your local agent. When the guy smashed up my car earlier this year, I only had the state minimum and most insurance companies say "Sorry- you are on your own since you didn't buy our uninsured/underinsured or comprehensive insurance. You deal with it."

But my Progressive agent was great in calling the guy's insurance repeatedly and even doing a conference call with me on the line to make sure all the information needed was transfered to the claim.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  5:31:46 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
We have Texas Farm Bureau...we have a Log Cabin, and the are the only company in our area that services our style of home. At first I was wary, but after 6 months, we added our auto, and after 6 more months I love them....the are a co-op, and I like that too!

Samantha

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  06:18:02 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, I'll have to look into these suggestions...my coworker is with USAA since her husband was in the military, and says she really likes getting the occasional check back, like it's a co-op, too. I wish I qualified, but the last member of the family to be in the military was my father, and that was ages ago, and no longer qualifies.

So I'll get some info on Progressive and the Idaho Farm Bureau...or if I'm moving to Washington...hmm... :)

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  06:19:36 AM  Show Profile
Oh... I must tell you! ROFL Geico quoted me nearly $300/month since I have a RED car (umm, it's a four door hatchback???)!!! I can't imagine what the quote would have been if I was MALE and had a SPORTS car!!! *gags*

~Jodi

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Car Insurance... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page