Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Chapter ROLL CALL Next Topic  

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  7:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
How about this.
What if we post here our chapter name and location - and add active or inactive... we will at least know which chapters are active on the blog... It may also be a fun way of letting us farmgirls connect with other chapters in our area - to share resources and plan get togethers.....

I will start.... I am Prosserfarmgirl - we have a new chapter in Prosser WA. We are planning a great summer of activities starting with a meet and greet to get our local gals introduced to each other.. Our chapter is known as "prosserfarmchicks".

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2008 :  09:31:37 AM  Show Profile
Me next...

My name is Amy McIntire from Reynoldsburg, OH and I am the leader of the newly formed "Heart of Ohio Farmgirls"....we are up to 4 members (including myself) :-) We are working on getting a gathering planned (sometime in the late summer/early fall)as well as brainstorming some ideas for fun activites.

Farmgirl Sister #21
Heart of Ohio Farmgirls

Proud member of Bees w/o Borders and ArtFuL SisTeRs

http://artfulheart.blogspot.com
http://farmgirltales.blogspot.com

Edited by - amyartgirl on Jun 07 2008 09:32:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2008 :  11:05:09 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Amy,
SOunds great. I love the "heart of Ohio' Cute, cute!

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2008 :  11:14:31 AM  Show Profile
We are The Rurul Utah farmgirls...sort of middle of the state. There are 4 active members right now..and hopfully more to come.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2008 :  11:44:39 AM  Show Profile
Just saying "Howdy!" from another of the Rural Utah Farmgirls!

XOXO, Libbie

"Farmgirl Sister #10," and proud of it!!!
Go to Top of Page

2gramsroses
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

sherry
Williams In
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  02:45:05 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Our chapter is Over the fence, here in Williams Indiana. Just getting started.....Sherry

Farmgirl 212

Life is always more fun when your with friends. http:www.homesteadblogger.com/overthefence/, http://2gramsroses.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  06:38:12 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hey Sherry, good luck and have a lot of fun! Thanks for letting us know you are out there? do you have anything planned as a group as of yet?

Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  7:47:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Ok, now me...

I'm Tammy and I am the leader of the CraftyBay Farmgirls here in Glen Burnie, MD. We have ladies from all over Md in the chapter, we are active and have a meeting planned for the end ofthe month. There are 7 of us and we are always looking for more farmgirls to share in the fun!

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2008 :  11:23:10 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hi Tammy. Sounds like you have a great group of gals....Did you all know each other before the chapter or are there new friends?

Go to Top of Page

QueenofQuiteAlot
True Blue Farmgirl

865 Posts

Dalyn
Milk 'n Honey Ranch Central, WA
USA
865 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2008 :  12:19:29 PM  Show Profile
This is Dalyn...our Yakima, Wa group is called "Muckboots 'n Aprons"
we are a Christian homeschooling group, although it wasn't planned that way and we are not exclusive *U*

Dalyn

Muckboots 'N Aprons Chapter
~Hick Chicks Soap Barn ~
www.hickchickssoapbarn.com

Homespun Raw Goat Milk Soaps 'n More

http://muckbootsnaprons.blogspot.com/
http://proverbs31nubians.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2008 :  6:28:16 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Dalyn!
I will be calling. I think I about have our 1st "meet and Greet" organized.. and I will pass on the details.

Go to Top of Page

Renee M. in Michigan
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Renee
Allendale MI
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2008 :  11:37:55 AM  Show Profile
This is a great topic to start and keep active. Good idea René!

I am e-mailing the two chapters listed near me and giving them another week to contact me back, but I'm not holding my breath.

However, I may be starting my own chapter in the Fall. . . we'll see. I keep laying down for 20 minutes, but the idea is still there.

I've kinda got the impression MJ Farmgirls are fewer and farther apart than I suspected, or maybe it's a regional "thing" as to the truth of that.

-- Renee M. up in the mitten

Farmgirl #211
No woman ever made history by behaving herself.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2008 :  12:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Renee,
I dont know how few and far between, as I seem to be running into them everywhere.. or they flag me down if they see the bumper stickers... but I think it is girfriends getting together.... I got brave and did a "round up"... just invited gals in the area to come and be a part.. and the response was overwhelming....And I was afraid that I would be "responsible" for all these gals, but so many have stepped forward to offer a hand and it is just so great... I would encourage you to start a chapter.. you wont regret it...Until then, just keep chatting ... we'll keep you connected!

Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  07:20:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Hey Rene!

We all met through the MJF site except my daughter Samantha. I just welcomed a new member to the group a week or so ago, so I hope we can continue to grow have have fun!

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  07:46:52 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Tammy,
How great is that? I have been so surprised by the farmgirls in my own back yard that i didnt even know they were there.Or hearing stories from some of the older ladies in my life about thier farmlife -growing up etc. that I had no idea of.. So much fun....Sounds like you guys will have all kinds of fun getting to know one another....

Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  07:34:04 AM  Show Profile
Hey Ya'll, I tried to contact the chapter in my area (Chattanooga, TN), and no one will reply, I am thinking of starting my own, any suggestions? Or is anyone a member close by??
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  07:40:15 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Kelly,
That must be frustrating.... Hopefully you will find someone here.... but starting your own is easy and so rewarding. Keep us informed.

Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  09:01:52 AM  Show Profile
I have started my own chapter the Chattanooga Chicks. Welcome aboard anyone interested!
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  09:13:54 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
YEA! Kelly!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Chapter ROLL CALL Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page