Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Cold War in Hot Texas Next Topic  

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  12:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
I have an amazing group of friends that I have been blessed to be the center of...somehow I am the hub and I keep the wheel going. Each one of us--there are 5--bring something special to the sisterhood; however, here lately there has been discord. Two of my dearies have been at cold war with each other...one, Lady J we'll call her, has a problem with Lady K--in the aspect that Lady K is more wordly when it comes to possessions. K and her DH work very hard for the things that they have, and I have never witnessed any of the "rubbing in" that Lady J has began to complain about. On the other hand, Lady K I believe has been picking up on the stink-eye vibes that Lady J has put out, but at the same time, I believe she is a bit clueless as to how Lady J truly feels about her. Lady J is as close to me as my sister, and Lady K is just as close, so when they call me and we talk, I feel so bound. I don't believe either of them really know what the other is feeling, and I can't convince Lady J that it may just be a communication error. I can't talk to the other 2 in our group about this--they are so busy with personal issues right now. I don't want to see our wheel break apart, because I don't believe any of us could function correctly without each other! How do I stay in the middle, without hurting either of their feelings?? Is there a way that I can be a peace keeper in this situation?? Thank y'all for any help...Sam

Dirt under my nails and weeds in my hair...don't tell me I can't dress up with flair!

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  2:39:31 PM  Show Profile
Boy is that a hard one. The first thing that came to mind was a lock-down sleep-over with only those two women. If they have no way out, they have no choice but to work it out. I could be wrong, though.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  4:14:42 PM  Show Profile
There is no such thing as being in the middle and not hurting anyone. I would stay out of it, not discuss it with either of them and just be their friend without trying to fix it.
That is a sticky situation for sure. Good luck. :)

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  4:37:05 PM  Show Profile
Me thinks that J is jealous of what K has and thinks any mention of said items are making her even more jealous. From what you said, K does not flaunt anything, so is not aware of what J's problem happens to be.
I had this happen in my own family, with my sister. Mother told me the sister was jealous of what I had; remarried my first husband, who had been successful in his earnings and I no longer had to worry about keeping a roof over my head. For many years, my sister had more than I did and when the roles reversed, she couldn't deal with it.
I agree with Karin. Being in the middle is not a good place, though you surely did not ask to be there. Regardless of what you would say to either one, you will come out being the bad person. I was in the middle, trying to make peace between mother and the same sister for most of my life. When I got tired of it, I was then the bad one in the sisters eyes and likely it will not change in these lifetimes. Sad situation. I expect one or the other of the ladies will eventually drop out of the group, and everyone will lose.
Go to Top of Page

Shi-anne
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Cheryl
Ada OK
USA
596 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  9:28:41 PM  Show Profile
Sam sorry you are going through a mess like this. I don't have any good advice. Being caught in the middle is a bad place to be, better that Lady J talk to Lady K, or simply accept her for who she is. Chances are Lady J is "hurting" in other ways and this is just a secondary problem. Could she be going through the change? Or maybe just overwhelmed at home?

I'll pray everything works out.

Farmgirls don't have hot flashes ~ They have power surges!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Cold War in Hot Texas Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page