Tatiana
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Tania
Boise ID
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  6:41:51 PM  Show Profile
I have always dreamed vividly and remember them enough to tell all the details to others. I often dream about work (I am a labor and delivery nurse) so I either didn't check in or chart on a patient and it is not the next day or like the other night, I dreamed I birthed my own red haired twins (I don't have twins and I am a Latina). The other thing is I have seasonal nightmares about tornados that I can't escape, they just keep following me around town ( I grew up in Ohio where the alarms went off for tornado warnings). I do notice that when I am more stressed, my dreams become more violent, apocolyptic, or sad. It helps to know that so I can cut out the stress. I also am pretty suggestive in my dreaming, so horror movies are way out the question for me.

Sweet dreams to you all,

Tania in Boise
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2006 :  5:28:14 PM  Show Profile
OK this is an old topic but I found it searching for something else, and, yes I have had some particularly weird dreams lately. In one I was an artist taking art lessons and painting (definitely not something I currently do) and in another I was mixing up body parts and computer file listings.... very strange...

But I just wanted to say that I had some TERRIBLE dreams about my kids when they were little - in one, my youngest daughter got run over by a delivery truck that was backing up, and in another she fell into the river, was swept away, and drowned.... Neither of these things happened and now she is 20 years old. I think the brain just works overtime thinking about terrible things that COULD happen and so cautions you to be more careful in your waking life. I never did let her get too near the riverbank or walk behind trucks!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com, web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  10:15:09 AM  Show Profile
I have some strange dreams myself....What Patricia said in her post really helped make sense of some of them.

Lately I have been having the "prophetic" type dreams...or that is what I think they are...natural disasters like tornados and hurricanes or even worse a biological attack and everyone is falling sick around me. The one I had last week was about a germ -warfare attack and everyone is sick...I am trying to take care of everyone in my little family but neighbors keep coming and asking if I can help them...of course there is no medicine and I am trying to remember all of the old folk remedies and herbal cures! People can't breathe and I remember that my grandma used a onion and mustard plastar on the chest for croup and congestion! I know that the bark of some tree can help with pain and fever...but how to make the tea or tincture?!?!??

This dream had a profound effect on me! I NEED to learn more about "alternative" medicine, folk medicines and herbs...there may be a time in the future where I will have to use it!!

I better do some readin' and learnin'
Kate

http://theknifemakerswife.blogspot.com/2006/07/knifemakers-wife.html
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  2:43:25 PM  Show Profile
It's so interesting how our subconscious can "nudge" us in certain directions, isn't it? It's actually very cool....

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Dreams and Sleep Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page