Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Stage 3... Next Topic  

kindacrunchymom
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Diane
In the thumb Michigan
94 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  12:00:11 AM  Show Profile
I'm sorry I haven't been on this last week. My friend who has breast cancer received a stage 3 diagnosis I am still in shock over it and have been pretty sad lately.

Anyway, it is great to be back, it looks like the board is hopping!

Farmmom to my 3 year old farm tot, and wife to a country boy!
To learn more about me, here is my blog:
http://mcadmom.wordpress.com/

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  05:41:11 AM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear about your friend, Diane. I know it will be very difficult for you to see a friend go through this. But that's why she has you!!!

Thinking of you both at this time, and welcome back!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

gafarmwoman
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Pam
Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  06:15:00 AM  Show Profile
My best friend from high school had breast cancer, Diane. She fought a fierce battle. That was years ago and the medical field has came a long way on treatments. But still, I wished I had taken more time to spend with her.
Be there for her when she needs to talk. My friend felt like she had to keep up a happy face for her husband and children and needed an outlet to let her feelings and fears out.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend.

...Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference... ~Robert Frost~

Life on a Southern Farm
http://georgiafarmwoman.blogspot.com

Edited by - gafarmwoman on Jun 10 2008 06:15:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  06:19:51 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Diane, I wish her all the best. Lots of (((HUGS)) and prayers coming her way. Thanks for being such a wonderful friend to her.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

kindacrunchymom
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Diane
In the thumb Michigan
94 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  06:33:27 AM  Show Profile
Thanks gals! I think the whole thing just feels like a sucker punch--I can't imagine how she must feel inside. Once she is feeling a bit better (she just had the mastectomy) we are going to have a playdate with our kids.

She is such a trooper, and one of those energetic people that amazes everyone around her. I keep waiting for her to email me and say--"Haha, just kidding, I just wanted a vacation!" even though I know that's not going to happen.

Farmmom to my 3 year old farm tot, and wife to a country boy!
To learn more about me, here is my blog:
http://mcadmom.wordpress.com/

Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  09:23:23 AM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
My prayers are with you...my Grandmother is going thru Chemo/Radiation right now...I know how tough it can be knowing that there is nothing that you can do to help your loved one. She is so blessed to have a friend that is sticking beside her.

Samantha

Dirt under my nails and weeds in my hair...don't tell me I can't dress up with flair!
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  10:44:54 AM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear about your friend's diagnosis, Diane. Hopefully, the radical surgery and an aggressive follow-up treatment plan will return her to good health. There have been such great strides in Breast Cancer treatment and survival rates over the last decade. It's bad news, but there is much, much hope going forward so just be strong for her, and take care of yourself, too.

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Stage 3... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page