Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I'm really getting in to this Farmgirl Connection
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm really getting in to this Farmgirl Connection Next Topic
Page: of 2

Quintessential Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

175 Posts

Kate
Tyler TX
USA
175 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2008 :  11:55:31 AM  Show Profile
Ahhhh, just curious, but I'm wondering how much time others of you are spending on this wonderful site??? I was just confirmed yesterday.... and I sat here at the puter until 11pm last night. Now today, I have been on and off ALL DAY LONG!!!! WooooHooooo!!!! I'm talking marathon....my butt's getting numb. But yet, I can't tear myself away. Tell me I will be okay. I feel like a kid fighting sleep cause I don't want to miss anything. But it's so darn fun........and I love all of ya!
...........Okay, I did sneak away and hit an Estate Sale right here in my neighborhood...but I swear, I was only gone for about 45 minutes. Did I miss anything?????
I'm wondering if there's a 12 step program I may benefit from??!!!

Kate

Today is my best day!

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2008 :  12:04:28 PM  Show Profile
You'll find a balance soon Kate! I think we've all gone through the stage your at right now. I know I have!! Some nights, I'm up until 1:00 am checking out the site and leaving my comments. It CAN be addicting!

Right now though, I'm on "baby watch," so I spend more time out in the barn than I do in the house. It really shows too! The place looks like a bomb went off! Ah.... but that's what's called Teenage BOYS and Summertime!

Glad your enjoying the "Chats" and Welcome to the Forum!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2008 :  12:10:57 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
This forum is the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing I check before I go to bed....I've got tha fever!!! I just love the vibe I get from reading all of the tips and ideas...I just wish that we could all meet!!!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

Quintessential Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

175 Posts

Kate
Tyler TX
USA
175 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2008 :  12:11:03 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Tracy.....My hubby will be happy to know that I'm just going through a phase....LOL.
Best of luck on the pending birth.....

Kate

Today is my best day!
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2008 :  12:41:10 PM  Show Profile
I think Tracy is right. It's a phase that we've all gone through in the beginning. While we tend to slack off a bit later (well, some of us) we're all so tightly connected to each other that a day without communication from these gals is like a day without sunshine! Besides, you're not wasting any time being on here. You're learning, teaching, getting new recipes, obtaining necessary information, praying for and helping others and communing with your sisters. The time you spend here is time WELL spent.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2008 :  1:29:36 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
LOL I know what you mean Kate! It feels like I'm on here two three times a day. It's not just the forum for me though. Since i'm still new and getting to know the rest of the girls still, I'm reading everyone's blogs and checking out etsy shops. Jeremy used to ask me if I was goin to talk on the phone all night, but now I think he wonders if I'll be on the computer all night.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart." Helen Keller
http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2008 :  1:37:22 PM  Show Profile
Hey Kate!! good to see ya! & I have to say.. Welcome to the Farm..!

My Name is Kathie.. & I'm a FarmGirl Aholic! To which i'm hoping there is NO cure!!!

You will find a happy medium! Tell hubby to be patient.. We all go few a few stages i think getting our feet wet.. there's so many new things to see & check out.. & so many wonderful people that we meet as well!
Once you get acclimated you'll find your 'times' when your most readily able to be on line that work for you & you Family.. & then of course there will be times in your life when you find that you just need your Farm Girl Family Too!!
Truly.. you'll level out..
But have fun! & enjoy what you find!

So good to have you!
Hello to the Family from Kathie in Florida!

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2008 :  01:30:19 AM  Show Profile
Here here to what Kathie and Lisa said. At first you are trying to take it all in, and there is so much you want to read and learn and get to know the farmgirls here. It does level out, and you will find what works for you. Some days I am on more than others, sometimes late at night, it just depends on how a day has gone.

So enjoy every moment and reassure your honey he is important as well.
Or you could tell him you are using some of those tens of thousands of words you need to use up in a day on the forum. That should make him happy, his ear won't get talked off!!!!!! It was what my dh was laughing about the other night with me and the forum.

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2008 :  03:08:57 AM  Show Profile
Uhoh! I have been on here 2 years and I still check the site ATLEAST 6 times a day!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2008 :  06:47:43 AM  Show Profile
I'm sort of new and found myself spending LOTS of time on here but it's been about a week now and I'm using it now for when I take a break but then sometimes I get caught up in a topic too and yes....it is all new so very exciting and I have to check out everything! But I have found it is also very inspiring and motivating when I hear about all the things you all are doing out there and what great company (I live alone) and great information!
Hi Julie in AR! Did you have rain last night or are you still having storms this morning? We had rain last night (Hurray! I don't have to water outside today!) and the temp is only 66 but with 97% humidity so I took my 3 mile hike through the woods with my dog this morning....boy was SHE happy....it had been awhile. So, I'm off to a good start today.....still working on getting prices for the insurance adjuster since the lightening strike and I recieved my Farmgirl Sisterhood packet in the mail yesterday so I have to start working on that badge and all the others! I'm SO excited! What are you gals up to on this fine Saturday morning?

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2008 :  07:56:41 AM  Show Profile
Sam we only got a sprinkle last night and none this morning. It really went north of us last night and south of us this morning. Bummer!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2008 :  08:36:06 AM  Show Profile
Yes, this site is definitely addictive, but it's a much better alternative than your garden variety addictions. Welcome aboard, Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2008 :  10:43:09 AM  Show Profile
Yep..I have been on here more than 4 years and still check it alot some days...at least once every day..usually twice. Depends on my day.
It is hard to stay away for sure!!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2008 :  10:58:56 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Kate:)
Haha.. yep, it just take some to find the balance a little longer then others.... I would however encourage you to sign up for the sisterhood and put that farmgirl energy into earning some badges... It is SOOOO fun!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Quintessential Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

175 Posts

Kate
Tyler TX
USA
175 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2008 :  12:02:32 PM  Show Profile
I have actually signed up for the Sisterhood....just waiting for my packet....and for it to show up by my name. I LOVE this whole experience!!! Thanks for all the positive feedback....all of you are top notch sisters.

Kate

Today is my best day!
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2008 :  12:26:50 PM  Show Profile
See Kate! I told ya! We farm girls are a tight-knit bunch and are always glad to welcome another one any time. Enjoy the site and all the new friends you'll find here.

I have to say AMEN to what Lisa said. It really ISN'T time wasted when you visit here. I've learned so much myself! All the tip's are great and so are the ladies giving them! And, you never know, you might have something to share that none of the rest of us knows about. It never hurts to learn something new. Have fun! Hugs, hugs, hugs!!! ~~~~Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2008 :  10:46:04 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Kate,
I can tell you will love the sisterhood.... Will be fun to see what you do.... welcome, welcome, welcome!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  05:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Oh honey that's how I still am.......I refresh refresh hahah :) it's a healthy addiction

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://ligonierfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  8:33:58 PM  Show Profile
I know exactly what you mean Kate, my computer was in the shop for two weeks, just got it back today, and I feel like I've been out of the country for a year or so. Welcome!!

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  11:20:10 AM  Show Profile
Okay, so you clever farmgirls need to come up with a humorous 12-steps of MaryJane, but would get us even more into it, instead of out. Ideas? :) Thank goodness this is a positive habit!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  06:01:41 AM  Show Profile
I was thinking the other day....if only.....if only I have TONS of $$$$ I could gather up all of us farm gals and meet in a big 'ol field somewhere...near the ocean....hey..I have a big 'ol field near the ocean!! anyway, I could fly all of you here and we could have a big bonfire, stay up all night eating s'mores laughing and chattin'. Then the next few days we could trade kitchen tips, teach each other how to knit, sew....well, we could do all kinds of things.....Soooooo if anyone becomes a multimillionaire, it is your farmgirl duty to gather us all up for a weekend meet and greet OK?!!!
Can you tell that I love y'all LOL!!

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

caro
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Carol
Princeton Indiana
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  10:51:58 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, it sounds so wonderful where you are, I want to save up $$$$ right now for a visit!
As for being "addicted" to this site...well, I'm so new that I dont even know what all to read yet! Has my head spinning. But what I have read has been very good and seems to be a great bunch of farmgirls!!! Not sure about "MJ 12 Step Program". Isn't step 1 having to admit a problem? If there's no problem, no need to take that step, right?
Go to Top of Page

moxieblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

121 Posts

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  3:23:17 PM  Show Profile
Problem? I don't have a problem... I'm perfectly happy reading all these posts. My husband might beg to differ on that though. ;)

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Farmgirl Sister #242
http://vintage-moxie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  06:25:49 AM  Show Profile
My husband refers to y'all as "pretend friends" That is when I sat him down and explained to him what everyone means to me. You see, I have a lot of fairweather friends here in my life, but that is exactly what they are...fairweather friends. With all of you, there is no gossiping, no hurtfulness, no back stabing, no swearing, no being stood up at the last minute and well, I could go an and on about all of the good things about you all, so to me you are not "pretend" at all....you are all the realest (not a true word I know) friends I know!!!

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  06:28:41 AM  Show Profile
I hope that made sense?

Go to Top of Page

moxieblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

121 Posts

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  08:31:22 AM  Show Profile
Yep, it made perfect sense. :) Behind every screenname there is a very real person, and regardless of whether we've all met in person or not, our spirits can meet here.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Farmgirl Sister #242
http://vintage-moxie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm really getting in to this Farmgirl Connection Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page