Page: of 2

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  08:31:00 AM  Show Profile
The last couple nights I have been having some really wierd and vivid dreams, and a horrific one about my grandaughter. These are SO real that I'm remembering, not loosing them like is usual right after you awake. Has anyone else been experiencing extreme dreams recently? I hope I'm not alone in this, but it's very unusual for me.

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  3:22:21 PM  Show Profile
My last dream of the night..one I had just before waking this morning early was about dogs at my front door...friendly ones..and one big basset puppy who came in the house. The others waited out front for him..he came in the house and ate the cat's food and drank from the toilet bowl (must have been thinking about my own basset's and their habits!!) and then came and knocked on my bedroom door! That is when I woke up ..weird. I am not sure what the deal was..but I checked on my dogs right away and they were fine. I have phases where my dreams are really vivid and then not for awhile. Very seldome scary..but sometimes weird and mixed up.

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  10:23:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Clare, I seem to have that problem when i have been overloaded (as we all have recently) with the stories, photos & such from television news when there is a disaster. I think it is the subconscience worring about loved ones in case of similar trial perhaps? In my case because I have been discussing with my daughters lately what we all should do/who to call/where to go etc. in the eventof some sort of disaster. Mothers never stop worrying...could that be the case?
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2005 :  02:55:14 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Diane and Jenny! Yes, I think it's probably a combination of indigestion <gasp> and the fact that I watched the evening news that night (which I make it a point to never do, but obviously wierded out and did it anyway!)..... Focusing on more positive things and not eating those things that will twist my gut... I know those things... guess we give ourselves constant reminders, don't we?

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing

Edited by - Clare on Oct 06 2005 02:55:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2005 :  06:13:01 AM  Show Profile
Clare,
I think you just hit it on the head. Having those necessary but worst case scenario conversations always stirs me up too and they end up lingering in my subconscious mind. They undoubtedly will end up in my dreamtime and either cause disturbing dreams, restless sleep or full blown insomnia.
Traditional Chinese medicine calls this "disturbed shen"...loosely translated to disturbed "spirit". We probaly have all experienced this throughout our lives as wives, mothers and friends.
As for the news, I gave up watching the news a loooong time ago.
My "shen" is much too sensitive for the concentrated pain,suffering and trauma that late night news offers. I prefer a newspaper or early morning news instead.
Hope you are sleeping better
BEB

"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2005 :  4:05:20 PM  Show Profile
Clare, I had a friend that swore she had the strangest dreams when she ate fish...what have you been eating??? :) I have had some strange ones lately (no fish either), but what is really strange is that after the same nights I've had one, my daughter will come in and tell me about a strange dream she had that night! Maybe there's something "going around"?!
Sweet dreams,
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

mdotterer
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Marlene
Pleasant Hill CA
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2005 :  4:16:53 PM  Show Profile
Sleepless Reader? Do you have insomnia so bad that your sign-in name is Sleepless Reader? I thought I had it bad!
Marlene
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  1:15:34 PM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
Okay, now I am having wierd dreams. I get them from time to time, and I could base short stories on my dreams, they are so vivid and detailed, and long.

One I was the captain of a ship (don't ask me, I have no clue why I would be on a ship in the first place) and 5 of the crew mutinied... I and my uppershipmen (whatever you call em) manged to avoid being murdered and took the ship back.. after I did some nasty things to one of the mutineers (the old martial arts training came into play).

Another I was in college, English 202, in someone's house with the weirdest arcitechture... long and short of it, there turned out to be monsters in the attic from the surrounding swamp, they even had names (I was even able to tell DH the names this morning, no idea where I came up with such a name) and the difference was the size of the tusks they had. Somehow it was up to ME to figure out how to get everyone out of the house and the surrounding swamp.

The part that scares me, is that in many of my dreams, I am alone to fight something. When I think of my husband in my dreams, there is a sense of loss, like he is gone and no longer with me.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  1:26:30 PM  Show Profile
I have to pipe in here now...I heard that song called "Iron Man" that came out in the early 70's by that group called Black Sabbath I think on the radio the other day...I dreamed that my DH turned into a rusted iron man and I had to get an oil can out and lube his joints...like the tin man in Wizard of Oz! I don't EVEN want to think of the interpretation of that doozy dream, but I am sure it is Freudian in nature and has mid-life overtones??? YIKES!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  2:30:53 PM  Show Profile
Read Script:
(Beautiful be-speckled therapist in rich leather chair, legs crossed,
pen and clip board in hands leans forward toward beautiful woman wearing size 6 boots, lying prone on a rich leather couch)
"So tell me, Miss Meadowlark, how long have you been living in Oz, I mean Kansas, dear. ...and did you have chili for dinner last night???" heehee
Wow, Jenny....
that was quite a dream you had there. Share that one with DH, or did you keep it to yourself? Usually I am a prolific dreamer. I keep a dream journal and everything. This week, however.......nothing I can remember. Not sleeping well at all though. That might be why.
Lynn, if I had that dream, I'd be afraid to go back to sleep!
Do planetary movements influence dreaming?? I wonder.
Maybe it is a collective consciousness thing.

"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien

Edited by - BlueEggBabe on Oct 07 2005 2:34:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  2:43:43 PM  Show Profile
Susan, I thought of both planetary movements influence dreaming and collective consciousness thing.

I also think it might be a seasonal thing. I've slept better once I pulled out an old wool blanket to put on my bed. The heaviness of it is comforting. I've still been dreaming, but less disturbing dreams.

Tonight, girls, let's all do a little meditative thing before bed to envision restful sleep for us all, ok?

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  4:50:26 PM  Show Profile
I have always had nasty dreams. Actually, nightmares really. Some to the point of where I fell I am physically in the dream. Sounds so vivid and feeling like I am being touched. I have also had repetitive dreams. Sometimes the content worries me.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  5:17:07 PM  Show Profile
Doctor Blue Egg Babe... In answer to your querie...I HAVE spent too much time in Oz, I mean Kansas...that is why I dream of my husband turning into a rusty iron man ( there are other reasons but I won't expound on those) and I carry my oil can in my purse...Jeeeez that sounds a little strange....And! If I had eaten chili you would have billed me an extra hundred bucks and kept those nice casement windows by Marvin open to the breezes...and had me sit on the floor for therapy. ( sulphur and methane does a number on leather) The first time I heard "Iron Man" I was all of sweet sixteen and my BF Mark brought his LP over to my house and had that sucker cranked up so loud my neighbors called and complained to my Mom... It was sooo strange hearing it again 33 years later.

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  5:39:56 PM  Show Profile
Fresh smelling air dried sheets and quilts help me everytime have a restful nights sleep, and sweet calm dreams too. Read somewhere in another post that the ions are different in line dried linens...and can have a calming effect.

Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  7:10:45 PM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
Kim, I know what you mean.

The content of my dreams does worry me.

The majority of my dreams are violent. In some of them, I do start to wonder if some part of me is on some other world - they feel so real. I've had ones where I'm some kind of vigilante, in a group or order of other vigilantes (we all have the same uniform), and there are these weird passageways behind these cities that I can get to - that one was so fast moving and had so many fights in it, when I woke my side hurt and so did my right cheek - for an hour - in places I remember I was hit in the dream!

I have watched people I love die in my dreams - and I am unable to help them. Turns out my dad has had the same dreams, like once my sister was drowning and he was unable to get there.

The ones that keep me awake are where I am attacked, and I take my best shot - something you KNOW would work, like a kick to the knee - and nothing happens. And I keep fighting and hitting and my punches are featherlight, no power, no impact to speak of, and I know I am about to die.

I had one dream twice a few months ago. That my dad is going to die of a heart attack in October. They are so creepy - I almost cannot wait for October to be over and I can stop holding my breath and laugh at myself.

When I dream about a certain person... I have to ask my family if they also have had dreams about her. She has done a lot of ill in my family and it ALWAYS means she is up to something evil again. Very odd... but there you have it.
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  7:18:33 PM  Show Profile
I have dreams where I am being attacked, but the most worrysome are one where, and I am really laying my heart out onthe line here, I attack ones I love. I wake up near tears with sweat covering my body, I often wonder if I am so stressed out by something that I am taking it out on loved ones in my dreams. I haven't had one of these in quite awhile, most were when I was living at home before I had been married, so probably 20 yrs ago. But still they haunt me to this day.

And dreams where I am attacked, though not killed, and I can still describe the places and envision them to this day.

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  7:19:58 PM  Show Profile
And I am SO not a violent person...

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2005 :  01:44:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
My daughter Erin believes that bad dreams relate to experiances that happened to you in your past lives..you guys must have had Lord of the Ring type lives..I was the boring scullery maid somewhere...
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2005 :  03:04:45 AM  Show Profile
My daughter repeatedly (I am talking YEARS, here)has dreams that begin in a normal setting, but quickly turn to some kind of forthcoming disaster (Ex. flood, meteor, fire,war, nuclear attack......)
It is always that she has to save her family, animals, friends and get them out of harms way and always in the face of adversity:
cars that won't start or headlights that don't work ,learning quickly how to maneuver a boat,airplane,spaceship etc. etc. They haunt her for days where she always feels like she couldn't do enough.I encourage her to talk about the dream so that she might discover possible meanings or lessons for herself.
One dream sequence that repeated itself for me years ago, was one of driving a car that either the lights went out and it was completely dark or that I would go blind while I was driving and I could not stop the car.
Eventually, after having this same dream in many different settings, I began, in the dream to understand that I had to trust that it wasn't me that was really "steering this car"...there was something bigger that would get me safely to my destination every time and that I had to learn to trust even though I couldn't see where I was going. This illusion was so strong and hard to let go of.
In subsequent dreams I was able to "remember" this lesson and "let go and let God" steer my car during my temporay inability to see.When I eventually had the dream that I willingly allowed my car to be steered in my blindness without fear, I never had a dream like that again.
It was a powerful lucid dreaming experience that I still have to refer to from time to time when I feel helpless and "blind" in my waking life.
I think it is in Eastern Cherokee traditions,but probably in other native traditions as well, where womens dreams were valued and always considered to be of great benefit to the whole tribe .
I wish somehow there was a way for the dreams of all of these sensitive, feeling farmgirls to be harnessed and properly interpreted for the good of our tribe.
'Cuz, I don't think that men dream like this, do you?

J.J.R.Tolkien

Edited by - BlueEggBabe on Oct 08 2005 04:49:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2005 :  7:26:02 PM  Show Profile
Just the other night, I dreamed that the Publisher's Clearing House knocked on my door and I won one million, six hundred thousand dollars! I'd like that dream to come true!!
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2005 :  9:13:41 PM  Show Profile
Okay girls let's do some explaining... Last night I dreamt in very exacting detail that Johnny Cash was my Uncle and that I was responsible for making sure he ate properly and I had to chase away some strange "groupie" type relatives away, who were eating up all his food! I had two friends along with me who somehow mysteriously never knew he was my Uncle and kept saying "We didn't know you were rich" and my response was " In this family the person that earns the money keeps the money, so...he is rich, not me." It was said as a statement of fact with no harsh or jealous feelings. I could actually feel myself running down an outdoor embankment yelling at these food eating people to leave now before I called the police!

What on earth or elsewhere was going on in my old head?!!! I have seen the PSA that his daughter did discussing his diabetes and they made me sad but I have never been all that aware of a profound need to take care of Johnny Cash! I'm not even a very big country music fan!
I used to dream wild , wacky and very vivid dreams all the time but after developing fibromyalgia my sleep patterns are constantly in flux, not very regular, and I also think not very deep. Anyone got an explaination for that little treasure? I woke up and remembered every detail, even how the house was decorated and the plates they were eating on (Corelle!) Just plain weird!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2005 :  10:47:50 PM  Show Profile
Johnny Cash, huh? that is a different one!!
Alot of times I will dream that I am a part of some book I have been reading..usually in a crazy mixed up way, but now and then in a really vivid way and I hate for the dream to end in the morning..if it is a good part of course!!
I don't think I sleep very deep either. I tend to wake easily and hear everything.
My oldest daughter, who is 6ht grade has been doing a science fair experiment on germs. She swabbed 4 things and has been watching the germs grow (pretty gross) and one night I dreamed that she kept swabbing more and more things and there was a disply at her sceince fair with all sorts of scary looking germs growning and labeled with things from my house that should be clean..like ...kitchen sink, inside fridge, mom's favorite mug, things like that..and I was so embarrassed. I am talking like 100 things!! It was in the middle school gym and I saw all these people that I know just whispering and pointing when they looked at the display.
What is funny is that the germs growing the best are where she swabbed her little brother's hand!! Yuck!

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2005 :  6:22:28 PM  Show Profile
I always have very vivid dreams.Since I was a kid I have had a dream of being chase down a stone tunnel (It was dark and lit by tourch)by a lion.I always wake up sweating a panting from running so hard.
My husband says I have a second life in my sleep.I am usualy very tired during the day and he says that why I never get a rest.
Lately I have been having dreams of people leaving their neglected babies for me to take care of.I have to hold them because they are scared while I shop for clothes and food for them.The whole time I am telling them I love them and it will be ok from now on.I won't let anyone hurt them anymore.These babies are of all different races.And each one is different.Boys girls it is always different.I have no idea why I keep dreaming this usually I can figure the dreams out but this one I cannot.Anyone have an idea?
Alicia

http://fromcitytocountrygirl.blogspot.com/
follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2005 :  9:23:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls ~ As a psychic, I teach my clients that there are different kinds of dreams. The most common ones are the digesting, assimilating, and discarding of the day's experiences. Because the "computer" part of us, the subconscious that records everything, does not reason, it merely records, the perceptions can get jumbled up. Don't forget, our subconscious is recording EVERYTHING we perceive. For instance, right now, my conscious mind is focused on writing this, but if I stop and really listen, I can hear the TV in the living room, rain outside, the house occasionally creaking, the pets playing. These things and much more are going into the computer. These kinds of dreams also reflect our mind's processing of our emotions - our hopes and fears for example. Don't forget, the brain does not distinguish between what is "real" and what is imagined. That's why telling one's self "I'm fat and ugly" or "I love life" manifests more of the same. Our brains act on what they are told.

Another kind of dream is the prophetic dream. This is the one in which someone will dream something that will happen, albeit sometimes altered, later. Quantum physics has identified 11 different reality co-existing with ours, maybe possibly just a hair's breadth away. I've always taught that there are countless realities, and science is catching up, but my point is that we exist in more than just this one and sometimes there is "bleed-through" - what we are esperiencing in another reality echoes in our minds here. This is also an explanation of deja-vu which I find very plausible.

Nightmares are also processing of our fears and expelling them. I used to tell my kids when they were little and had one that it was their minds throwing out the garbage or getting rid of the psychic (a word that means "of the soul") clutter. Although they are scary, they are really good things.

I hope this helps. Nighty night.

Hugs,
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Judes
True Blue Farmgirl

156 Posts

Jude
OH
USA
156 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  12:18:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Judes a Yahoo! Message
It has taken me years and years to determine this....but I do not sleep in October. Not one bit! Last year was the worst, which is why I finally took note of my sleeping cycles. (I should add that when I did sleep i had convoluded dreams) One sleepless night, I pulled out all of my old journals and found that every single year, in October, I was up way too late writing about how I couldn't sleep! I don' t know alot about the moon and cycles of the earth...but it may have something to do with that. I have also started to realize that my body is on an annual cycle, just as it is on a monthly cycle, but because annually only happens once a year...it's not as easy to recognize!! (For instance, I get the same blemish on my chin...every year...at the exact same time). If bulbs bloom in spring, and leaves fall in fall etc....who's to say it isn't the same for us? My other theory....is simply that October=Fall and Fall=slowing down from the pace of summer. Your body & mind may just be adjusting to the new season, and the drawing within that happens in the colder months. Regardless, I'll put you in my prayers tonight before I go to sleep. (Note: it is 3:16 am and I am still awake. Should you have any more bad dreams in the middle of the night....hop on your computer and odds are I'll be online!)
Sincerely,
Judes
Go to Top of Page

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  4:38:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,
I just found this website and seriously thinking of ordering "REST QUIET" patches.
http://www.lifewave.com/rest_quiet_index.asp
October-November does seem to be bad for not sleeping, me I think it's the time change and getting darker earlier.
Spring and Fall seem to be worst for me, in Fall I want to go to bed about 7:00 PM but if I do I will be wide awake by 12:00AM or before.
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Dreams and Sleep Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page