Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Our Apron Collections
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Our Apron Collections Next Topic  

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  06:15:34 AM  Show Profile
I've been in picture taking / documenting mode recently and thought I'd share pictures of my apron collection. And I would love to see pictures of y'alls collections! (I will also post pics of some other treasures too).
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/farmersdaughter1230/album?.dir=/3435&.src=ph&.tok=pho4cuDBlnY3CDbb

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  06:48:42 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
Clare those are wonderful! Love seeing them! I have a question for you...did you happen to buy the one with red in the last picture online?

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  08:11:59 AM  Show Profile
Julia! I can't remember for sure!!! But I think I found it at Goodwill or a yard sale. Was there one like that available online?

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  08:13:58 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
It was similar I think! I was laughing because just as I was about to buy it, someone else snapped it up! I would have been happy to find out it was you!!

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  10:17:52 AM  Show Profile
Your aprons are great. I love the full coverage ones.I love the one with the patch work on it. Never seen that before. I have been taking pictures of my aprons as well. Saw the movie "THe greatest game ever played" yesterday. The Mom had a couple of great aprons on. I love the feeling that aprons evoke. Duty, yet femininty.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  10:41:47 AM  Show Profile
I don't have any at the moment. Had to leave a lot behind when we moved to SLC, but I'm enjoying seeing everybody else's. I feel like the pioneer woman who had to abandon things along the way West.
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  3:16:55 PM  Show Profile
oh no!!! I should have brought you an apron yesterday Patricia!! Didn't realize you were apronless!!! We will have to fix that!!!

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  3:24:20 PM  Show Profile
Love them all Clare! My fav's are the red floral and checked one from collection 6, and the red check one from #3 that has a tomato or something on it?? There is something so sweet and good about aprons hanging on a clothesline!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  3:34:15 PM  Show Profile
It's funny that you should say that, Meadowlark, regarding the clothesline. True confession time: That is not a real clothesline, it's a makeshift one attached to a hook in front of my french doors and the other end attached to the umbrella in my outdoor table! I have my ideal clothesline/ outdoor retreat room all mapped out in my head. Just trying to figure out if I can build it myself! It will be a pergola that is square, have a daybed in it, my old clawfoot bathtub filled with flowers, some old recycled shutters and windows hanging from the beams, and some trumpet vine and climbing roses on top for shade... and bolts attached to the beams for detachable clotheslines when I want to hang my clothes out!

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  4:05:25 PM  Show Profile
Clare, sounds beauuuuutiful! Be sure to post pics when your project is completed! Hey, if a line is above the ground and securely tied and supports clothes it is a clothesline in my books! All it needs is sun and breezes! Your pics are so nice, did you get a digital camera?

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  4:49:56 PM  Show Profile
Ha! in my dreams, Meadowlark! I've yet to be visited by the digital camera fairy. If I had, some of those wouldn't have been so off centered, cause I would've been able to view and delete!

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  5:03:49 PM  Show Profile
Today our ladies club joined with another club nearby, for a luncheon, we were to wear aprons. I wore one of my mother-in-law's from the 40's, my mother wore one that I had made her for Christmas. There were new ones, old ones, funny ones, elegant ones, dressy ones, and cute ones. A poem about Grandmother's Apron was read by a woman wearing a linen apron with red piping and hand applique and embroidery. It was gorgeous. The door prizes were vintage smocked gingham aprons. A member of the other club had a display of irons and books about aprons. It was very interesting.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  5:08:06 PM  Show Profile
Kennie, That sounds like so much fun!

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  5:28:39 PM  Show Profile
It was. There are 3 clubs within about 30 miles, and several times a year we get together. We try to have programs and do fun things, even tho we are a service club.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Our Apron Collections Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page