Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I'm really getting in to this Farmgirl Connection
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm really getting in to this Farmgirl Connection Next Topic
Page: of 2

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  6:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Okay, Kate, seeing you say this now doesn't make me feel bad. I've been doing the same here! It's one of my #1 places to be online. There's so much info and inspiration! Everyone is really nice too which is nice just the same. :D Anyways, don't worry ..I'm down here feeling the same way! lol
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  7:08:33 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message

This made perfect sense to me. It almost made me want to cry! I know exactly how you feel!

quote:
Originally posted by mellaisbella

My husband refers to y'all as "pretend friends" That is when I sat him down and explained to him what everyone means to me. You see, I have a lot of fairweather friends here in my life, but that is exactly what they are...fairweather friends. With all of you, there is no gossiping, no hurtfulness, no back stabing, no swearing, no being stood up at the last minute and well, I could go an and on about all of the good things about you all, so to me you are not "pretend" at all....you are all the realest (not a true word I know) friends I know!!!

"learn to watch snails" SARK

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  8:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
You know I have had the honor of meeting some of the "pretend friends" in real life. Having met them on line and then in person.. and I can say I havent been disappointed. Who I thought they were.. they are.... you know Brooke my experience has been, "whatcha see (read) is whatcha get with us farmgirls"....I understand where hubby is coming from.. guess it would be all to real if we all showed up on your front lawn (LOL).....

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  8:27:37 PM  Show Profile
I so agree with you ladies - there is the feeling of community without the unpleasant sense of "politics" that pervades some of the other organized things I have been involved with.
I feel fortunate to have found y'all

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  06:07:49 AM  Show Profile
Warm hugs all a round!!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  06:14:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Just so you all know, 3 weeks without the forum is WAY too long. Oh my gosh! I was going into serious withdrawals!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  06:15:20 AM  Show Profile
I right with all of you I ck in at least 2 times a day sometimes more. My hubby calls me a computer junkie. But thats ok with me , he is truely understanding thank goodness. You all make each person feel sooo special. It reminds me of the song Friends are Friends Forever. Yep you are that. Melanie, when you do become the millionaire and fly us over please remember to send me a knock out shot, because Im terrified to fly but I sure wound not miss being there. Love you all Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  4:36:05 PM  Show Profile
maybe we could hire a big 'ol bus painted with sunflowers and daisies...that could be the mode of travel instead of a plane. How does that sound Karen?

Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  5:15:32 PM  Show Profile
I think a lot of it is the common ideas. i never believed there was a site like this before. I love to can, garden, and other outdoor type things. My writing friends accept this as one of my idosyncrasies (sp?). It's nice to find a common bond and be able to ask those questions you never could ask because no one else quite got it. You have friends for like things. My October writing group is a blast, but bring in a non-writer and they would think we were all nuts. Course we are, but we get each other. that's the joy of this site.

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  5:52:36 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
i too am new here and love this site! i coudl sit here 24 7 tho sadly that isnt possible! lol already i am an addict but learning alot! by the way what is the "sisterhood"? i havent had a chance to get thru as much reading ehre as i woudl like. my connection is so slow i ahve just gone the few places that actually might have info i need! i wil get thru more i promise! lo. it may have to wait for winter tho as summers are jsut too short to spend time inside! peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  1:29:51 PM  Show Profile
Whew! I'm glad I'm not so different than the rest of you. Since I joined a few days ago, I find that I'm checking in more often than not! Feeling guilty though.

--I am grateful. I have enough.--
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  7:52:47 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
I'm on here way too much ...I'm quite guilty.

http://maggie.ecrater.com
http://maggiemerch.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  04:54:49 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, The bus sounds great! Fire it up and lets go!!!! anybody got gas money?lol Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Quintessential Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

175 Posts

Kate
Tyler TX
USA
175 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  05:21:28 AM  Show Profile
All of you are soooooo nice!!! I love all the replies that have been received from this topic. I also think the bus idea is a great idea. I'll pitch in!!! It better be a hybrid......hopefully running on used veggie oil...or better yet, corn husks and sugar cane. anyhoo.....thank all of you for making me feel so, so...........normal?? I hope I continue visiting this site many, many times a day. I have come to realize ........it's not an addiction.....it's a life style!!!

Ciao, Kate

Farmgirl sister

http://quintessentialkate.blogspot.com

Today is my best day!
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  07:57:12 AM  Show Profile
Whenever I feel "guilty" for spending time on MJF I think, well....I could be spending time watching a usless T.V. Show. Not that I have anything against watching T.V. once in awhile (we only have 3 channels so not much choice LoL!!!)but spending time here is much more rewarding indeed :)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm really getting in to this Farmgirl Connection Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page